Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 07:51 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,560,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
You're quite wrong. The Nordic Countries pull already much more weight internationally than their size would warrant (except for maybe Iceland, who liked to play Greece). If united, the Nordics would be the 12th largest economy in the world, and if using 1.5% of the GDP on military, the new Kalmar Union would be the 11th largest military spender globally.

So definitely the union would be a big global player.
Hey Ariete we want Finns in on this too

Finns are great soldiers, they can provide the muscle.

They'll be US of Scandinavia

Also i want a Southern Europe union.

Spain, Italy, Greece..etc. and they can flirt with some Balkan countries.

I would definitely want Serbia and Croatia and maybe Hungary

And HQ of this union will be Regnum Siciliae.

So Sicily will be thriving again

Italy will be the biggest boy in Europe and this will put the screws on Germany and France.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 11:20 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,440,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermuk View Post
Well spoken. Sweden and Finland stick together. The Nordic countries can however form a union with Germany and perhaps Austria.
That would be more like the Nazi dream union

Old 04-09-2016, 11:25 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,440,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
I think if Brexit happens this is gonna happen as well.

All these countries have great relations with the UK.

We can also add Ireland and Iceland to them and there you go!!!

You have a union.

And i think it would be a democratic, proper union not like EU.
That is more like a remainder of an extended version of the North Sea Empire under Cnut of Denmark in the 11th century!

Old 04-09-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
That is more like a remainder of an extended version of the North Sea Empire under Cnut of Denmark in the 11th century!
While they're at it they can take out the Holy Roman Empire as well!!

Old 04-09-2016, 04:06 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,108,511 times
Who will step up when/if Britain leaves, I mean the financial step up, when countries who get more, ( Greece, Italy, Spain, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, Ireland, Scotland..LOL, Portugal, Lithuania, Estonia, Austria) have to then plug the billions Britons wont be paying( me). Or will France and Germany ( which is either a right wing Nazi regime, or a left wing Nazi regime) cough up all of it. Britain will feel pain if we leave, or much more if we stay. Well done Netherlands for keeping Ukraine out of it. Germany can kiss Turkey`s backside. I for one blame Germany for this ( The East of Germany, Merkel, has ruined West Germany, and now ruining Europe). I will still go to Italy on hols and love that country

Old 04-09-2016, 09:28 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,347,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
Who will step up when/if Britain leaves, I mean the financial step up, when countries who get more, ( Greece, Italy, Spain, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, Ireland, Scotland..LOL, Portugal, Lithuania, Estonia, Austria) have to then plug the billions Britons wont be paying( me). Or will France and Germany ( which is either a right wing Nazi regime, or a left wing Nazi regime) cough up all of it. Britain will feel pain if we leave, or much more if we stay. Well done Netherlands for keeping Ukraine out of it. Germany can kiss Turkey`s backside. I for one blame Germany for this ( The East of Germany, Merkel, has ruined West Germany, and now ruining Europe). I will still go to Italy on hols and love that country
Net contribution of the UK is 8.5 billion Euros. That's 314.814.814€ when divided by 27. I know that sounds like a lot, but isn't something that should get the rest of the countries into trouble since their overall budgets are a lot bigger than that.

As for the rest of your post? Can't make much sense out of it.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:01 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,701,281 times
UK is islamistic, I hope we don't change into same. I don't want to do anything with UK.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
UK is islamistic, I hope we don't change into same. I don't want to do anything with UK.
Hey soUlwounD where are you from??

Old 04-10-2016, 03:54 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,108,511 times
My post means that the EU was/is a Franco-German union to prevent another European war, sucking in smaller neighbours such as you-Austria, Luxembourg , Holland, Belgium ect all countries who are identical , to form this block. So France-Germany right the rules, the smaller neighbours get more back to keep them on board, as is happening with Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania,Czech ( who are basically Germans) , Slovakia- none of these countries put much money in, ( and as proved with the German migrant problem) don't want to take any in, yet feel free themselves to move en-masse ie; to Britain. But Germany is always willing to pay up because they are pulling the strings and it helps fuel their economy. This is very clear now, to me, that it is a strange experiment

Old 04-10-2016, 04:17 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,347,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
My post means that the EU was/is a Franco-German union to prevent another European war, sucking in smaller neighbours such as you-Austria, Luxembourg , Holland, Belgium ect all countries who are identical , to form this block.So France-Germany right the rules, the smaller neighbours get more back to keep them on board, as is happening with Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania,Czech ( who are basically Germans) , Slovakia- none of these countries put much money in, ( and as proved with the German migrant problem) don't want to take any in, yet feel free themselves to move en-masse ie; to Britain. But Germany is always willing to pay up because they are pulling the strings and it helps fuel their economy. This is very clear now, to me, that it is a strange experiment
TL;DR: You seem to be bitter that the UK never cared much about their influence on the EU. Also, your economic knowledge and that on other countries and cultures in Europe seems to be rather limited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe