Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 05:44 PM

14 posts, read 14,820 times

Advertisements

This isn't a racist thread but more of a reaction to those who think everyone from Western Europe should know a Black or Muslim.

Most immigration from Africa and Middle East (including Northern/Muslim South Asia) tends to lead to settlement in large urban cities, hence most Muslims and Blacks are concentrated in cities like Belgium, London or Paris.

Hindu Asians and East Asians tend to spread out more into the towns and villages, but they are far fewer in number compared to Muslims or Blacks.

This means that most Western Europeans will never spend much time around Muslims or Blacks.

Old 03-10-2016, 05:47 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,427,706 times
Europe is white. Nobody should be surprised by this.

Old 03-10-2016, 11:17 PM

30,388 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Europeans often claim to be more multi cultural than the USA but that is just not remotely correct.

Old 03-11-2016, 12:25 AM

977 posts, read 1,012,132 times
I have a question for those of you who HAVE BEEN or LIVE IN Europe how many non whites are really there. Like I've heard stories about people go to London and wouldn't even know it's London because there are so many foreign people. Or like a village in so in so is almost completely Muslim. So I guess I there really MAJOR foreign populations in Europe. A percentage would be cool. Thanks!

Old 03-11-2016, 01:43 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,116,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higherthannormal View Post
This isn't a racist thread but more of a reaction to those who think everyone from Western Europe should know a Black or Muslim.

Most immigration from Africa and Middle East (including Northern/Muslim South Asia) tends to lead to settlement in large urban cities, hence most Muslims and Blacks are concentrated in cities like Belgium, London or Paris.

Hindu Asians and East Asians tend to spread out more into the towns and villages, but they are far fewer in number compared to Muslims or Blacks.

This means that most Western Europeans will never spend much time around Muslims or Blacks.

Utterly nonsense.

At least in West Germany, every place with more than 1,000 inhabitants has several Muslims. And in every place with more than 10,000 inhabitants you will find a few black people.

"Hindu Asians and East Asians" are surely more concentrated in larger cities, and not spread out. Your description is so absurd.

The vast majority of people in Western Germany get in contact to Muslims almost on a daily basis.

And BTW, Belgium is a country, not a city.

Last edited by lukas1973; 03-11-2016 at 02:28 AM..

Old 03-11-2016, 01:49 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,126,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1973 View Post

The vast majority of people in Western Germany get in contact to moslems almost on a daily basis.
True though I would add in my experience that most of the Muslims I come in contact with are pretty secular and quite well integrated.

Old 03-11-2016, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Europeans often claim to be more multi cultural than the USA but that is just not remotely correct.

Comparing my hometown in Germany (pop about 49k) with it's American sister city in Massachusetts (pop about 40k). My hometown is hands-down more multi cultural. The American sister city has more racial diversity (much more black and hispanic people), but they all live the same culture, the American culture. Immigrants in the U.S. get assimilated very fast, they quickly quit their native culture. Not sure why they lost their roots so fast, maybe brainwashed by patriotism indoctrination?

Old 03-11-2016, 02:12 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,296,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Probably because there are vast differences between the parts of europe and that there are many different languages and cultures ?

Old 03-11-2016, 02:18 AM
FBF

601 posts, read 933,273 times
Again, what does white mean?

Middle Easterns would technically be considered white (especially those from the Levant area or certain Iranian regions). Mostly in The Mediterranean sense with skin tone varying to being very light to tan.

And Muslims are not a race! They are followers of a religion!

Old 03-11-2016, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
I have a question for those of you who HAVE BEEN or LIVE IN Europe how many non whites are really there. Like I've heard stories about people go to London and wouldn't even know it's London because there are so many foreign people. Or like a village in so in so is almost completely Muslim. So I guess I there really MAJOR foreign populations in Europe. A percentage would be cool. Thanks!

We don't distinguish people by races. That seems to be a solely American concept. We collect data about the percentage of people with a migration background. 20.3% of the population in German had a immigration background (data for 2014). Frankfurt, Nürnberg, München and Stuttgart are the cities with the highest percentage (40-55%) of people with a immigration background.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe