Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 03:36 PM

9 posts, read 8,696 times

Advertisements

Visiting my brother who's going to college in London. I just graduated college and am seriously thinking about staying long term in Europe. I guess i'm trying to start a new life for myself. So where would the best place to move in terms of everything....think about new york and how you could do almost anything there, any european countries that inhabit similar characteristics. I open to any country, any city, that i can do anything i want. I dont have a lot of money so cost is also very important. I would like to find a apartment, not a hostel with other people, that is cheap and doesn't need to be anything nice. Obviously you guys don't know exactly, but I'm looking for a cheap/****ty apartments easily? Also, i only speak english but id definitely try to learn the language of the country i live in. Think about europe and its possibilities. Please give me any information and any personal details.
I'll say Im not 100% sure what i want to do, but i need to start somewhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 03:40 PM

9 posts, read 8,696 times
*****saw this question and it has the same idea

What european city has a relatively high standard of living and a relatively low cost of living, all the while being a fun, safe (relatively), and enjoyable place to live?

Old 01-28-2016, 03:42 PM

218 posts, read 199,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMAHN11 View Post
Visiting my brother who's going to college in London. I just graduated college and am seriously thinking about staying long term in Europe. I guess i'm trying to start a new life for myself. So where would the best place to move in terms of everything....think about new york and how you could do almost anything there, any european countries that inhabit similar characteristics. I open to any country, any city, that i can do anything i want. I dont have a lot of money so cost is also very important. I would like to find a apartment, not a hostel with other people, that is cheap and doesn't need to be anything nice. Obviously you guys don't know exactly, but I'm looking for a cheap/****ty apartments easily? Also, i only speak english but id definitely try to learn the language of the country i live in. Think about europe and its possibilities. Please give me any information and any personal details.
I'll say Im not 100% sure what i want to do, but i need to start somewhere
You should really take an interest in Brussels in Belgium, it has everything London and Paris have : large, diverse, cosmopolitan but it has a big advantage over them : it's clearly cheaper, more affordable in terms of rents and prices.
While French is the main language English is a very important language there because the European expatriates are so numerous there and so many jobs require English-speaking skills.

best regards

Old 01-29-2016, 04:27 AM

426 posts, read 393,981 times
The cheapest European city is Sophia, Bulgaria...by far.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:38 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Moscow today.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:12 AM

319 posts, read 395,099 times
Ukraine has gotten so cheap, Russia as well but nowhere near as Ukraine. West Ukraine is safe and beautiful. One could easily live with 200-250 eur a month (including rent) which is crazy..

Old 01-29-2016, 12:43 PM

218 posts, read 199,333 times
The OP is really unpolite, not even responding.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:28 PM

536 posts, read 639,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodill View Post
Definitely! Good value for what you get too.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:26 PM

360 posts, read 1,087,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodill View Post
According to Numbeo Belgrade, Serbia is cheaper than Sofia. So is Skopje, Macedonia. And within those countries smaller cities are cheaper still, as well as smaller cities in Bulgaria, Romania, etc.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:28 AM

400 posts, read 422,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantexan View Post
According to Numbeo Belgrade, Serbia is cheaper than Sofia. So is Skopje, Macedonia. And within those countries smaller cities are cheaper still, as well as smaller cities in Bulgaria, Romania, etc.
What's the vibe like there? Is is a fun, upbeat kind of place or dour and sad. I'm kind of curious about that part of europe. I like that it's in the southeast quandrant, so that the weather's probably not bad but also not too hot. I've lived in Canada too long to be able to tolerate for long excessively hot weather. I dated a few bulgarians and a romanian girl and liked the culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe