Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 05:44 PM

2,205 posts, read 3,332,782 times

Advertisements

Overpopulation is the biggest danger to humankind these days, all territorial conflicts, religious conflicts, conflicts about ressources and the destruction of the environment can be more or less avoided without the extreme population growth in some regions of the world.

With technology and productivity proceeding, we do not need a high fertility rate to maintain a good economical output. It is rather a distribution problem - robots can produce by far more in a better quality than humans, but all the profit goes to the owner of the robot, not to a huge group of workers. Back in the days, most of the population was necessary to produce food by working on the field. Not anymore.

For sure there are new priotities to be made, such as better care for an ageing society, or more flexible work models to include more people for a longer lifetime into work (parents, etc.). For sure, to compete with other countries that are indeed growing, a higher fertility rate would be good. But overall, I think the world should adopt measures to reduce the explosion of the population. More ressources for everyone is something to be achieved instead of dividing the same ressources among more and more people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 08:38 AM

28 posts, read 17,238 times
Europe needs to return to Christianity, and get rid of this secular thing.
Return to traditional families, and not promoting LBGT as normal or special.

For economy, it needs to be that only men work which can be enough for a small family. When both parents work there is less sex and time for children.

Give incentives to have larger families. Less promotion of materialism and what many call "freedom" (its not really freedom).

And overpopulation isnt a problem in Europe. We can easily have 2-3 kids each and things will be fine.
The key is to get above fertility replacement rate so we dont die out.

The world produces enough food for at least 10-12 billion people, and a large amount of that is wasted or thrown away. Especially in our Western world, we do that. A large problem is distribution of this food to other parts of the world.

The "think tanks" and interest groups saying overpopulation is a danger are the same group who were pushing eugenics before them. The same group who push for abortions on demand. Funded by ultra rich individuals and corporations.

The only places that will have massive explosion of children will be Africa and South Asia.
Places like Nigeria, India, and Bangladesh.

White people can afford it and should do it.

Old 06-06-2017, 02:38 PM

412 posts, read 301,990 times
Thinking of this make me sad :-/

Old 06-07-2017, 01:39 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,020,583 times
It's bed in Eastern Europe, I read somewhere Ukraine and Bulgaria are the worst. We need more refugees to solve it quickly.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:50 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,290,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Most young people are unemployed because they don't want to work or they feel above the available jobs. Take government and parental assistance out of the equation and they'll find work.
a lot of people here have a graduate level and get offered jobs for 600 euros a month if they get paid at all...

maybe asking more than 600 euros is a bit too much but...

Old 06-07-2017, 04:18 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleMerchant View Post
Way to ruin my planned Portugal trip!
Forgive me Potential Tourist, but I have to get up at the crack of dawn to have coffee in a quiet cafe and then get my shopping or errands done before ten.......so I can flee before the tourists make my town an unbearable ant hill.

But the bucks are good for local pockets.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:07 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,191,857 times
i'd love to have sex with a robot.

i only came here to say that. bye. *wave*

Old 06-08-2017, 10:55 AM

779 posts, read 596,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaïraJ View Post
i'd love to have sex with a robot.

i only came here to say that. bye. *wave*
Would a Furby do?

Old 06-08-2017, 10:59 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,191,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleMerchant View Post
Would a Furby do?
not quite what i had in mind but it'll do the trick. i've always loved Furbys (this one appeal too particularly to me, i think it's calling my name...)

(i'm sorry i don't have anything to give you in exchange, would a kiss do ?)

Old 06-08-2017, 11:31 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,050,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Where...Not South America, not in Europe and not in North America....You must be talking about Asia
The US. There are jobs EVERYWHERE from hamburger turners to mechanics to barbers to tech to medical services. Anybody who isn't working the US right now doesn't want to. Granted some parts of the country are in better shape than others, but sometimes life dictates a relocation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe