Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 02:10 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,973,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Ask your doctor about it.

What a pointless post, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 02:31 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,329 times
OP, please ignore the childish replies. I understand your problem. In my youth, I lifted heavy so obviously I was bigger guy, now that I am in my 40s that extra size does not translate well. To keep the area hard, I lift at a cardio pace and run. For chest, I grab a light weight and rep it out.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:56 PM

458 posts, read 645,083 times
Wear a Man-bra
Also known as a tank top

Old 09-06-2013, 04:22 PM

389 posts, read 1,219,300 times
You might want to consider looking into this possibility. Sometimes surgery is the solution to this problem.

Gynecomastia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-06-2013, 10:59 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
And caligirlz, i haven't quite figured out how to post pics on here from my phone. But i will tell you, my chest looks like a cut man who has pecs. The only difference is, my pecs may look like they belong on a ripped guy, but they're kinda flabby. When i lift everyday, they definitely are firm, but if i don't the flab returns, and they bounce a little bit when i run. That's the best way i know to describe it.
No problem, I was joking with you. It looks like you have recieved a lot of good advice. Keep us updated on your progress, and what works. Good luck

Old 09-06-2013, 11:05 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,489,233 times
It's probably gynecomastia.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:37 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,399,139 times
Yes as the former poster said... gynecomastia (the so-called male breast) is a disorder much more prevalent than you might think (and say): almost half of men have a male breast overdeveloped and is forced to hide it. The male breast is indeed a source of great embarrassment in intimate relationships and interpersonal skills and often a cause of deep insecurity, at any age.
What causes gynecomastia? For the most it comes from hormonal dysfunction who do develop an abnormal and excessive male glandular tissue, usually atrophic. So it is a disorder determined by the malfunctioning of the mammaria gland.What kind of link there with being overweight? On contrary to popular belief, the true gynecomastia, has no connection with overweight or obesity, because excess fat is usually a generalized problem. Gynecomastia is instead a localized disturbance in its own .. may be accentuated by a situation of overweight, but it persists even in the case of slimming. Indeed, in these cases of gynecomastia and overweight together, would render a slimming male breasts, just as happens to the female breast after pregnancy, further worsening the aesthetic problem.
What is gynecomastia surgery?'s The only intervention that allows men who suffer from gynecomastia, to smooth the chest, modeling and finally restoring a manly natural appearance.
I hope your health care system may cover the cost of surgery, good luck

Old 09-07-2013, 12:59 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,946 times
Quote:
Hey i need some fitness advice.

I'm a pretty young guy, early 30s who's works out and in decent shape. The problem that i have is that when i was a teenager and early 20s, i used to work my chest a lot. Bench presses and butterflies were apart of my regular routine and NO, I've never taken steroids. But now, although my core area still looks pretty lean and muscular, it seems like unless i workout every other day, what used to be muscle in my pecs is a little flabby and it seems gives off appearance of a little bit of man boobs going on. I saw myself jogging in the mirror one day and i saw a little bit of bouncing action that had me quite perplexed. I've tried everything from: not working out my chest, doing more cardio, abs etc, and nothing seems to be working right for me.

Like i said, i work out, so i have a nice tone and physique. My waist line is about 35-36, so i'm far from fat. But if i take some time off (like maybe more than a week), the flab comes. My chest looks like it has tone, but reality, this is a case of looks can be deceiving.

Can someone suggest something for me? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
It sounds like gynecomastia (sp). Not many men realize this but all men have some breast tissue. Men actually can get breast cancer and it's usually more aggressive when they do.

Talk to your doctor about your options. Plastic surgeons can deal with it but things like that aren't cheap.

From a gym perspective, stay thin and do more upper chest (inclines) and it should help. Stay away from decline press and things that work the lower chest.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:32 AM

54 posts, read 86,170 times
Quote:
Hey i need some fitness advice.

I'm a pretty young guy, early 30s who's works out and in decent shape. The problem that i have is that when i was a teenager and early 20s, i used to work my chest a lot. Bench presses and butterflies were apart of my regular routine and NO, I've never taken steroids. But now, although my core area still looks pretty lean and muscular, it seems like unless i workout every other day, what used to be muscle in my pecs is a little flabby and it seems gives off appearance of a little bit of man boobs going on. I saw myself jogging in the mirror one day and i saw a little bit of bouncing action that had me quite perplexed. I've tried everything from: not working out my chest, doing more cardio, abs etc, and nothing seems to be working right for me.

Like i said, i work out, so i have a nice tone and physique. My waist line is about 35-36, so i'm far from fat. But if i take some time off (like maybe more than a week), the flab comes. My chest looks like it has tone, but reality, this is a case of looks can be deceiving.

Can someone suggest something for me? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
whats your cup size? lol
but seriously i have a decent sized chest and i bounces as well. focusing on upper pecs should help out

Old 09-07-2013, 05:50 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
It's probably gynecomastia.

which can lead to male tittiophobia....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness