Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2015, 05:31 AM

662 posts, read 1,008,798 times

Advertisements

^no it s not uncommon..
My ex BF had the same complexion of gandy, skin type, eyes color, and hair color wise.. Well we aren t as dark as you mean.

Sean Connery type is the commonest where I live
Zeta jhones type is rarer where I live ..you start to find it as you go in Calabria or sicily

Old 01-03-2015, 07:28 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,041,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
What shock? Please due to your intense lack of knowledge and understanding, you will never get it! Has your geography improved any? I have been to Britain (specifically England) and also have been to other Western European countries. I probably speak more European languages than you ever will. Additionally, not all British people just stay and live in Britain as you do. Every single year, there are plenty of people from the British Isles who immigrate to the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand. So it is really funny, when you're saying that I don't know nothing about British people. I do, my own father ancestry is directly from the British Isles and there literally millions of Americans like that. What variety of looks, Britain is nowhere near as diverse as America or any region of the New World.
Are you actually trying to claim that you know Britain (and Europe) better than me because (you say) you've visited, you don't actually know where in Europe I've been do you, so what makes you think I've never left England? Don't you remember I have Spanish and half Spanish family members, don't you remember I married a Croat, don't you remember my girlfriends father is Jamaican, don't you remember how many different nationalities I work with? Here's a list
4 x Polish, 1 x Romanian, 2 x French, 1 x Bulgarian, 1 x Italian, 1 x Ghanaian, 2 x South African 2 x Brazilian 1 x Isralie / Scot, 2 x Scots 1 x German and a Gentleman from Pakistan, this is in a workforce of about 50 and the rest of us 'English born' come in a variety of colours and shades from pale blond to black skinned black hair. Having been married to a Croatian, having Spanish relatives and living in Europe, a short hop from a multitude of European countries do you seriously believe I've never been to any of them? I don't care how many languages you speak but I am sure that having lived in Europe all of my life I know it better than you (Particularly England!) and I am sorry but what you claim just doesn't match the Britain I know.

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-03-2015 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: Formatting

Old 01-03-2015, 07:40 AM

Really ? Are there British (native, not of Caribbean origin) with black skin and black hair?

(Unless they are from far Caribbean or African ancestry, or a mix ??)

Old 01-03-2015, 07:44 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,443,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
Really ? Are there British (native, not of Caribbean origin) with black skin and black hair?

Not black skin, but black hair can be seen. Dark skin, too. Russell Brand is a good example. He's fully English as far as I'm aware.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:49 AM

Quote:

Yes of course there is! Have you seen the British Olympic team!

Old 01-03-2015, 07:56 AM

Really? Native with black skin? Lol.. (Of course of they are people with a recent immigrant background yes..)

Old 01-03-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Not black skin, but black hair can be seen. Dark skin, too. Russell Brand is a good example. He's fully English as far as I'm aware.
Yes..this is a curios case of a native with darker complexion.. In the Southern European range of color.

Old 01-03-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Really? Native with black skin? Lol.. (Of course of they are people with a recent immigrant background yes..)
My kids are Black skinned, they are also native to the UK, are you suggesting they're not English!?

Old 01-03-2015, 08:11 AM

In multicultural society no.
In pre mass immigration yes.

Going of origin they a have at least a person of black skin (you, or your partner; one of you is if recent immigrant back ground; or adopted.. Or say adapted to a different latitude..having lived at that latitude his ancestors for thousands of years)..so it s possible in today multicultural society all the shades are common.

When I say native I say pre globalization.

Of course there are black skinned british today or black skinned Italian too, or Asian like Italian too.

Yes, they are British native of today. (Born there and few or non existent ties to your or your partner, or if he was adopted; distant land of origin) So yes in this acception yes. Where else he should feel ties/and or cultural tied too?

Last edited by julia90; 01-03-2015 at 08:21 AM..

Old 01-03-2015, 08:19 AM

Going by this I would say Italians in my region are (italian native) and, Italian-Han Chinese like (some have the citizenship); I would say too italian-Nigerian like; like my friend (he s particular btw, black native origin but a light brown ..and he s not mixed.
There are also many italian-Albanian and Italian -pre colombian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe