Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 12:59 AM

109 posts, read 235,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Just like anywhere else, something less common is usually appreciated. In Southern Europe, blonde, blue-eyed, fair-skinned women especially are greatly admired by men more than a regular brunette with black hair and brown/hazel eyes. Italian men especially are more fond of Northern European-looking blonde women than the local Southern European brunette women. While in Northern European countries such as Britain and Denmark, brunettes are prized.
[/quote]

Britain? dont make me laugh, in scotland brunettes highly dominate, although they are more often blue eyed than dark eyed... wales has just as many brunettes, and some even close to pitch black haired, although with already increasingly brown eyes than scotland. Denmark I'd believe Its a quite blonde country.

Old 01-02-2015, 01:08 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,424,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
True blondes are somewhat uncommon in Southern Europe, but certainly not unheard of to the point that they would be as exotic as the OP seems to be implying they are. Moreover, young children often start out with much lighter features, including blond hair. Blue eyes, on the other hand, are not uncommon at all in Southern Europe. I don't know what the numbers are exactly, but, oh, maybe 25% of Mediterranean Europeans may have blue eyes. That's just a rough guess. Certainly not "almost entirely" dark eyes...
Are you talking about pure blue eyes or just light eyes. For your information light eyes total could run up to 30%, but for true/pure blue eyes only, it is less than 20%.
For example in Spain, the pure blue eye frequency is 16.3%. [/quote]

Old 01-02-2015, 01:49 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,424,938 times
Britain? dont make me laugh, in scotland brunettes highly dominate, although they are more often blue eyed than dark eyed... wales has just as many brunettes, and some even close to pitch black haired, although with already increasingly brown eyes than scotland. Denmark I'd believe Its a quite blonde country.[/quote]

You're the one making me laugh. I am actually laughing at your ignorance or your incomprehension of my statement! Obviously Denmark is a Scandinavian country, we all know that Scandinavians have the highest frequency of blonde-haired people. So no surprise that Danes are quite blonde. In the British Isles, the over-all majority usually combine brown hair, a very pale skin and often blue eyes. Actually the British with Celtic origins are mostly very pale-skinned, tending to have freckles and poor tanning skin, even when they have dark hair. This isn't the case with Southern Europeans who usually tan quite well in the summer. The frequency of blue eyes in Britain is higher than that of brown eyes according to proper studies done very recently as 2014, and not your illusions. Despite the fact that the Scottish have the highest frequency of blue eyes in Britain, in both Wales and Scotland, the commonest eye colour is blue. You seem to exaggerate about the Welsh "darkness' . Now, for your information, there are three regions of England which have lower frequencies of blue-eyed people than Wales. As a whole, the frequency of blonde and light hair, blue eyes, fair and very pale skin in Great Britain and Denmark is higher than in Southern Europe. This doesn't mean that Great Britain and Denmark have exactly the same proportions either. [/quote]

Old 01-02-2015, 03:53 AM

662 posts, read 1,007,629 times
Well..yes exactly blonde are prized (by those Who find familiar mediterranean reagiresti..Because their mother..dad..sister..brother have those features.. The exotic for them Is paleness and or blondness)

While somari es the de eres Is true..some Who have the mother..father ecc.. Blondish and or pale are sexually attractedto dark brown hair ones the not pale ones too
This Is the case of my boyfrend that has the mum and sister pale and in the blondish side..he a very attracted to the typical southern european brunette (me and him are both italian btw)

Ah ..and there are also blonde plaes that are attracted to other blondes/pales Because their mother and or dad and or brother sister are dark brown southern european looking. Like a blonde with a dark haired mum ec... The exhitic for them Is someone like theirself

Old 01-02-2015, 04:46 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,017,825 times
Quote:
Just like anywhere else, something less common is usually appreciated. In Southern Europe, blonde, blue-eyed, fair-skinned women especially are greatly admired by men more than a regular brunette with black hair and brown/hazel eyes. Italian men especially are more fond of Northern European-looking blonde women than the local Southern European brunette women. While in Northern European countries such as Britain and Denmark, brunettes are prized.
[/quote]

What complete and utter bollox!

Old 01-02-2015, 04:49 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,017,825 times
Quote:
Britain? dont make me laugh, in scotland brunettes highly dominate, although they are more often blue eyed than dark eyed... wales has just as many brunettes, and some even close to pitch black haired, although with already increasingly brown eyes than scotland. Denmark I'd believe Its a quite blonde country.
You're the one making me laugh. I am actually laughing at your ignorance or your incomprehension of my statement! Obviously Denmark is a Scandinavian country, we all know that Scandinavians have the highest frequency of blonde-haired people. So no surprise that Danes are quite blonde. In the British Isles, the over-all majority usually combine brown hair, a very pale skin and often blue eyes. Actually the British with Celtic origins are mostly very pale-skinned, tending to have freckles and poor tanning skin, even when they have dark hair. This isn't the case with Southern Europeans who usually tan quite well in the summer. The frequency of blue eyes in Britain is higher than that of brown eyes according to proper studies done very recently as 2014, and not your illusions. Despite the fact that the Scottish have the highest frequency of blue eyes in Britain, in both Wales and Scotland, the commonest eye colour is blue. You seem to exaggerate about the Welsh "darkness' . Now, for your information, there are three regions of England which have lower frequencies of blue-eyed people than Wales. As a whole, the frequency of blonde and light hair, blue eyes, fair and very pale skin in Great Britain and Denmark is higher than in Southern Europe. This doesn't mean that Great Britain and Denmark have exactly the same proportions either. [/quote][/quote]

You now NOTHING about Britain, maybe you should try actually coming here sometime, I think you're in for a shock at just exactly how 'Britons' look - here is a tip for you be prepared for an AWFULLY wide range and mix of 'looks', until you do visit I suggest you stop pretending to know anything about the place, it just makes you look silly.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:43 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,468,842 times
A new year but the same old rubbish that's been discussed ad nausea um here. This is just a rehash of previous threads.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:23 AM

And you are from where?

Not european i guess....

It a in the interesa of northern and central european to discuss about their ethnicity.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:37 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,468,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
And you are from where?

Not european i guess....

It a in the interesa of northern and central european to discuss about their ethnicity.
Originally from Ireland but this has been discussed previously and by some of the same posters on here. One of the posters has a different name but regurgitates the same things as was discussed previously. I'm completely for freedom of discussion but this sort of thing just comes up all the time and people just go around in circles.

Anyway carry on regardless.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:45 AM

Well..and you don t like ti discuss about the features of your people? How they are similar ti british Vs to French?

I like ti discuss about people appearence..also of people from other continent

Like the evoluction of nappy hair typical of people from africa.. And that in other countries located in inter tropics like Indonesia it hasn t appeared yet. Only in negrito people..but they were absorbed by East Asian there.

Also aborigenes don t have it like Africans.. Yes way..but not that nappy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe