Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 01:43 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,732,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Agreed -- and cut the US in too, please. It's time we Anglos get back together.
No, we don't want the US. Completely different systems.

You need to bring down the wealth gap and violent crime to a certain acceptable level, provide universal healthcare in order to qualify. before that, The US should form a league with Latin America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 05:43 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,347,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
For example
UK: Sharia Courts Abusing Muslim Women

"
  • The report shows how the increasing influence of Sharia law in Britain today is undermining the fundamental principle that there must be equality for all British citizens under a single law of the land.
  • "I feel betrayed by Britain. I came here to get away from this and the situation is worse here than in the country I escaped from." — Muslim woman interviewed for the report.
  • The report concludes by calling on the British government to launch a judge-led inquiry to "determine the extent to which discriminatory Sharia law principles are being applied within the UK."
Simple, it should not be allowed to run sharia law at any shape in UK and other originally non-islamistic countries.

So now true finns are writing news to fox news?

I don't eat people, I let chocolate feeding me, that is the only truth to follow
You realise what kind of news source the gatestone institute is?

Old 04-12-2016, 01:14 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times
Quote:
For example
UK: Sharia Courts Abusing Muslim Women

"
  • The report shows how the increasing influence of Sharia law in Britain today is undermining the fundamental principle that there must be equality for all British citizens under a single law of the land.
  • "I feel betrayed by Britain. I came here to get away from this and the situation is worse here than in the country I escaped from." — Muslim woman interviewed for the report.
  • The report concludes by calling on the British government to launch a judge-led inquiry to "determine the extent to which discriminatory Sharia law principles are being applied within the UK."
Simple, it should not be allowed to run sharia law at any shape in UK and other originally non-islamistic countries.

So now true finns are writing news to fox news?

I don't eat people, I let chocolate feeding me, that is the only truth to follow
I am sorry but this is just crap, there is no sharia law in Britain, there is only British law, if a man hits a woman he is simply breaking the law, whether this fact stops men from hitting women or not doesn't mean its not the law, instead of posting nonsense propaganda I want you to show me something that proves there is 'sharia law' in the UK and not 'English law', something official, some proof, not a 'Fox news article' not a 'Daily Mail' story, actual proof that there is OFFICIALLY any kind of 'Muslim law' operating in this country. You claim islamisation of the UK (which is nonsense) and I want proper proof.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:49 AM

321 posts, read 334,364 times
Great idea imo. Actually, there was economic cooperation between the UK and its fellow Northern European friends in the past (EFTA).

It was a fairly reasonable block with the exception of Portugal, I would throw in Ireland instead. The Anglosphere is not to be undermined though, especially countries like Australia and New Zealand that were shaped by a strong sense of Britishness.

Last edited by Oraculo; 04-12-2016 at 01:58 AM..

Old 04-12-2016, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraculo View Post
Great idea imo. Actually, there was economic cooperation between the UK and its fellow Northern European friends in the past (EFTA).

It was a fairly reasonable block with the exception of Portugal, I would throw in Ireland instead. The Anglosphere is not to be undermined though, especially countries like Australia and New Zealand that were shaped by a strong sense of Britishness.
I fail to see how EFTA would be a more viable solution for Britain other than the fact that it's not called European Union.

Old 04-12-2016, 03:10 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,701,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
You realise what kind of news source the gatestone institute is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I am sorry but this is just crap, there is no sharia law in Britain, there is only British law, if a man hits a woman he is simply breaking the law, whether this fact stops men from hitting women or not doesn't mean its not the law, instead of posting nonsense propaganda I want you to show me something that proves there is 'sharia law' in the UK and not 'English law', something official, some proof, not a 'Fox news article' not a 'Daily Mail' story, actual proof that there is OFFICIALLY any kind of 'Muslim law' operating in this country. You claim islamisation of the UK (which is nonsense) and I want proper proof.

lol dudes. UK let sharia run, why not go to visit?

The Muslim Law Shariah Council UK

Islamic Sharia | A Step Closer to Helping the Islamic Community.

It is just as with Rotherhams child abusing case. Officers let it continue for years before doing anything Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 children exploited, report finds - BBC News

As long as sharia courts exists and people are abused via it, it works, exist and is accepted by officers of UK and valid legally and politically.

It does no matter if UK says if it is formal or not in theory, it runs day after day and ruins tons of female lives. It is legal system running as long as UK don't cut it.

How it is with UK is there 2-faced court too? If circumization happends to be against law in UK are immigrants still allowed to do it part of their religion? Are there law suits and cases of these? If original in UK is chopping the penis piece of is this a crime? And when chopper is immigrant is it still crime? From babys point of view it has put into unequal position just because of religion. Caste which violates its rights of children to be non harmed by anyone.

Around europe, there is lot of stories of several issues when court is judging by caste. People are not equal anymore. People are getting special rights by their religions, that is not how it should be!

How in the earth UK allows these sharia courts? They are real, they exist!

And womens words in daily mail etc. news papers are not enough proves to you that they become abused? Then seek inside your own mind and think why you want to denye the truth?

Does it really have to take as long time as Rotherhams case to admit there is a problem?

How suddenly all news are wrong from tens of sources and all women are lying what they have to stand?

Why these sharia law places are not against law? They are sharing their own law stomping over UK law. They are forcing people under physical and mental abusing, that itself should be against UK laws! UK official says "there is no official sharia law in UK" Guess what? There is as long as tons of people are using it and their reality basic on it. That is the only reality for some people, especially those women who don't speak english.

And you are actually using my poor english skills against me too. Sorry, cannot read UK law and bring law cases in english to show real cases. My english skills are only enough to read news that are translated to my language or daily mail type of news which are using simple language to understand things easier.

If the fact is true, that is true no matter who wrote it. There are buildings in UK which includes people who share their sharia law to real living people, it exist, it is true.

‘In Sharia court women are seen as having half the worth of men’ | London Life | Lifestyle | London Evening Standard

"It is often vulnerable women who have approached the councils. Some have been forced into marriage and some are at risk of dishonour-based violence. Occasionally, the husbands have taken other wives too, or haven’t been seen for years. But the most common thread in the relationships they’re trying to escape is abuse. That can be physical (by in-laws as well as husbands), emotional or financial (a husband taking out a vast loan in his wife’s name, say). Some of these women don’t speak much English; others have disabilities."

"Nammi wants the courts closed entirely. “We are living in the UK,” she says. “We are not living in a country with Sharia law. This should not be tolerated here. Everyone from the Prime Minister to me, Muslim to non-Muslim, should be treated equally. Having any other parallel law doesn’t work — it is discriminating against women.”

UK, what ya gonna do? Close your eyes and wish the problem is gonna go away in denial? Too much effort to shut such places and keep the only valid UK law to everyone? Why UK mistreat muslim women by their caste? Are not muslim women equal with others?

(And I know the original laws are usually just as worthless for women as sharia law but that is another subject)..

Old 04-12-2016, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Well, it's very likely that UK courts do apply Islamic Law on a regular basis. But that's nothing outrageous and happens all around the world. It's the consequence of domestic conflict of law rules that point to the laws applicable to a case with an international element.

Let's say there is a banking contract subject to Saudi Arabian law, the dispute is taking place in front of English courts. Saudi Arabian law is based on Islamic Law, Islamic Law doesn't allow the paying of interest rates. So - under specific circumstances - English courts have to apply Shariah Law. Nothing tragic.

At the same time, the public order doctrine keeps courts from applying cruel provisions you hear from in the media.

Quote:
I assume you haven't actually read through the "about" sections of these webpages?

"The Council receives many enquiries regarding social, family and matrimonial issues and gives Islamic opinion and guidelines on the basis of discussions and consultations made in this respect at its meetings."

No judgments that are recognised by the state.

"The main function of this council is to guide the Muslims in the UK in matters related to religious issues as well as solving their matrimonial problems.
As the Muslims normally conduct their marriages both Islamically (known as Nikah ceremony which is conducted by an Imam at any mosque or Islamic Center), and by registering with the civil authorities, this council deals only with the Islamic Nikah."

Again, no judgments that are recognised by the state. Them dealing with Islamic Nikah is the same as the Tribunal Apostolicum Rotae Romanae dealing with "marriages" of Catholics. It doesn't carry any legal meaning in the UK.

Now, there is a problem with criminal acts connected to these religious opinions. But they are dealt with by local law enforcement.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:37 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times
Quote:
lol dudes. UK let sharia run, why not go to visit?

The Muslim Law Shariah Council UK

Islamic Sharia | A Step Closer to Helping the Islamic Community.

It is just as with Rotherhams child abusing case. Officers let it continue for years before doing anything Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 children exploited, report finds - BBC News

As long as sharia courts exists and people are abused via it, it works, exist and is accepted by officers of UK and valid legally and politically.

It does no matter if UK says if it is formal or not in theory, it runs day after day and ruins tons of female lives. It is legal system running as long as UK don't cut it.

How it is with UK is there 2-faced court too? If circumization happends to be against law in UK are immigrants still allowed to do it part of their religion? Are there law suits and cases of these? If original in UK is chopping the penis piece of is this a crime? And when chopper is immigrant is it still crime? From babys point of view it has put into unequal position just because of religion. Caste which violates its rights of children to be non harmed by anyone.

Around europe, there is lot of stories of several issues when court is judging by caste. People are not equal anymore. People are getting special rights by their religions, that is not how it should be!

How in the earth UK allows these sharia courts? They are real, they exist!

And womens words in daily mail etc. news papers are not enough proves to you that they become abused? Then seek inside your own mind and think why you want to denye the truth?

Does it really have to take as long time as Rotherhams case to admit there is a problem?

How suddenly all news are wrong from tens of sources and all women are lying what they have to stand?

Why these sharia law places are not against law? They are sharing their own law stomping over UK law. They are forcing people under physical and mental abusing, that itself should be against UK laws! UK official says "there is no official sharia law in UK" Guess what? There is as long as tons of people are using it and their reality basic on it. That is the only reality for some people, especially those women who don't speak english.

And you are actually using my poor english skills against me too. Sorry, cannot read UK law and bring law cases in english to show real cases. My english skills are only enough to read news that are translated to my language or daily mail type of news which are using simple language to understand things easier.

If the fact is true, that is true no matter who wrote it. There are buildings in UK which includes people who share their sharia law to real living people, it exist, it is true.

‘In Sharia court women are seen as having half the worth of men’ | London Life | Lifestyle | London Evening Standard

"It is often vulnerable women who have approached the councils. Some have been forced into marriage and some are at risk of dishonour-based violence. Occasionally, the husbands have taken other wives too, or haven’t been seen for years. But the most common thread in the relationships they’re trying to escape is abuse. That can be physical (by in-laws as well as husbands), emotional or financial (a husband taking out a vast loan in his wife’s name, say). Some of these women don’t speak much English; others have disabilities."

"Nammi wants the courts closed entirely. “We are living in the UK,” she says. “We are not living in a country with Sharia law. This should not be tolerated here. Everyone from the Prime Minister to me, Muslim to non-Muslim, should be treated equally. Having any other parallel law doesn’t work — it is discriminating against women.”

UK, what ya gonna do? Close your eyes and wish the problem is gonna go away in denial? Too much effort to shut such places and keep the only valid UK law to everyone? Why UK mistreat muslim women by their caste? Are not muslim women equal with others?

(And I know the original laws are usually just as worthless for women as sharia law but that is another subject)..
Look the UK is a free country, you can live your life anyway you like as long as it is WITHIN ENGLISH LAW, Muslim women are free to do as they please, if they get beaten then the people beating them are breaking the law, the Rotherham child abuse was against the law, the abusers have been jailed, why are you using this as an example? If you can show me something that is against English law that is simply accepted because its 'sharia law' then you have something, the fact that people are breaking the law and getting away with it, whether Muslim or otherwise is a sad fact of life, the fact is the law in England is 'English law' and no matter what your colour, creed or religion if you break it and you get caught you will be punished, show me something that says otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe