Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 08:34 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,439,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Don't we all just love the gym? I mean there are so many great things about that place right? Especially this right here.

Don't you just love it when some guy finishes his glorious leg workout and leaves all the plates on the machine? Or maybe the bench press or some other piece of equipment. I tell you it is just so inviting. There is a thing called not Re-rackingcking your weights and then there is this. I call this "Not Re-racking Your Weights on Steroids" The only excuse I can find acceptable for this is a family emergency, other than that no way. This guy deserves a lifetime achievement award for his contribution to the best gym behavior. Ok fellow forum members it is your turn share some stories about great gym moments. I want your feedback ladies and gentlemen.
Do you even lift, bro?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 09:04 AM

973 posts, read 915,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Don't we all just love the gym? I mean there are so many great things about that place right? Especially this right here.

Don't you just love it when some guy finishes his glorious leg workout and leaves all the plates on the machine? Or maybe the bench press or some other piece of equipment. I tell you it is just so inviting. There is a thing called not Re-rackingcking your weights and then there is this. I call this "Not Re-racking Your Weights on Steroids" The only excuse I can find acceptable for this is a family emergency, other than that no way. This guy deserves a lifetime achievement award for his contribution to the best gym behavior. Ok fellow forum members it is your turn share some stories about great gym moments. I want your feedback ladies and gentlemen.
What about the guy who literally takes all the 45's in the gym and uses them on his little leg press leaving no one else with a plate. And since he's a power lifter he does maybe 3 to 6 reps and takes 10 to 15 minute breaks and 4 trips to the water fountain in between each set and no one has the balls to confront him about hoarding all the plates because they don't want to die.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:47 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,594,808 times
Yeah, I go to the local ghetto gym in Brooklyn (which I love, don't get me wrong) and it's figgin' hilarious how practically nobody bothers putting the weights away when they're done using them. I mean you don't have to strip the bench press down to the bare bar...leaving the 45's on is fine IMO but I got to the squat rack yesterday and some douche left 365 loaded on the bar, lol. And the dumbbell rack is always a mess.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:59 AM

1,855 posts, read 2,919,159 times
I hate it when this one guy at the gym always runs up to spot me when I'm deadlifting.

I'm like, ok Lance, I get it, you're really concerned about my safety...

Old 05-13-2016, 12:19 PM

5,520 posts, read 7,114,276 times
Every time I do cardio there's always that pig who insists on cutting the cheese for all to breathe in...

Old 05-13-2016, 12:41 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
Somehow fitting (don't mind the thumbnail):

Loved it!

Re-racking the weights... I can't even escape that sh*t at home, because the Mr. doesn't do it either. It's like he thinks it's a gym or something

Old 05-13-2016, 02:40 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,487,964 times
My "problem" is with those who spend time texting on their phones and as a result take an unreasonable amount of time to complete an exercise. There is absolutely no reason why someone should be on the leg extension for 15 minutes.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:24 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,701 times
The guy that uses two different machines simultaneously during prime time.

Unlike 90% of the people at the gym that zone out and stare at the wall, or some butt, between sets, I like to bring something to read between sets. This is just incomprehensible to some guys and they have to ask me if I am done with the machine when I am sitting on it reading between sets.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:39 AM

1,855 posts, read 2,919,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
The guy that uses two different machines simultaneously during prime time.

Unlike 90% of the people at the gym that zone out and stare at the wall, or some butt, between sets, I like to bring something to read between sets. This is just incomprehensible to some guys and they have to ask me if I am done with the machine when I am sitting on it reading between sets.
If you can read between sets, you're not working out hard enough.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:51 AM

607 posts, read 1,393,976 times
Working out right in front of the paper towel/spray bottle station. You have this whole gym, but this is where you decide to workout??

Putting weights back out of order. Encountered this yesterday, when I went to put a barbell back on the rack. Somebody put a 50 lb below the 30 lb. I had the 40 lb. So of course I had to move the 50 lb down one notch so I could put the 40 lb in the correct spot. Somebody obviously can't count in order.

The college kids working behind the desk who are more concerned with flirting with the males/females or yapping with their friends who just happen to stop in and visit every flippin time i'm there, than actually helping customers. Get off my lawn!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness