Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2014, 03:22 AM

121 posts, read 390,637 times

Advertisements

There were no firearms in the Europe in the XIII century. Chinese had already granades and primitive firearms (mostly modified fireworks) by then.

Maya and Aztect societies were still in the early bronze age and had not yet invented the wheel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 04:48 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,418,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer79 View Post
This is not an accurate depiction of historical events. In addition, no serious scholar endorses this viewpoint. Those who do endorse such a viewpoint are in the minority of any academic circle.
History gets distorted and twisted for peoples gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo vidal View Post

And what was the population density of North America before the European came? 0.2 ab per square mile? 0.15? 0.1?

I don't think that either you or that London Indian guy truly understand the meaning of "population density"...
We don't know how many Amerindians lived in North America, are you saying Europeans had a right to steal, rape, burn down Amerindian society?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippian_culture
Stop being ignorant.

Quote:
There were no firearms in the Europe in the XIII century. Chinese had already granades and primitive firearms (mostly modified fireworks) by then.

Maya and Aztect societies were still in the early bronze age and had not yet invented the wheel.
"Not yet invented the wheel" I suppose you think Europeans are superior, right?

Last edited by P London; 09-19-2014 at 05:11 AM..

Old 09-19-2014, 05:59 AM

788 posts, read 1,252,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Quote:
And what was the population density of North America before the European came? 0.2 ab per square mile? 0.15? 0.1?

I don't think that either you or that London Indian guy truly understand the meaning of "population density"...

We don't know how many Amerindians lived in North America, are you saying Europeans had a right to steal, rape, burn down Amerindian society?
No, he is NOT saying that. He is merely saying that there were very few people living per square mile, which is NOT the same as "sure, shoot and kill everyone".

You can either agree or disagree with his statement about the population density, but do not twist his words into something that was not said.

Old 09-19-2014, 06:32 AM

Population density is irrelevant!

Old 09-19-2014, 07:08 AM

121 posts, read 390,637 times
Quote:
History gets distorted and twisted for peoples gain.

Mississippian culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Stop being ignorant.

"Not yet invented the wheel" I suppose you think Europeans are superior, right?
Please show me evidence that Amerindians were not raping, killing and burning each other before the European colonization.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:20 AM

Ok I've come to the conclusion that you are a white supremacist.

Bye bye arturo.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:12 AM

788 posts, read 1,252,089 times
Quote:
Ok I've come to the conclusion that you are a white supremacist.

Bye bye arturo.
Funny, I've come to the conclusion that you continually twist his words. And then claim he said things he never said.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:28 AM

1,424 posts, read 2,498,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
It seems to be a general theme, that most people assume that 50 million non-Euopeans moving to Europe is expected, and anything less, and Europeans are racist, intolerant, scum of the planet types of people. Isn't it hypocritical that it isn't reciprocal?

Does it seem like the 'diversity' and 'open' is always a one-way street? Only Europe should be, but you'd never expect it of anyone else?

Wouldn't it be better if all of Asia threw open their doors, and said 'come on in!' But, almost every Asian country has an extremely rigid rigid rigid "no way in hell" policy.

Want to move 50 million Americans or 50 million Europeans to the Philippines? To South Korea? To Iran? To Afghanistan? To China? To Indonesia? To Turkey? To Saudi Arabia? To Kenya? It's not going to happen. We could make the same arguments, but it'll be great for their economies! And that would probably be true, but it will never happen. It's so incredibly unlikely to happen, that no one even makes a remote remark that is simply even possibly could.

If one were to move 50-100 million Europeans to Asia Country X, wouldn't it have an amazing impact on their overall quality of life, if that's what they are seeking? Wouldn't there be an upheaval in their economic power on a global scale, if that is what they were seeking?

I realize this will NEVER happen, but just what if one Asian country out there, just said, "Come on in, here's your Dual Passport, start a new life here." Not just UAE allowing people to work there, but an immigrant country that really says, 'you are now one of us, just like if we'd moved to Canada or Australia', and here you go.
It's convenient that you leave out the America's, where Europeans have been migrating and wiping out the local people and culture for the last 400 years. All of a sudden Europe became a desirable destination (in the last half century), and there is a lot of whining of how Europeans are the only ones that have to deal with immigration? No mention of all the countries that have to deal with unstable neighbors and end up receiving thousands upon thousands of refugees.

I'm sorry, but this post by the op comes off as ethnocentric, to say the least.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:45 AM

16,260 posts, read 43,321,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
It's convenient that you leave out the America's, where Europeans have been migrating and wiping out the local people and culture for the last 400 years. All of a sudden Europe became a desirable destination (in the last half century), and there is a lot of whining of how Europeans are the only ones that have to deal with immigration? No mention of all the countries that have to deal with unstable neighbors and end up receiving thousands upon thousands of refugees.

I'm sorry, but this post by the op comes off as ethnocentric, to say the least.
Well, actually, as a person who has lived most of his life in Asia...and know a ton of people Europeans/Canadians/Australians/Kiwis/Americans etc. All who've spent much of their adult life in Asia...yeah, I find it sad that they all get kicked out the moment their work visa expires.

The Americas are immigrant nations, so of course I left them out. Pretty much anyone can go to them, and become a citizen there.

There is no hypocrisy anywhere throughout Americas. The hypocrisy is with most of the the other nations, which are predominately in Asia.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:56 AM

9,325 posts, read 22,063,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Yet, you've made no points to refute it. The number one name of baby boys in England is now Muhammad. That should scare the crap out of you, but mention this to the average Brit and they bend over backwards trying to be politically correct, even accusing the person that brings this fact up as "intolerant" or "racist". Your culture is being destroyed due to extreme political correctness and you have no one to blame but yourself.
Its the most popular boys name in the world.. I'm not scared but you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe