Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 04:42 PM

109 posts, read 235,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
The British are generally a light eyed, light skinned (the lightest) and light haired people (brown down to various shades of blond). In southern England people tend to have darker hair with the French influence on that coast. Scandinavians, who are of the same DNA strain, tend to be more lighter in hair colour and about the same in eye colour, but have darker skin generally. Where the Scandinavians are more blondish as a percentage of the population, the British have more people with red hair. The lightness of hair in Europe, come with latitude. The UK is on the latitude as Scandinavia. The most northern point on mainland Britain is further north than the most northerly point of Denmark. A part of England was in Denmark at one time - Danelaw. Most of the Scandinavia's population lives in the south which is about the same latitude as Scotland.

In Scandinavia and the British Isles the average hair colour is brown.

The same in the British Isles. Look at a class of children in northern England where the children are mainly of ethnic British stock. British children can be very blond and when older turn to light brown. In the winter the brown hair looks darker than what it is. Shine a bright light on the hair and the colour lightens up markedly, which is not he case with those who were dark haired when born. That is the case with me. I was blond then fair then light brown in my very late teens. When I am in the sun for a time my hair lightens considerably. The hair of ethnic Britons lightens when permanently in a sunny climate like California and Australia.

Below a random group of "ethnic" English children complete with pulling funny faces. They are very light in hair an skin colour, not the dark brown some are trying to make out that Britons are. My daughter is on the left with the lollipop in her mouth.
1) British kids are not as blonde as scandinavian kids.. not even close..in fact nearly a halve if british kids have more of a shade of brown..and Rarely british kids have that super platinum blonde you can see quite often in scandinavian children.

2) Latitude has nothing to do with pigmentation, ever seen skimos? Pigmentation is a result of historial migrations+ population adaptation + particular mutations.

3) British people are among the least (if not the least) blonde population of all central-northern europe, and yes I'm not talking about children but about those who are past puberty age... go to a random scottish or english middle school and you will see how the majority have some plain shade of brown or even dark brown in many cases.... And most of the women are bleached blondes, the tall leggy blondes (natural) that you see in countries of central europe are practically absent in the UK, and No Im not even speaking about scandinavian countries.. but far down in central europe such as Czech,austria, slovakia, etc there is more normal to see 100% natural blondes .that are tall/long legged, lean with fine facial features... but in the Uk that type is quite rare, most women I saw there look as if they had some sort of jewish heritage, and Im not being despective but is something that struck my mind when I have been in the UK is the particular rarity of stereotypical tall natural blonde women... Lot of british people have sort of pigmentation and facial features that are quite odd for other europeans. Maybe they have an older origin than most population in mainland europe/scandinavia.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:30 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,426,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
Red hair (Wikipedia dates)

(Italy 0,58%, Switzerland 0,5%–1,5%, Sweden 2,3%, Netherlands 2,5%, Baviera 3%, Scotland 5,4%).
What? Scotland, Ireland and Wales have a much higher ratio of red hair than the rest of European countries. This is because, red-hairedness reaches the maximum frequency in the British Isles. On Wikipedia, it's 13% for Scotland and 10% for Ireland.

But this map is even better!
http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/u...d-1024x542.png

A red-haired, fair-skinned British woman
http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/u...d-1024x542.png

The Dutch love people with red hair and have made a special day for them. "Red hair day" or Roodharigendag, according to the Dutch sources about 2% of the Dutch are red-haired. For the entire Germany also 2% have red hair.
File:Redheadday3.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Old 01-07-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
What? Scotland, Ireland and Wales have a much higher ratio of red hair than the rest of European countries. This is because, red-hairedness reaches the maximum frequency in the British Isles. On Wikipedia, it's 13% for Scotland and 10% for Ireland.

that 13% and 10% includes auburn hair which is reddish brown, true red hair is not as high as 13% in scotland.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:44 PM

662 posts, read 1,007,699 times
..i know..people were desrespecrfull..Also with Cecile kyenge..our ministers.. And those are bad people.

Artic people: are dark because in summer the reflection of ice with the sun has a largo irradiacion

British are however lighter than southern europeans

Old 01-07-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
..i know..people were desrespecrfull..Also with Cecile kyenge..our ministers.. And those are bad people.

Artic people: are dark because in summer the reflection of ice with the sun has a largo irradiacion

British are however lighter than southern europeans

Not by much.paul mccartney or ryan harrison, would they stand out in italy? Different facial features, yes but much taller and blonder/lighter? not really.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:56 PM

Ryan harrison is blond, and typical northern european
Paul maccartney too..

Not our commonest types. But you can find them on minority numbers

Old 01-07-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Ryan harrison is blond, and typical northern european
Paul maccartney too..

Not our commonest types. But you can find them on minority numbers
Ryan harrison and mccartney blond? lmao..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...f/The_Fabs.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-t-4oXyqcrl...es+%281%29.jpg

I wonder whats the explanation of saxonwold about those men lacking the piercy blue eyes and blond hair.. they must be jewish, no

Old 01-07-2015, 06:45 PM

Those are Two olds photos and one in black and white..the actual photo of maccacrtney shows him with fair skin and mousy brown hair with blond reflexes

Old 01-07-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Those are Two olds photos and one in black and white..the actual photo of maccacrtney shows him with fair skin and mousy brown hair with blond reflexes
Its not that uncommon for older man (specially celebrities) to dye their hair lighter once they get old, of course Its not as common as in women but It's still commoner than you think.

Its better for look at color pictures of young mccartney to see at his real hair color...

http://a2.files.biography.com/image/...k4OTcwNjM1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_85z2jonqy6..._biography.jpg

http://hg2blog.files.wordpress.com/2...he-beatles.jpg

they could easily pass for southern europeans, specially in the last picture

Last edited by jamesdean73; 01-07-2015 at 07:39 PM..

Old 01-07-2015, 09:57 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,426,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdean73 View Post
1) British kids are not as blonde as scandinavian kids.. not even close..in fact nearly a halve if british kids have more of a shade of brown..and Rarely british kids have that super platinum blonde you can see quite often in scandinavian children.

2) Latitude has nothing to do with pigmentation, ever seen skimos? Pigmentation is a result of historial migrations+ population adaptation + particular mutations.

3) British people are among the least (if not the least) blonde population of all central-northern europe, and yes I'm not talking about children but about those who are past puberty age... go to a random scottish or english middle school and you will see how the majority have some plain shade of brown or even dark brown in many cases.... And most of the women are bleached blondes, the tall leggy blondes (natural) that you see in countries of central europe are practically absent in the UK, and No Im not even speaking about scandinavian countries.. but far down in central europe such as Czech,austria, slovakia, etc there is more normal to see 100% natural blondes .that are tall/long legged, lean with fine facial features... but in the Uk that type is quite rare, most women I saw there look as if they had some sort of jewish heritage, and Im not being despective but is something that struck my mind when I have been in the UK is the particular rarity of stereotypical tall natural blonde women... Lot of british people have sort of pigmentation and facial features that are quite odd for other europeans. Maybe they have an older origin than most population in mainland europe/scandinavia.

1) For your information, Scandinavians have the highest frequency of blondism among Europeans. So obviously they would have naturally have a higher frequency of blondism than the people of the British Isles. However to correct you, there are plenty of British/Irish kids who are blonde-haired, though as with most people their hair will darken in adulthood, to a more brownish colour.

These children are Irish.
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...y%20Forums&txt

2) Latitude does affect pigmentation, as humans left Africa, going northwards into cooler climates, the frequency of light skin increased, this is for sure. As one moves northwards from Tropical Africa through southwestern Asia to Southern Europe into Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, etc... We can already see how much lighter skin becomes among the indigenous population, though these light-skinned individuals in the majority tan pretty well in the summer. As we go further north, through Central Europe, the frequency of people who can well tan like Southern Europeans decreases. In Northern Europe, the indigenous have the highest frequency of people who cannot tan or tan with difficulty in the summer and are very prone to developing skin cancer. They also have the highest frequency of people who have freckles. Northern Europe mainly the British Isles, Scandinavia, Baltic States have the highest frequency of pale skin among their indigenous populations, and also neighboring regions such as northern Germany, the Netherlands, northern France, etc... In northern Asia, skin is also relatively light too but usually tans much better than of that of Northern and Central Europeans. Eskimos/rather the Inuit people came from northern Asia, before moving up north to the Arctic. They found the alternative, for people who are not so light-skinned but survived in Arctic condition. It's in their diet which is very rich in Vitamin D, while Northern European ancestors' diet was not as rich in Vitamin D. Thus the paler-skinned who could absorb Vitamin D faster survived longer than the darker-skinned, until all Northern Europeans became predominantly pretty light-skinned.

3) Concerning light hair, the British Islanders are overall light, pretty much consistent with countries such as Netherlands, most of Germany, Belgium and the regions of France bordering the English Channel and quite a few individuals may be as blonde as Scandinavians (most similar to Norwegians, Icelanders and Danes). Ireland is not way close as dark as you were putting it either!(The GWAS study on pigmentation of 4 European nations done in 2012, proves it quite well, the Irish came out the lightest). The Czechs, Slovaks, Austrians are not lighter-haired, unless you telling me that they are lighter-haired than Poles, are they? I don't think so. The only difference is that there are much more immigrants in Western Europe than in other parts of Europe. Blonde British and Irish people tend have a lighter skin complexion and show more ruddiness in their hair than those of Central European and Slavic countries. In terms of blue and light eyes, British Islanders have a very high frequency (78%!) higher than Germany and the Netherlands , if we separate them, both the Irish and Scottish are over 80%. They are not so much different from Scandinavians who are between 80-90%. In facial features, they are as a whole similar to the people of the Low Countries, Western Germany, Scandinavia and northern France. Over-all genetically, populations which cluster the closest to the British and Irish, are those of the Netherlands, Denmark and Norway. This is well evidenced by geneticists who created a European genetical map in 2008 by the Erasmus University Medical Center in Rotterdam in the Netherlands led by chief geneticist Manfred Kayser. Please instead of babbling, I would strongly encourage you to have also scientific facts not just your personal conclusions. I am just letting you know, I have the facts and I find your statements hilarious. FYI, the largest Jewish groups in Europe came from the Sherpadims (Southern Europeans Jews) and the Ashkenaz(Eastern European Jews). French geneticists have also found that Hitler despite claiming to be "such a pure Aryan", belonged to the same Y-haplogroup as that of many Ashkenaz Jews (like Einstein).
You were exaggerating, when you quoted that the British are "darker" than other Northern Europeans, the fact is that they are not and are actually similar in pigmentation. The differences are overall slight. Dark-haired people in Northern Europe are not restricted to the British only. You're mistaken.
There are so many British Islanders who are blonde, though I do agree with John UK, that the majority of adults usually combine a fair skin complexion, light or medium brown hair and light or blue eyes.

These Irish people who are blonde-haired, and the last one is a celebrity.

English supermodels;
Charlie Newman

Judy Parfitt
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...y%20Forums&txt=

Jodie Kidd
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...y%20Forums&txt=

Male English supermodel

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...0and%20weights...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe