Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:17 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
29 pounds in 1.5 years? I could do that if I quit trying to free willy.
All ya need is a good diet and good training routine/work ethic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 08:09 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,677,303 times
you are better off trying to make what you have sexy than try to become a bigger person. its just more sustainable in the long term and also easier to not gain too much weight and develop an ugly belly.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:19 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,480,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
All ya need is a good diet and good training routine/work ethic.
I just gained 12 pounds in a little over a month. Overhead press went from 80 to 200.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:15 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,423,099 times
When training like an animal which is pretty often for me sometimes I'll have 4 shakes a day. Packs on the muscle like no-ones business.......I stand by that it works better than other kinds of food/protein sources.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you are better off trying to make what you have sexy than try to become a bigger person. its just more sustainable in the long term and also easier to not gain too much weight and develop an ugly belly.
I can shed weight like an autumn tree shaking off leaves, I'm not worried about that.

I'm going to eat until I hit 300 on the machine overhead press, then I'll have a look at my stomach.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:53 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,677,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
I can shed weight like an autumn tree shaking off leaves, I'm not worried about that.

I'm going to eat until I hit 300 on the machine overhead press, then I'll have a look at my stomach.
you are obsessed with that machine overhead press. there is more to life than lifting a huge amount of weight on a machine overhead press.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
When training like an animal which is pretty often for me sometimes I'll have 4 shakes a day. Packs on the muscle like no-ones business.......I stand by that it works better than other kinds of food/protein sources.
Didn't strokes for different folks I guess, I prefer to get my protein from other sources. I can't imagine having 4 shakes a day, that would tear through my wallet in no time, but I think my 2 per day have done me well with my bodyfat below 10%.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Didn't strokes for different folks I guess, I prefer to get my protein from other sources. I can't imagine having 4 shakes a day, that would tear through my wallet in no time, but I think my 2 per day have done me well with my bodyfat below 10%.
I can't imagine a cheaper source of protein than protein powder. Milk is also cheaper than alternatives like orange juice.

For that matter, eggs are also cheap.

Bodybuilders often consume huge amounts of eggs, milk, and protein powder. I don't know of a cheaper way to get similar results.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:49 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,118,057 times
Bulking then cutting, if done properly can give you desired results. The problem with bulking up is it almost ALWAYS leads to pigging out on junk food. You'll bulk up but only a small amount will be actual muscle, the rest will be fat. When you cut, you're basically going on a crash diet to lose excess fat. Studies show this can increase the risk of heart disease because of the constant weight fluctuations.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Bulking then cutting, if done properly can give you desired results. The problem with bulking up is it almost ALWAYS leads to pigging out on junk food. You'll bulk up but only a small amount will be actual muscle, the rest will be fat. When you cut, you're basically going on a crash diet to lose excess fat. Studies show this can increase the risk of heart disease because of the constant weight fluctuations.
Hmmm I wouldn't tend to agree with this, not me anyway, I've been bulking up for a fair while and alot of my gains have been muscle, very little fat on me.

You can bulk up easy without hitting the junk food, in the end you just have to choose carefully what you eat and adjust to it (which is the hardest part). Only the weak pig out on junk food. Although having a bit now and then doesn't hurt at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness