Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 05:23 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,143,215 times

Advertisements

I don't want to be "that guy", but if you have bat wings at your weight/ height, may be you can get your body fat percentage measured. It might be on the higher side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 06:00 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,189,526 times
I won't be able to tell you anything without some pictures.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:05 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Hopefully in the past 2 years the OP has figured out a solution for her "hot bod." LOL

Old 02-28-2017, 06:17 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Hopefully in the past 2 years the OP has figured out a solution for her "hot bod." LOL
Lol. Right? Dead thread & witty "need a pic" comments.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:19 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana07 View Post
I don't want to be "that guy", but if you have bat wings at your weight/ height, may be you can get your body fat percentage measured. It might be on the higher side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
I won't be able to tell you anything without some pictures.
This thread is from 2015 I would venture to guess the issue has been resolved and you will not be getting any photos.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:15 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
?

Thin people can have batwings, dude. If the muscle isn't suitably exercised, what little fat she has that's in the tricep area will hang. Women tend to store fat there and in their hips/legs/middle areas so it is very possible that her body fat percentage is acceptable but it all comes down to where the fat falls.

Again, if a person doesn't want to have batwings, they're going to have to build up their triceps, and for that matter their arms in general.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:19 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
She is 44 and said she is STARTING to get bat wings. It is a normal part of aging if you are not a super athlete.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:31 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,820,647 times
Quote:
Nope, women get them at any weight as they age, not unless they are genetic freaks or work out for a living.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:33 AM

375 posts, read 297,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
I have been told that I am genetically blessed with a great body. I am 5"8 115 (that is with the added muscle lately) and general lankiness with curves in proper places.
I have no butt though. At 44 My arms are starting to get "bat wings"- ugh.
What can I do? I won't do squats because my mom had to get that mesh put in that you see lawsuits for.
I want to get in shape as quickly as possible, can go to gym about 5 times a week.
Right now I do:
  • Modern stair climber at level 5 for 26 minutes and cool down.
  • Leg extension machine sitting and on tummy (3 sets of 10)
  • Leg squats on a sitting machine 35 pounds plus calves and butt work (two sets until it burns.)
  • Bench press machine 40 pounds three reps but I do it above bar, equal to bar and below bar.
  • Sometimes the rowing thing
  • Triceps a lot but they never hurt afterwards. Not sure I am doing them right.
  • I do some contraption that works obliques and arms.
  • I eat garbanzo beans and hot sauce every night before bed (now) for protein. Skip breakfast because I am still full. Don't eat much during the day. Eat more at night...pretty nutritious.
I want:
  • The stomach area flat again (had a baby) even though it looks flat it isn't when I am naked and sitting.
  • I want rounded shoulders, biceps, triceps and calves (which is a lost cause because I am too skinny for calves) but I'll try.
  • Quads
  • Hamstrings
Help! Any suggestions to make the process quicker and more efficient with my time. I have no idea how to use the dumb bells either. I have definite tone and no cellulite so that is good.
If your bod is so hot how 'bout a pic? Why don't you have one on your profile page? Most hot women I know who go so far as to mention it on an internet forum (?) are not hesitant to flaunt it, or at least offer a modest pic. BTW....115 is awful skinny for 5-8. My wife is that height and weighs 20 lbs more and has a killer bod. Are you sure you have curves? LOL

Old 03-02-2017, 11:40 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX Star View Post
If your bod is so hot how 'bout a pic? Why don't you have one on your profile page? Most hot women I know who go so far as to mention it on an internet forum (?) are not hesitant to flaunt it, or at least offer a modest pic. BTW....115 is awful skinny for 5-8. My wife is that height and weighs 20 lbs more and has a killer bod. Are you sure you have curves? LOL
Be kind, this why most don't post pics! ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness