Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 09:47 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
It a in the interesa of northern and central european to discuss about their ethnicity.
Uhm, no it isn't? At least here nobody gives a damn about hair colour, genetics or similar stuff.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:42 PM

662 posts, read 1,007,699 times
No? You don t feel attracted by a girl of your ethnicity Who has a beautiful hair color you like? (A bueatiful tome of blonde or light brown you like?
Or a specific body type?

Old 01-02-2015, 12:45 PM

I want to ask to northern europeans if David Gandy has a british phontype? Or do you think he has foreign influencea?

He has fair skin, blue eyes, and dark hair
But the thing he males me think of foreign influence Is his face expression/type.. When i saw him in d&g spot light blue i thought he was italian

Old 01-02-2015, 01:01 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Quote:
No? You don t feel attracted by a girl of your ethnicity Who has a beautiful hair color you like? (A bueatiful tome of blonde or light brown you like?
Or a specific body type?
Of course, but it's not a topic for normal coffee table conversation. I have never heard that someone would say "ok, she's pretty but unfortunately blonde" or something like that. The biggest culture shock I had when joining C-D that some people truly are completely obsessed with genetics, looks and hair/eye colour.

Quote:
I want to ask to northern europeans if David Gandy has a british phontype? Or do you think he has foreign influencea?

But the thing he males me think of foreign influence Is his face expression/type.. When i saw him in d&g spot light blue i thought he was italian
He definitely doesn't look what I would figure for a common Englishman. When I think British I think of Michael Caine or similar looking persons.

Old 01-02-2015, 01:13 PM

Of course it isn t a common table conversation too for us. but desp down people observe the others..when you like a person you like also his physical aspect

Old 01-02-2015, 04:11 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,426,173 times
Quote:

I am going to answer you as follows. I am fully of Northern European ancestry (English and Dutch). Not all Northern Europeans have blonde hair as the German soccer player Oliver Kahn or the English soccer player Will Hughes. People like Oliver Kahn and Will Hughes are more common among Scandinavians, but are still lighter-haired than the average Scandinavian. Actually most Northern Europeans, even when blonde, they have dark blonde or light brown hair as adults, so don't have illusions. As far as I know, David Gandy is English and Scottish and there has been no mention of non-British ancestry, so I can't say. He might not look like as what people might think as the "typical British" person like Michael Caine, Tilda Swinton, Sean Harris, Lee Ingleby, Bradley Wiggins, etc... Opinions differ, I wouldn't say that he looks particularly Italian, just because he's not blonde either. Dutch actress Famke Janssen might be of Frisian origin, at least according to her name, but she's not blonde and has dark eyes. Are we also going to say that she looks Italian? I certainly don't think she does, but some might. The NATO secretary general Anders Fogh Rasmussen is Danish and he sure is dark-haired, his hair is darker than David Gandy, are you calling him Italian too?
In other words, what I am saying is this, that brown or dark hair may be found among Northern Europeans too, however light pigmentation is still more common among them than among Southern Europeans.

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-03-2015 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: Formatting

Old 01-02-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You're the one making me laugh. I am actually laughing at your ignorance or your incomprehension of my statement! Obviously Denmark is a Scandinavian country, we all know that Scandinavians have the highest frequency of blonde-haired people. So no surprise that Danes are quite blonde. In the British Isles, the over-all majority usually combine brown hair, a very pale skin and often blue eyes. Actually the British with Celtic origins are mostly very pale-skinned, tending to have freckles and poor tanning skin, even when they have dark hair. This isn't the case with Southern Europeans who usually tan quite well in the summer. The frequency of blue eyes in Britain is higher than that of brown eyes according to proper studies done very recently as 2014, and not your illusions. Despite the fact that the Scottish have the highest frequency of blue eyes in Britain, in both Wales and Scotland, the commonest eye colour is blue. You seem to exaggerate about the Welsh "darkness' . Now, for your information, there are three regions of England which have lower frequencies of blue-eyed people than Wales. As a whole, the frequency of blonde and light hair, blue eyes, fair and very pale skin in Great Britain and Denmark is higher than in Southern Europe. This doesn't mean that Great Britain and Denmark have exactly the same proportions either.
You now NOTHING about Britain, maybe you should try actually coming here sometime, I think you're in for a shock at just exactly how 'Britons' look - here is a tip for you be prepared for an AWFULLY wide range and mix of 'looks', until you do visit I suggest you stop pretending to know anything about the place, it just makes you look silly.[/quote]

What shock? Please due to your intense lack of knowledge and understanding, you will never get it! Has your geography improved any? I have been to Britain (specifically England) and also have been to other Western European countries. I probably speak more European languages than you ever will. Additionally, not all British people just stay and live in Britain as you do. Every single year, there are plenty of people from the British Isles who immigrate to the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand. So it is really funny, when you're saying that I don't know nothing about British people. I do, my own father ancestry is directly from the British Isles and there literally millions of Americans like that. What variety of looks, Britain is nowhere near as diverse as America or any region of the New World.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
I am going to answer you as follows. I am fully of Northern European ancestry (English and Dutch). Not all Northern Europeans have blonde hair as the German soccer player Oliver Kahn or the English soccer player Will Hughes. People like Oliver Kahn and Will Hughes are more common among Scandinavians, but are still lighter-haired than the average Scandinavian. Actually most Northern Europeans, even when blonde, they have dark blonde or light brown hair as adults, so don't have illusions. As far as I know, David Gandy is English and Scottish and there has been no mention of non-British ancestry, so I can't say. He might not look like as what people might think as the "typical British" person like Michael Caine, Tilda Swinton, Sean Harris, Lee Ingleby, Bradley Wiggins, etc... Opinions differ, I wouldn't say that he looks particularly Italian, just because he's not blonde either. Dutch actress Famke Janssen might be of Frisian origin, at least according to her name, but she's not blonde and has dark eyes. Are we also going to say that she looks Italian? I certainly don't think she does, but some might. The NATO secretary general Anders Fogh Rasmussen is Danish and he sure is dark-haired, his hair is darker than David Gandy, are you calling him Italian too?
In other words, what I am saying is this, that brown or dark hair may be found among Northern Europeans too, however light pigmentation is still more common among them than among Southern Europeans.
Yes i know This..but it his face structure that Made me think he Is italian, or south eastern european.

People like the prime minister of england, kate middleton, hugh grant, gareth bale, kate perry, robin willias make me think of britis or central and northern european.

But david Gandy no, as well as george clooney, zetha jhones, sean connery.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:50 PM

(Sean connery looked like my aunt)

I look like cheryl cole when lightly tanned (because i tan too ), or like a darker version of cathe middleton (i would say i have lighter eyes than cheryl cole, and finer hair of spessor than her)

My father look a bit like George clooney, skin tone wise and Also the face structure and hair type

Old 01-03-2015, 01:46 AM

Quote:

Yes i know This..but it his face structure that Made me think he Is italian, or south eastern european.

People like the prime minister of england, kate middleton, hugh grant, gareth bale, kate perry, robin willias make me think of britis or central and northern european.

But david Gandy no, as well as george clooney, zetha jhones, sean connery.
David Gandy, nothing special. His phenotype is still found in Northern Europe and is not a "typical" southeastern European one. David Gandy in term of phenotype is a mix of robust Nordid+Cromagnid+perhaps also North-Atlantid. In terms of facial structures, he displays both Nordid and Cromagnid features, the display of truly fair skin with very dark hair and blue eyes is of the North Atlantid. The North-Atlantid phenotype is commonest in the British Isles, but could be found here and there in France and West Germany. Gandy's eyes are quite blue. If he made you think that he's Italian, it just Italians like him have more Nordid blood than the average Italian who's clearly Mediterranean.

*George Clooney is an American, for your information, most white Americans are a mixture of various European nationalities. In the case of Clooney ancestry comes from Ireland, the U.K., Germany, the Netherlands and France. So you cannot call his phenotype necessarily "British".

Catherine Zeta-Jones is mostly of Welsh ancestry with some Irish and English admixture. Yes, she has both dar hair and dark eyes and she's beautiful. She might be of a "dark" Celtic type, but nothing put out of place in North-West Europe. Don't be misled by all the fake tans and make up to make her look darker than she really is. Zeta natural skin color is light.

Sean Connery is mainly of Scottish ancestry - in terms of phenotype would belong to the Paleo-Atlantid phenotype, which is said to be a Cromagnid type which came from Scandinavia (Norway) to Ireland during the Ice Age, then travelled to Scotland, Wales and resided in that region for a long time, even before the Celts arrival. Now due to migrations, it has now travelled throughout western Europe. There are Paleo-Atlantids found in Germany and France too. The hair and eye coloring are usually dark or dark-mixed and they are usually tall and of a robust build. Nevertheless they are nowhere found in any significant concentration anymore! Outside of Europe, in the U.S., Canada, Australia and New Zealand. In Norway, it is known as the Tydal phenotype, it's at times called "Dark Faelid type". In history, it was called the "Dark Irish".
So Northern Europe is not all 100% blonde. blue-eyed. There are variations, not only in the British Isles, but in Scandinavia there variations, remember Saami people. In northern Russia, Saamis again and Uralid and Finnic people.

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-03-2015 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: Formatting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe