Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 01:13 PM

564 posts, read 747,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
It seems to be a general theme, that most people assume that 50 million non-Euopeans moving to Europe is expected, and anything less, and Europeans are racist, intolerant, scum of the planet types of people. Isn't it hypocritical that it isn't reciprocal?
I'm with you Tiger Beer, the people saying "why would I want to go to those places" are missing the point, which is not that you don't want to go there but that you should be able to if you so desired, which you can't unlike what happens in Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Right now, there are Portuguese going to Angola, mainly looking for work.
Lol, there are a lot more than just Portuguese going there, but unlike all other immigrants like the Chinese there are cultural ties between both countries since Angola used to be Portuguese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
Europeans are trying to compenstate for the self hate that they grapple with as they reflect on their past as the most brutal and immoral group of humans in human history.
Oh you're one of those. Yes, only whites are meanies, everyone else is great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 01:17 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,378,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexdiamondz1902 View Post
Considering that Europeans did that to not one, not two but THREE continents (North America, South America and Australia) to the point that they completely displaced the indigenous population there, I'm wondering what the fxck you have to complain about? Did Europe not colonise the ENTIRE globe? The only reason Africans, Asians and Middle Easterners are moving to Europe is because Europe pillaged their wealth and made them impoverished in the first place.
I agree, I saw an article and it said that developing countries should be called "over exploited countries" and developed countries should be called "under exploited countries"

Old 09-16-2014, 01:21 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,378,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchupuata View Post
I'm with you Tiger Beer, the people saying "why would I want to go to those places" are missing the point, which is not that you don't want to go there but that you should be able to if you so desired, which you can't unlike what happens in Europe.

Lol, there are a lot more than just Portuguese going there, but unlike all other immigrants like the Chinese there are cultural ties between both countries since Angola used to be Portuguese

Oh you're one of those. Yes, only whites are meanies, everyone else is great
Europeans have destroyed this world so much during colonisation that its so entrenched in society its almost invisible. Its like the white elephant in the room, Whites are not meanies but the ones that have caused destruction and brainwashing in this world.

Go read a book that isn't whitewashed...

Old 09-16-2014, 02:20 PM

564 posts, read 747,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Europeans have destroyed this world so much during colonisation that its so entrenched in society its almost invisible. Its like the white elephant in the room, Whites are not meanies but the ones that have caused destruction and brainwashing in this world.

Go read a book that isn't whitewashed...
I don't need your advice, you're one of the most annoying "whites are evil" guys on these boards.

Old 09-16-2014, 02:38 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,342,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Lakes View Post
I can't find the part where these links say that people can't go to those countries for work.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:08 PM

16,258 posts, read 43,181,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchupuata View Post
Which is why it would seem even BETTER for these other countries to reciprocally open themselves. If there is really so little demand, than they won't be overwhelmed by large numbers of immigrants either.

Old 09-17-2014, 03:47 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,469,385 times
Not all European countries exploited other countries. Just a few of the bigger powers like Spain, Portugal, Britain, Netherlands, Belgium. Some European countries were colonised themselves. Also Chinese colonised alot of other Asian countries. I don't think you can paint Europeans as bad guys and the rest of the world as innocent. It's not like the different nationalities in Africa treat each other so wonderfully. Turkey had the Ottoman Empire.

I personally think that Europe should monitor the amount of immigrants coming in. I also think that the indigenous populations should retain a majority just like in any other country. Of course for the USA, Canada, Australia this is no longer possible. Their indigenious populations were never large in the first place and what is done cannot be undone.

Also with immigration I think there should be a quota system where only a certain amount of populations from certain areas are allowed come in each year so that one group doesn't outnumber others which could lead to social unrest. People should still have control of their borders and decide what sort of societies they want for the future.

Last edited by Bernie20; 09-17-2014 at 03:59 AM..

Old 09-17-2014, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
I personally think that Europe should monitor the amount of immigrants coming in. I also think that the indigenous populations should retain a majority just like in any other country. Of course for the USA, Canada, Australia this is no longer possible. Their indigenious populations were never large in the first place and what is done cannot be undone.

Also with immigration I think there should be a quota system where only a certain amount of populations from certain areas are allowed come in each year so that one group doesn't outnumber others which could lead to social unrest. People should still have control of their borders and decide what sort of societies they want for the future.
The EU and their member states do monitor immigration from outside of Europe and there are quota systems in place.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:06 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,469,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
The EU and their member states do monitor immigration from outside of Europe and there are quota systems in place.
That's a good move especially with Schengen. They also need to stop people coming in boats and embarking on dangerous journeys trying to get into Europe. A lot of this stuff is run by people smugglers who only care about getting rich.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
That's a good move especially with Schnegen. They also need to stop people coming in boats and embarking on dangerous journeys trying to get into Europe. A lot of this stuff is run by people smugglers who only care about getting rich.
Well, there has always been quotas so that's hardly anything new.

The thing with stopping the boats: The coast guards don't have unlimited resources just to stop illegal immigrants. Doesn't mean that they don't try to do so.

In case the ships sinks within the territory of a member state (which happens quite often, not surprising when one considers what their boats look like) the coast guard is obliged to help them (Law of the Sea, yadda yadda) and after being rescued they can apply for asylum (Convention relating to the Status of Refugees, ...).

If the coast guards decides to not help refugees on high sea, the bodies wash up at European beaches. Rather bad press, as you can imagine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe