Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2018, 08:27 AM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Ditto. Even worse are the gym's employees, aka "trainers" (meant to be in quotes as many of them are as much of a trainer as I am an astronaut) who do this. At my last gym - Powerhouse - there was a male "trainer" who would actually lay HIS crap on the bench next to the one where he was training and would give you the worst attitude if you politely asked him if he was actually using the bench. "Sigh....nah man", followed by a pouty, slow-motion move of his stuff to another unmanned station.
This is why I have an olympic set in my garage. I still use my gym at work but take my gear with me because our locker room is a place to get nasty rashes and other nasty things. It's not really dirty just doesn't really ever completely dry out. For whatever reason they won't us proper cleaning procedures. I was bringing in a squirt bottle with half clorox and they would keep throwing it away.

I'm like, dude, see the mold in the shower?

For some reason people think the chairs in the locker room are where you stow your gear. Whatever, I just move it to the floor. We have lockers, benches, hooks and what not but the chairs will have gym bags on them every day, for the entire day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 08:45 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
The dancing bear. Yes, we all have them. The folks who are either so oblivious to the world around them or actually think it looks cool to dance.....yes, dance.....with their headphones on between sets. At my previous gym, we had a younger millennial male who would dance before, DURING, and after each set with one eye on himself in the mirror and another looking around to see who is noticing him and his coolness. Had another older black male who would literally dance on the treadmill. It was such a production that a local news station came by and ran a story on him. I feel like his purpose for the gym was actually not to workout, but to draw attention to himself.

A while back we had a younger guy who would shadow box between sets. He really go into it. When he wasn't shadow boxing, he was flexing in front of the mirrors.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:13 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
A while back we had a younger guy who would shadow box between sets. He really go into it. When he wasn't shadow boxing, he was flexing in front of the mirrors.
I've seen "that guy" too. It's like the gym triggers something in them that turns their Alpha Male on and they feel the need to establish their dominance of an area, like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant. "Look at me and how tough I am, I will punch you!"

Old 07-16-2018, 10:05 AM

2,873 posts, read 2,061,531 times
I'll bet he posts all kinds of pictures of himself on social media. I wonder if he owns a selfie stick...a narcissistic stick for his phone? lol

Old 07-17-2018, 08:48 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,432,923 times
The guy I see always on his phone , always, and always with the big headphones on. Walking around constantly on the phone. Why go to the gym at all??!

Also, the rare gay guy in the locker room that looks at you a little too long in the locker room.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:53 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,041,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
The guy I see always on his phone , always, and always with the big headphones on. Walking around constantly on the phone. Why go to the gym at all??!

Also, the rare gay guy in the locker room that looks at you a little too long in the locker room.
RE: "big headphones" - In your own world, better sound than cold plastic buds. I agree about being on phone constantly - hang it up and work out some!

Old 07-18-2018, 06:42 AM

Quote:

Whaaat? On your other thread re: cellphones I thought you said you are a senior citizen??? I doubt many gay dudes are checking you out.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:14 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,432,923 times
Quote:
Whaaat? On your other thread re: cellphones I thought you said you are a senior citizen??? I doubt many gay dudes are checking you out.

LOL! I am no senior citizen, those idiots on the thread said that because I don't like cell phones in the gym when I work out. In fact, I connect well with the ladies, and my gym has some beautiful women that go there regularly!

Old 07-18-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:

LOL! I am no senior citizen, those idiots on the thread said that because I don't like cell phones in the gym when I work out. In fact, I connect well with the ladies, and my gym has some beautiful women that go there regularly!
lol, okay!

The only thing about cellphones that annoys me at the gym is when people leave them on benches and go workout somewhere else. Otherwise, I could care less if your head is buried in your phone or not.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:37 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
Does that mean there are no gay senior citizens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness