Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 10:24 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,472,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdean73 View Post
Its not that uncommon for older man (specially celebrities) to dye their hair lighter once they get old, of course Its not as common as in women but It's still commoner than you think.

Its better for look at color pictures of young mccartney to see at his real hair color...

http://a2.files.biography.com/image/...k4OTcwNjM1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_85z2jonqy6..._biography.jpg

http://hg2blog.files.wordpress.com/2...he-beatles.jpg

they could easily pass for southern europeans, specially in the last picture
Ha!ha!ha! No, they are just Celtic people not Southern European people.
The Beatles in their young days had medium brown hair combined with their pale complexions as most British people do, not Southern Europeans. I think you are having illusions. British people are pale-skinned to begin with, regardless of hair color. They are definitely not of the average skin colour of Southern Europeans. If a Southern European looks like them, they just have a higher input of Northern genes than their counterparts.

There they are again, so pale. They need a tan, real bad!

http://www.mojo4music.com/media/2013...s-Help-770.jpg

Ringo Starr had light blue eyes, he looks nothing Southern European either!
http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/...CED71A72B47810

You don't know what you are talking about, you're just confused. Just because an individual has brown hair, it doesn't mean that they are Southern European. If you thought so, wake up!

Old 01-08-2015, 12:38 AM

363 posts, read 481,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
Blondism map

Dayym, there are even blond people in the huge norwegian "mountain desert" where nobody lives according to this map

Old 01-08-2015, 01:18 AM

662 posts, read 1,010,427 times
The solo photo of harrisison show him blonde. While in the group he Is brown haired. ???
Which Is his real hair color?

Maccartney.. When old.. If you look a this actual photos looks very british.

While in theese photos he s darker

This group photos has them Who can pass in southern europe i agree. But how Is possibile that maccacrtney changed this much? Going fair er in his old age both of hair and skin?

Old 01-08-2015, 10:13 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,082,242 times
Quote:
1) British kids are not as blonde as scandinavian kids.. not even close.
Total nonsense. Scandinavian children are lighter but not much so than ethnic British kids. I gave a random photo of British kids. That was not selective. My daughter is in it. All of them tend to darken up when older. Two of them clearly will not darken and have not.
Quote:
2) Latitude has nothing to do with pigmentation, ever seen skimos? Pigmentation is a result of historial migrations+ population adaptation + particular mutations.
Look at a map.
Quote:
3) British people are among the least (if not the least) blonde population of all central-northern europe,
Nonsense. The British have the lightest skin for sure and equally as light eyes. The most common hair colour in them all is brown. Where Scandinavians tend to have more blond, the British tend to have more red heads.

I recall being on a holiday in Greece. The hotel was mainly French and German. An English girl had wonderful vivid coppery red hair. It was not unusual to me. Many were all fascinated with her hair, and would point at her from afar, and kept asking questions about her hair. Some wanted to touch it. I thought it was odd that they were doings so. Maybe it was because I had two uncles and many friends who had red hair.

Come to think of it, when I was a teenager. All my friends were taller than me. I am just under 6 foot. I was the darkest with light brown hair that went blondish in the sun - in summer moths I was more fair/blond looking. The others, six of them, were strawberry blond, red, vivid blond and light blond/fair. Al had blue or greenish eyes. At the time it never registered with me as we never put any value on hair or eye colour. I noticed we were a light race when travelling in France on trains.

Last edited by John-UK; 01-08-2015 at 11:26 AM..

Old 01-08-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Not by much. paul mccartney or ryan harrison, would they stand out in italy? Different facial features, yes but much taller and blonder/lighter? not really.
Do you mean George Harrison?

Old 01-08-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Its not that uncommon for older man (specially celebrities) to dye their hair lighter once they get old, of course Its not as common as in women but It's still commoner than you think.

Its better for look at color pictures of young mccartney to see at his real hair color...
No it is not. The Beatles had their hair dyed darker in the old days to give an even dark appearance amongst the four of them - most TVs were black & white then. I live around the corner from Paul McCartney, and I see him in the streets, yes he does walk around and nod to me, and he is has near light brown hair. And he does have the light tinges in the sun. John Lennon was a brownie-red in colour. Ringo had bright blue eyes. Two of the Beatles were hazel with one brown and one blue eyes, which is unusual for guys from Liverpool which is a mix of Celtic, Anglo-Saxon and and a fair influx of Scandinavian - being a massive sea port. None had black hair. All had pale British skin. Three were brown hair and one reddish-brown. Three had some Irish blood in them, Ringo had none at all.

John Lennon when older. Clearly light:
http://i60.tinypic.com/29ojs0k.jpg

Paul McCartney when old. Clearly lightish tinges, If he dyed his hair there would be no grey. Dyed hair tends not to shine lighter in the sun.
http://i62.tinypic.com/23urcjn.jpg

Ringo with vivid blue eyes:
http://i60.tinypic.com/35hijqg.jpg

Ringo showing his light browness. Those who are blondish when children and go darker when older, when the sun or bright lights hit their hair show a distinctive tinge of lightness like fair or blond but mostly a golden tinge. Those who are born brown tend not to have this:
http://i57.tinypic.com/2meo0v6.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-12-2015 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: Copyright issues

Old 01-08-2015, 11:33 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,795,049 times
There are some blond people in Portugal, but not blond in the Scandinavian or British sense. Those typical Nordic light blue eyes are also extremely rare, mostly in the northern part of the country, probably due to invading tribes many centuries ago.

There is a certain "racism" on TV here, so you will see many more blond women than in real life. I guess it is the weak Portuguese self esteem which makes them admire everything from abroad. Even the few blond people in real life have often dyed their hair. It is mostly women, of course.

When you pass by a school yard you will see that basically all Portuguese are dark-haired because at that age nobody dyes their hair, of course.

Quite a number of women dye their hair dark red, no idea why that is. Especially women in their 40x+.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:43 PM

14,823 posts, read 12,073,692 times
Quote:
1) British kids are not as blonde as scandinavian kids.. not even close..in fact nearly a halve if british kids have more of a shade of brown..and Rarely british kids have that super platinum blonde you can see quite often in scandinavian children.

2) Latitude has nothing to do with pigmentation, ever seen skimos? Pigmentation is a result of historial migrations+ population adaptation + particular mutations.

3) British people are among the least (if not the least) blonde population of all central-northern europe, and yes I'm not talking about children but about those who are past puberty age... go to a random scottish or english middle school and you will see how the majority have some plain shade of brown or even dark brown in many cases.... And most of the women are bleached blondes, the tall leggy blondes (natural) that you see in countries of central europe are practically absent in the UK, and No Im not even speaking about scandinavian countries.. but far down in central europe such as Czech,austria, slovakia, etc there is more normal to see 100% natural blondes .that are tall/long legged, lean with fine facial features... but in the Uk that type is quite rare, most women I saw there look as if they had some sort of jewish heritage, and Im not being despective but is something that struck my mind when I have been in the UK is the particular rarity of stereotypical tall natural blonde women... Lot of british people have sort of pigmentation and facial features that are quite odd for other europeans. Maybe they have an older origin than most population in mainland europe/scandinavia.
Great post! Finally somebody with intelligence! Particularly point 2! Try telling some people on here this obvious point! I think Saxonwold thinks, that Britain is some sort of 'Anglo Saxon' world where people are some sort of 'pure breed' because through the centuries 'Anglo Saxons' have only been allowed to copulate with other 'Anglo Saxons', I can't understand how people can't see just what centuries of 'breeding' between different populations has done to European populations, he seriously believes all Britons are pale skinned! I mean come on!

Old 01-08-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Great post! !
on cue! The guy who thinks British look like Spanish. Yep he does

Old 01-08-2015, 07:25 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,472,243 times
Quote:
that 13% and 10% includes auburn hair which is reddish brown, true red hair is not as high as 13% in scotland.
Actually, you are unfortunately wrong again, if we to take the broad definition of not strictly just red hair, but reddish hair according to the Eupedia, the frequency is highest in Ireland (10% to 30%) and Scotland ( 10% to 25%), followed by Wales (10% to 15%), Cornwall, western England, Brittany(France), the Franco-Belgian border, then western Switzerland, Jutland(Denmark), and southwest Norway. The southern and eastern boundaries beyond which red hair occurs only in less than 1% of population, are northern Spain, central Italy, Austria, western Bohemia (Czech Republic), Baltic countries and Finland. Red hair is more visible in populations which carry also other genes involved in pale skin and light hair pigmentation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.