Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 03:42 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,556,787 times

Advertisements

specifically, Milan and Florence. Any problems?

I found just this one article but it's from June
Video: Next stop, a new life: how Milan Station is the starting point for the 'Migrant Express' to northern Europe - Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 04:35 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,932 times
No. There used to be a couple problems last year around Rome's and Milan's stations last summer (May and June) but then it started being handled more effectively with the three hotspots (identification centers) required by Frontex being near completion making transition into Northern European countries easier.

Old 02-27-2016, 05:02 PM

1,600 posts, read 1,890,147 times
I live in Northern Italy and the only noticeable effect is the increase in the presence of Blacks in railway stations and strolling here and there: they generally don't do anything (neither good nor bad, they just stay on their own) and as they don't interact with local Italians, people generally tend to ignore them.
The only interaction I have had was a Black dude from Ghana who spoke English and told me he had never seen so many white people at the same time, a nice dude by the way, I think he is in Germany now.

Old 02-27-2016, 05:15 PM

141 posts, read 147,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
I live in Northern Italy and the only noticeable effect is the increase in the presence of Blacks in railway stations and strolling here and there: they generally don't do anything (neither good nor bad, they just stay on their own) and as they don't interact with local Italians, people generally tend to ignore them.
The only interaction I have had was a Black dude from Ghana who spoke English and told me he had never seen so many white people at the same time, a nice dude by the way, I think he is in Germany now.
Has there been a huge increase in the number of Eritreans and Ethiopians in Italy? I don't get much information out of my country lol.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallol1 View Post
Has there been a huge increase in the number of Eritreans and Ethiopians in Italy? I don't get much information out of my country lol.
There have been, according to official information, an increase in the presence of Eritreans but I can't really say from my viewpoint as I can't really distinguish an Eritrean from an Ethiopian and viceversa.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:25 AM

141 posts, read 147,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
There have been, according to official information, an increase in the presence of Eritreans but I can't really say from my viewpoint as I can't really distinguish an Eritrean from an Ethiopian and viceversa.
Ah I see, and yes I can't really distinguish between the two either.

I am guessing for most of these people, Italy is their last stop?

Old 02-28-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallol1 View Post
Ah I see, and yes I can't really distinguish between the two either.

I am guessing for most of these people, Italy is their last stop?
Only if they can't go North.
Most of them wants to go North towards Sweden and Germany, Italy is not rich enough and they prefer try their luck elsewhere.

Old 02-28-2016, 11:54 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,482,861 times
Italian city to limit 'ethnic eateries' after explosion in kebab shops - Telegraph

Old 02-28-2016, 02:04 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Good to know. There are UNESCO laws/regulations that protect many Italian cities.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:44 PM

7,501 posts, read 6,296,223 times
I have mostly seen an increase in people from western african countries, but since a lot of them speak french, they are the immigrants i've had the most interactions with recently.

The erithrean community here dates back from the 1980s, but their number has risen a bit in the last few years due to the political situation in their country.

Although yeah, I think most people just go through Italy to end up in Germany / UK or elsewhere north of the Alps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe