Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 10:18 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Anyway, like in the US, college towns are good places to live, Göttingen for instance. Lots of young people (by German standards), thus a certain amount of night life and open-mindedness, better infrastructure, etc.
Anyway, thanks for the report about the 30 biggest German cities you posted another day. Interesting statistics, but actually no big surprises.

Last edited by movingwiththewind; 10-23-2015 at 10:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 09:26 PM

919 posts, read 840,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
I mentioned doctors just as an example, to make a point.
Actually I couldn't stop laughing as I read We were not talking about doctors part

Old 11-01-2015, 01:36 AM

30 posts, read 26,688 times
Question Ultimate German Cities War (Dussoldrof vs Hamburg vs Berlin vs Munich vs Cologne)

Ultimate German Cities War (Dussoldorf vs Hamburg vs Berlin vs Munich vs Cologne).

Hi Guys, I'm from India, I'm looking for set to move Germany but I'm in great confussion in which city should i move. Guys i need your help please give me advice on which city is great and why according to your personal experience.

1) Job opportunities. (Unfortunately, I'm not belong to an IT sector,I just complete my "CMA" course which is stand for "Certifed Management Accountant" or "Cost and Management Accountant" it is professional course ralated to accounting,finance and management sectors.)

2) Good standard of Life, Cost of Living and Salaries.

3) Safty (Safty matters as being an expat)

4) Friendly Peoples Towards Expats.

5) I'm 21 single, it's obvious I'm looking for great hangouts where I can meet new peoples (GIRLS)
and good nightlife scene.

I hope you guys understand my points.
Suppose you are in my place so, give me your Point of View on that and Which city you'll go with.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:21 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
I've told you in the other thread that choosing a city is the least of your problems. Getting into and working legally in Germany should be your main concern. Since you are only an economics person and not an IT freak, there is basically no demand for you as there are thousands of unemployed Germans who are better qualified for your kind of job in Germany.

All those five cities are big cities, including Germany's only four cities with more than a million inhabitants. The quality of life, night life, safety, cost etc. are very similar in all those cities (compared to India, Germany is very homogeneous). Renting is a bit more expensive in Munich, but if you found a job in your field, you would earn enough to live a decent life anywhere. Since you need an economics job, greater Stuttgart and Frankfurt should really be on your list as well. Stuttgart is not well-known abroad, but it is an economic heavyweight within Germany.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
I've told you in the other thread that choosing a city is the least of your problems. Getting into and working legally in Germany should be your main concern. Since you are only an economics person and not an IT freak, there is basically no demand for you as there are thousands of unemployed Germans who are better qualified for your kind of job in Germany.

All those five cities are big cities, including Germany's only four cities with more than a million inhabitants. The quality of life, night life, safety, cost etc. are very similar in all those cities (compared to India, Germany is very homogeneous). Renting is a bit more expensive in Munich, but if you found a job in your field, you would earn enough to live a decent life anywhere. Since you need an economics job, greater Stuttgart and Frankfurt should really be on your list as well. Stuttgart is not well-known abroad, but it is an economic heavyweight within Germany.
Thanx for reply.

Yea i understand why they give me job in their country while they have much tallented german people

But i would like to gamble, maybe i get a job.
I know it's not easy but i'll have try my fortune.
I'm keen to move Germany, i can do anything for living in Germany i guess .

By the way,Where are you from???? and in which city you you used to living in Germany ????

Old 11-01-2015, 07:58 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander The Gr8 View Post
Hi Guys, I'm from India

I'm 21 single, it's obvious I'm looking for great hangouts where I can meet new peoples (GIRLS)
Yeah, that's all we need to know. No chance.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Thanx for reply.

Yea i understand why they give me job in their country while they have much tallented german people

But i would like to gamble, maybe i get a job.
I know it's not easy but i'll have try my fortune.
I'm keen to move Germany, i can do anything for living in Germany i guess .

By the way,Where are you from???? and in which city you you used to living in Germany ????
Now with all those refugees from Syria etc., your chances of getting in and employed are further decreasing.

Why are you so fixed on Germany? There is much more need for educated people in your own country.

I have heard of certain reasons why a lot of Indians like Germany, but I hope that is not the case with you

Old 11-01-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Now with all those refugees from Syria etc., your chances of getting in and employed are further decreasing.

Why are you so fixed on Germany? There is much more need for educated people in your own country.

I have heard of certain reasons why a lot of Indians like Germany, but I hope that is not the case with you
What do you mean by "case with you"

Old 11-01-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yeah, that's all we need to know. No chance.
??????

Old 11-01-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
What do you mean by "case with you"
Well, Germany is popular with many Arabs and Indians because of its Nazi past and Hitler. They have a very screwed up image of Germany...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe