Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 05:25 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,440,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBF View Post
Again, what does white mean?

Middle Easterns would technically be considered white (especially those from the Levant area or certain Iranian regions). Mostly in The Mediterranean sense with skin tone varying to being very light to tan.

And Muslims are not a race! They are followers of a religion!
White in its strict term means of European descent. However Middle-Easterners and Europeans belong to the greater Caucasid/Caucasoid racial group. The Near-Easterners seem to have more of the Mediterranean component, as well as the Sub-Saharan component in their genome in comparison to Europeans.

For Example:

The Danish group (Northern Europe)
DANISH

The Lebanese group (Levant)

LEBANESE

Lighter pigmentation is more prevalent in Europe as well.

e.g.: Blue eyes are much more common in Europe than in the Levant/North Africa.
Percentages:
Western Europe
Belgium - 28.9%
France - 20.2%
Southern Europe
Spain - 11.75%
North Africa
Algeria - 2.6%
Morocco - 2.1%
Tunisia - 1.2%

We see for example Belgium being 24 times more blue-eyed than Tunisia! It is a big difference which will also be seen probably in genetical distances between both groups.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:02 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,440,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1973 View Post
Comparing my hometown in Germany (pop about 49k) with it's American sister city in Massachusetts (pop about 40k). My hometown is hands-down more multi cultural. The American sister city has more racial diversity (much more black and hispanic people), but they all live the same culture, the American culture. Immigrants in the U.S. get assimilated very fast, they quickly quit their native culture. Not sure why they lost their roots so fast, maybe brainwashed by patriotism indoctrination?
Wrong, not always the case. There are millions of immigrants who don't even speak English, let alone assimilate. They still stick to their own respective culture.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:58 PM

8,867 posts, read 8,452,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Irene is mine! Keep your hands off of her you bloody Finn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
HAH! Tutti frutti no way she will fall over you living with your parents, and we've already drooled over our each other's pictures, so... are you in the Maffia?

Sorry brother, she is mine.
Fighting over her?

Old 03-11-2016, 08:44 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
All I know is that last time I was in Munich, I felt like I was back in Istanbul...

Old 03-11-2016, 10:32 PM
FBF

601 posts, read 933,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
White in its strict term means of European descent. However Middle-Easterners and Europeans belong to the greater Caucasid/Caucasoid racial group. The Near-Easterners seem to have more of the Mediterranean component, as well as the Sub-Saharan component in their genome in comparison to Europeans.

For Example:

The Danish group (Northern Europe)
DANISH

The Lebanese group (Levant)

LEBANESE

Lighter pigmentation is more prevalent in Europe as well.

e.g.: Blue eyes are much more common in Europe than in the Levant/North Africa.
Percentages:
Western Europe
Belgium - 28.9%
France - 20.2%
Southern Europe
Spain - 11.75%
North Africa
Algeria - 2.6%
Morocco - 2.1%
Tunisia - 1.2%

We see for example Belgium being 24 times more blue-eyed than Tunisia! It is a big difference which will also be seen probably in genetical distances between both groups.
Basically, you have to have blue eyes to be really white?

I do not buy that. A good number of Middle easter.s can pass as white, maybe not in the Germanic/Nordic sense, but in the Mediterranean sense like in Southern Europe!

Why is it so hard to change the wording European instead of white?

Old 03-12-2016, 01:20 AM

977 posts, read 1,012,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
All I know is that last time I was in Munich, I felt like I was back in Istanbul...
So isn't that unfair to Germany? I mean they did it to themselves, but I would have liked to visit Munich when it was German. You know I kinda feel like if your non-white the whole world is yours then. I'm not a fan of mixing cultures. I like it when you go to Hong Kong and its full of Asians, Mexicans in Mexico. In a sense it's that cultures nation! But it's like all white nations won't have their culture eventually. They will be like what you said feel like your in Istanbul, or Somalia when really you were really in Germany or Italy! Munich will never be the old Munich again. Where I live sometimes I feel like I'm in little India/Mexico/Samoa even tho I am from this exact same neighboorhod. I just moved away for 8 years! I feel displaced! It's like I don't belong in my own home anymore. A lot of these immigrants don't speak English, or appear to have any intent in becoming "American". They usually keep to their own race. Say even if Spain was sending tons of Spainards to Morocco and displacing the Moroccans I wouldn't be okay with it. I don't think it is okay to displaces a country's own people/culture. I live in the Seattle area but I've traveled a few times (within America) and its like races usually keep to their own anyway so what's the point of all this "diversity"? I feel like when people are from all diffrent races, religions, and languages there isn't a community aspect. It feels very separated to me, so what's the good? I really hope you guys can see my point of view.

Old 03-12-2016, 01:36 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Fighting over her?
If you would see a picture of her, you'll understand why. But I promised her that I won't.

Old 03-12-2016, 01:42 AM

2,825 posts, read 5,266,801 times
Muslims are the believer of a religion, not a race, not even an etnicity...

Belgium is a country, not a city...

Old 03-12-2016, 04:20 AM

426 posts, read 394,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

I wished you were there in 1944 anong the 25 million non-paid gastarbeiters in Germany

Old 03-12-2016, 04:40 AM

426 posts, read 394,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
So isn't that unfair to Germany? I mean they did it to themselves, but I would have liked to visit Munich when it was German. You know I kinda feel like if your non-white the whole world is yours then. I'm not a fan of mixing cultures. I like it when you go to Hong Kong and its full of Asians, Mexicans in Mexico. In a sense it's that cultures nation! But it's like all white nations won't have their culture eventually. They will be like what you said feel like your in Istanbul, or Somalia when really you were really in Germany or Italy! Munich will never be the old Munich again. Where I live sometimes I feel like I'm in little India/Mexico/Samoa even tho I am from this exact same neighboorhod. I just moved away for 8 years! I feel displaced! It's like I don't belong in my own home anymore. A lot of these immigrants don't speak English, or appear to have any intent in becoming "American". They usually keep to their own race. Say even if Spain was sending tons of Spainards to Morocco and displacing the Moroccans I wouldn't be okay with it. I don't think it is okay to displaces a country's own people/culture. I live in the Seattle area but I've traveled a few times (within America) and its like races usually keep to their own anyway so what's the point of all this "diversity"? I feel like when people are from all diffrent races, religions, and languages there isn't a community aspect. It feels very separated to me, so what's the good? I really hope you guys can see my point of view.

Take a look at a mirror and compare yourself with any Duwamish indian. It means that you are "diversity", a corrosive diversity as it comes. The Duwamish want you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe