Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2015, 02:22 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,313,722 times

Advertisements

I am an American. I was born and raised in the Midwest near where I now live. America is 48 contiguous states plus Hawaii and Alaska. The American possessions are not states, nor do they function as a state. I've visited Canada and Mexico. I've lived in several states: MI, MN, IL, MO, IN, OK, FL and CA.

The social graces and human behavior in public is directly related to what we learned at home, at school, and our age. Different cultures raised large families much differently than a one child household. Different races may raise their children differently too. I was raised with Victorian grandmothers who insisted I wear white gloves to town, as they did too. I was six years old.

What I know about Europe and Western Europe is through researching my families who came from those places to settle in the colonies in the 1600s. Even our Native Americans came through Russia to Canada and then into the United States. They had been established many, many, centuries when white settlers came.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 02:23 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,534,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Please explain yourself I fail to see how my country of birth is relevant in the current discussion.
Welcome to my world.

Old 09-13-2015, 02:24 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,269,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Please explain it isn't clear what you are indicating.
Well he said he was sticking up for you so I'm wondering what is wrong with being Portuguese?

Old 09-13-2015, 02:25 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,691,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yes sorry If that came across aggressive my love wasn't my intention ( think I had someone else in mind when typing )

Thank you Jenny can't rep you again
No, Not at all, I just wanted to know that I was agreeing with you and adding my own impressions to your post.
Funny AFP is Portuguese , because of my 4 best friends growing up, one was born in America, one in the UK and two in Portugal. One was from mainland Portugal, the other from the Azores. The Former had been living in Angola and basically fled. There are actually a couple of very large Portuguese American communities in the USA. Ma and RI are the biggest. In RI, portuguese is the 3rd most commmonly spoken language. MY friends spent most of their life here and while they still have strong ties to Portugal, they feel both Portuguese AND American.

Last edited by JennyMominRI; 09-13-2015 at 02:34 PM..

Old 09-13-2015, 02:28 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,553,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Well he said he was sticking up for you so I'm wondering what is wrong with being Portuguese?
I was sticking up for him as it seemed you were having ago at him for something that has all to do with the thread

I didn't even know he was Portuguese till you mentioned it

Last edited by Londoncowboy30; 09-13-2015 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: Remove cursing

Old 09-13-2015, 02:29 PM

I'm not going to take you seriously when you curse and type in that manner.

I can't see the people on this particular forum taking your cursing too kindly.

Old 09-13-2015, 02:29 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,657,684 times
Quote:
I didn't realise there was something wrong with being Portuguese.
Oh-for-cryin-out-loud, I can't believe it. Everyone knows there's something wrong with being Portuguese. Have you never been to China?

Old 09-13-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
No, Not at all, I just wanted to know that I was agreeing with you and adding my own impressions to your post.
Funny AFP is Portuguese , because of my 4 best friends growing up, one was born in America, one in the UK and two in Portugal. One was from mainland Portugal, the other from the Azores. The Former had been living in Angola and basically fled. There are actually a couple of veyr large Portuguese American communities in the USA. Ma and RI are the biggest. In RI, portuguese is the 3rd most commmonly spoken language. MY friends spent most of their life here and while they still have strong ties to Portugal, they feel both Portuguese AND American.
Yes a lot of kids from Latin cultures I know that class themselves as both Spanish and English, Colombian and English etc

Again Jenny sorry my love lol

Old 09-13-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I'm not going to take you seriously when you curse and type in that manner.

I can't see the people on this particular forum taking your cursing too kindly.
I've removed cursing from last post for the pleasant reading of others

But it be honest if they can put up with you I'm sure they would suffer me

Old 09-13-2015, 02:41 PM

I'm surprised they can even read your posts to be honest dear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe