Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 10:34 AM

5,408 posts, read 3,605,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryMason614 View Post
This is the main reason the UK will be leaving the EU. People are fed up with the lack of will on the part of governments to maintain integrity of our national borders.
the politicos don't want us to leave but the British people have had enough of the EU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 11:00 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
Nonsense alert...

Seriously stop talking like that, it hurts my eyes.
I told you, don't bother replying to me when you have nothing to say, ignore me.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:18 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,193,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
I told you, don't bother replying to me when you have nothing to say, ignore me.
You talk about things that do not concern you. It's like you're doing it on purpose.
And I have plenty of things to say but I can't, I don't want people to think I'm looking for trouble.

Well now I'm leaving, like that I won't see posts like yours anymore.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:15 AM

861 posts, read 852,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
The bold part. Sometimes I get a bit carried away when my country is in a thread title, sorry, I never meant to be rude or trollish.

No worries, ignoring some of the tabloid inspired posts. With regards to the A8 EU countries which joined in 2004, only Britain, Ireland and Sweden had no 'transitional provisions' restricting the movement of labour from these countries. Even France put in place some restrictions on the movement of labour from these nations initially.

Also with regards to my comments on France breaking the rules on migration, that is sadly true. The best example of this is Sarkosy's expulsion of the Romani, it was illegal as EU citizens have to right to reside in any other EU member state. Sweden currently has a massive issue with Roma, but eventhough I am no fan of Sweden, to their credit they have adhered to the rules and allowed them to stay.

Lastly the Banlieues in France are a massive problem. They overwhelmingly contain immigrant populations and have now become an explosive mix unemployment, poverty and religious fundamentalism. In Britain, once we identified communities which had failed to integrate we took massive action to improve community integration. France by contrast has done little and British politicians have told their French counterparts as much

Finally even newly arrived immigrants to Europe seem to understand correctly that there are better opportunities for them in Britain than elsewhere. This is why we have hundreds of migrants risking their lives to throw themselves on trains and lorries to get to Britain at Calais.

The only problem is that while I am a fan of migration, other countries like France have to do a better job of not only taking in migrants, but also integrating them (Only Britain and Ireland are successful at this in my opinion). Britain's reputation means more and more people actively want to go there, which is causing consternation in some circles.

I have been around continental Europe and I have often got in trouble for my views on this forum. But very few European countries achieve much for migrants except for allowing them to reside there. Offering them residency is one thing, allowing them to actively participate in society is quite another.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
No worries, ignoring some of the tabloid inspired posts. With regards to the A8 EU countries which joined in 2004, only Britain, Ireland and Sweden had no 'transitional provisions' restricting the movement of labour from these countries. Even France put in place some restrictions on the movement of labour from these nations initially.

Also with regards to my comments on France breaking the rules on migration, that is sadly true. The best example of this is Sarkosy's expulsion of the Romani, it was illegal as EU citizens have to right to reside in any other EU member state. Sweden currently has a massive issue with Roma, but eventhough I am no fan of Sweden, to their credit they have adhered to the rules and allowed them to stay.

Sarkozy isn't a good example. He did nothing good to the country, if I could make him leave, I'll do it. This guy is just too damn uptight and conservative and close-minded and just everything that I hate in a person. He destroyed everything he could destroy, it's the only thing he's good at, that and act like a chihuahua.

Lastly the Banlieues in France are a massive problem. They overwhelmingly contain immigrant populations and have now become an explosive mix unemployment, poverty and religious fundamentalism. In Britain, once we identified communities which had failed to integrate we took massive action to improve community integration. France by contrast has done little and British politicians have told their French counterparts as much

It's not that France don't do much for her banlieues you know, it's just not that easy. I live in one of them, a cité, with a good share of Muslims, Romanians and Roma, so I know what life is in there.

Finally even newly arrived immigrants to Europe seem to understand correctly that there are better opportunities for them in Britain than elsewhere. This is why we have hundreds of migrants risking their lives to throw themselves on trains and lorries to get to Britain at Calais.

Maybe instead of saving money to pay a boat, they should save money to pay a plane, like that there wouldn't be as many problems, for them and for France.

The only problem is that while I am a fan of migration, other countries like France have to do a better job of not only taking in migrants, but also integrating them (Only Britain and Ireland are successful at this in my opinion). Britain's reputation means more and more people actively want to go there, which is causing consternation in some circles.

I don't agree with that at all but I won't say anything.

I have been around continental Europe and I have often got in trouble for my views on this forum. But very few European countries achieve much for migrants except for allowing them to reside there. Offering them residency is one thing, allowing them to actively participate in society is quite another.

Okay.
Well, everyone has its opinions, right ?

Old 07-24-2015, 08:57 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,294,969 times
Sarkozy is the son of an hungarian migrant who married a spanish woman and an italian one after that. No wonder he has problems with the French identity !

Old 07-24-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
Sarkozy is the son of an hungarian migrant who married a spanish woman and an italian one after that. No wonder he has problems with the French identity !
Totally. I don't even remember how did he end up our President in the first place
How could so many of us voted for a chihuahua ?

Old 07-24-2015, 11:40 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,880 times
The Nordic should adopt the concept to anything coming from outside the Nordic.

I don't mind Danish, Norwegians or Finnish people coming and going as they please, but the south-eastern european beggars sitting around everywhere could be turned back at the border without the loss of anything positive.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:35 PM

545 posts, read 866,797 times
Quote:
First, a European country can expulse other Schengen nationals if they don't respect some criteria. For example, some French were expelled from Belgium because they lived there years without working and living from the local social benefits. And especially if you are a threat for the national security you can also be expelled.
Second, Romania is not in the Schengen Area.
Third, all countries are expelling Romani.. Don't be naive. Your dear Sweden.

Quote:
In novembre 2014, 700 French were doing the Jihad in Syria. 400 British. While 8% of the French population is muslim against 5% in the UK. Moreover, we had our riots in 2005, yours in 2011. We had Charlie Hebdo this year, you had the 2005 bombing. Quite even no ?
Integration is as messy in both sides of the Channel. We just have more illegal immigration because we're not an island.

Quote:
Hundreds ? There are thousands in Calais.. But.. But..
2013 asylum applications :
Germany : 76k
France : 61k
UK : 22k (fifth in Europe, close to Belgium)
But if you are so proud to see so many people risking their life in Calais because the UK is such a good place with immigrants, be free to take them from the **** hole they are currently living in because of stupid French and British politicians.

Quote:

Source

Old 07-24-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedlaRoche View Post
First, a European country can expulse other Schengen nationals if they don't respect ...
You answered much better than I did, that was great, thanks !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe