Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 09:34 AM

847 posts, read 1,180,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
suburban American who are not used to live in highly dense cities
I live in a highly dense city and in my opinion some places in Paris should be more clean. But certainly it doesn't mean that the city is overrated. No, it's very interesting.

Barcelona is a little bit overrated. Perhaps, I just don't like its most famous architector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 09:40 AM

8,865 posts, read 8,448,789 times
I am surprised by the mentions of Barcelona in this thread.I've been there and it was stunning.Other than being SO crowded and hot in summer,the city is really beautiful.
I'd take Barcelona over Madrid personally.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:42 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
I love Barcelona, but I can see why someone would say it is overrated. The way people rave about it is surprising. Again, I do love it though.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:46 AM

847 posts, read 1,180,249 times
Some streets are beautiful. But I don't like the most famous architector of the city and the crowds of tourists near his buildings.

Last edited by Muscovite; 06-12-2014 at 10:16 AM..

Old 06-12-2014, 09:48 AM

8,865 posts, read 8,448,789 times
I think the reason why I loved it so much could also be that we had an awesome tour guide who was really good at her job lol.
Regardless.Despite the scary crowds(I was so turned off by them tbh....) in Gaudi Park,the architecture is gorgeous.Sagarada Familla is such a work of art.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:30 AM

79 posts, read 111,573 times
Paris, Rome and London are not overrated.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:19 PM

121 posts, read 389,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I think the reason why I loved it so much could also be that we had an awesome tour guide who was really good at her job lol.
Regardless.Despite the scary crowds(I was so turned off by them tbh....) in Gaudi Park,the architecture is gorgeous.Sagarada Familla is such a work of art.
Sagrada Familia is not completed yet. The inside is completely blank.

Also the famous aquarium of Barcellona is nothing of special. They brag about it so much, but even the aquarium of Genoa is much better.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:08 PM

909 posts, read 1,153,846 times
Honestly I wouldn't say Paris is overrated so much but just crowded and full of tourists and perhaps that's what takes away the real Paris charm. But I do realize Paris has a lot to offer. Many people say London and Paris is overrated because they get a lot of attention. But Barcelona on the other hand I do find very overrated. Apart from the architecture it isn't a very nice city. It just felt average to me and it didn't feel like a world class city or a city full of history. La Ramblas is overcrowded and not an amazing one of a kind pedestrian street as they say. Some people like the food but I wasn't a big fan of it personally. Just my opinion. I find Amsterdam to be underrated and it is my favourite city in Europe. :P

Old 06-12-2014, 01:26 PM

529 posts, read 556,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo vidal View Post

Also the famous aquarium of Barcellona is nothing of special. They brag about it so much, but even the aquarium of Genoa is much better.
I've been a couple of times in Barcelona and I liked it very much ( though not as much as Lisbon, my favourite city in the Iberian peninsula and one of the very finest cities in Europe).
But to be honest I didn't even know it had an aquarium.
In my opinion the aquarium in Valencia is much more famous, at least abroad.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:21 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,092,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo vidal View Post

Aren't you Spanish ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe