Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2023, 11:40 AM

9,118 posts, read 6,170,326 times

Advertisements

Cut the shake and mini-size the waffle fries. Although I understand the desire to super-size the fries. They are very good. Just cut down on the portion size and eat slowly. The fries last longer that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2023, 11:53 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,496,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Working out does not help with getting rid of bad foods. I don't know why people keep thinking that running an extra mile or lifting more weights is going to take care of drinking alcohol or bad foods such as empty carbs and high sodium content.

It will come down to how well is your digestive system such as your microbiome, liver health, digestive tract, and metabolism to help digest bad foods.

Your Abs isn't tight because the liver stores excess toxins and fat there, so wouldn't matter if your have rock solid ab muscle will be blocked by visceral fat. The less junk food you eat, the better your body can get rid of junk and reduce overall body fat composition.
He doesn't see his abs because he eats too many calories. You can be fat and eat no junk whatsoever, calories in and calories out. No need to demonize 1 food.

Old 09-18-2023, 12:57 PM

350 posts, read 196,168 times
NO not at all. Your health (AND BODY) is determined by food not exercise. SOME of your bone health is helped by weights.

Dr. Esselstyn (see: Bill Clinton) KNEW a patient went off his low fat no oil very strict diet from his labwork. After the guy DENYING IT FOR AN HOUR he admitted "Well, I did add 2 T olive oil per day because olive oil is healthy".

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A HEALTHY OIL.

And TO BE HONEST...google animal products, cancer and IGF1 if you're so inclined.

Ever see "skinny fat" people? They love that food, too.

Old 09-18-2023, 12:59 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,585,979 times
One cheat-meal a week, you are way ahead of the pack.

Old 09-18-2023, 01:04 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,117,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
One cheat-meal a week, you are way ahead of the pack.
Agree^^^. Probably at least half the population (or even more) eat like that (or similar) every single day.

I would not sweat one "cheat meal" per week.

Old 09-18-2023, 01:13 PM

19,020 posts, read 14,196,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxrivers View Post
NO not at all. Your health (AND BODY) is determined by food not exercise. SOME of your bone health is helped by weights.

Dr. Esselstyn (see: Bill Clinton) KNEW a patient went off his low fat no oil very strict diet from his labwork. After the guy DENYING IT FOR AN HOUR he admitted "Well, I did add 2 T olive oil per day because olive oil is healthy".

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A HEALTHY OIL.

And TO BE HONEST...google animal products, cancer and IGF1 if you're so inclined.

Ever see "skinny fat" people? They love that food, too.
FAT IS HEALTHY

The latest science suggests healthy fats (saturated and unsaturated fats from whole food, animal, and plant sources) should comprise anywhere from 50 to 85 percent of your overall energy intake.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001...33760760481486
https://www.nationalreview.com/2014/...m-mona-charen/
Now, the Annals of Internal Medicine declares that beef, butter, and cream do not cause heart disease.
Nina Teicholz, writing in the Wall Street Journal, notes that “there has never been solid evidence for the idea that these fats cause disease. We only believe this to be the case because nutrition policy has been derailed over the past half-century by a mixture of personal ambition, bad science, politics, and bias.”
https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...-you-after-all
[R]esearchers wrote in JAMA Internal Medicine, that the sugar industry paid scientists in the 1960s to downplay links between sugar and heart disease, and instead play up the emerging science about saturated fat as a more likely contributor to heart disease problems than sugar.
Carb-Loaded, a film
. . . You can be trim and fit, but slowly dying from carbs . . .
https://youtu.be/lBb5TFxj1S0
>> Americans are victims of a public policy and propaganda campaign that resulted in a change in diet, a rise in sickness and disease, and an increased burden. <<
FAT is not the bad guy. Never was.
CARBS (refined) are the problem.
. . .
There are no “essential” carbohydrates.

Pemmican (80% fat, 20% protein) was a staple of American Indians for uncounted years.
Ketosis in the Bush
38 Days Of Pemmican – Ketosis In The Winter Bush

Old 09-18-2023, 01:19 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,122,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
Deluxe Spicy Chicken Sandwich
Large Waffle Fries
Cookies and Cream shake

I've been doing this for the past 4-5 weeks. I workout 5 days per week. 1 week I go Legs 3x, 1 Pull, and 1 Push. The next week I go Legs 2x, 2 Pull, and 1 Push.

Is eating this once a week perfectly healthy/fine? I'm very fit and muscular. The only thing is my abs aren't as lean/shredded as I would like.
Ummm... last time I checked, this was still America and you can do what you want. If you want to eat Chik-Fil-A once a week then go ahead. If you are healthy, then you are fine

You do not need validation from other people to eat what you want.

This one meal per week is not going to make or break you.

Old 09-18-2023, 02:19 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,047,081 times
Hell, I do a whole cheat weekend. I basically kill myself during the week to burn more calories than I consume though. Yeah, I always had an issue finding my happy medium when it comes to dieting and cardio. My life story…..smh

Old 09-19-2023, 08:34 AM

17,573 posts, read 15,243,114 times
I figure, if this is what you like.. Go for it.

I keep CFA as a 'healthy' fast food option for myself. So.. *I* wouldn't use it like you do.. I keep it there in case, you know what, i have to eat out.. I can get fairly healthy options there.. And I don't want to 'taint' the place by getting unhealthy things.

My go to at CFA is generally the garden salad or the cool wrap with a fruit cup.

Don't get me wrong. That spicy chicken sandwich is.. Really, really good.. lol.

Old 09-19-2023, 09:56 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,022,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
Deluxe Spicy Chicken Sandwich
Large Waffle Fries
Cookies and Cream shake

Is eating this once a week perfectly healthy/fine? I'm very fit and muscular. The only thing is my abs aren't as lean/shredded as I would like.
1) It's not "Perfectly healthy", but you can indulge (on occasion)
2) Remember the 'sugar bowl' analogy... (USA people have overfilled 'sugar bowl' bodies, the more you add, the more that sticks)

Consider what do you REALLY like about your CFA splurge?

How can you get the pleasure and reduce the overload. (Suggestions were mentioned above)\
Your body / digestive system will be MUCH happier without the splurge (massive refied carbs (immediate Sugar) All at once). Probably be much happier with (3) smaller volume trips to CFA combined with 'boring salads'. ONE (small) treat / trip

for me, I'm getting older
1) Toss the CFA bun + sweetened sauces... and chop up the fillet for adding to my boring salad.
2) Small shake once / month - mid-day, not evening
3) No fries (ever)

but... am NO longer
Quote:
I'm very fit and muscular.
You're fortunate, so keep ahead of the game...

(I love Ice Cream and frequently make my own (every week. I'm very weak at avoiding Ice Cream)).
Trying to stay at HS weight, 50 yrs later. Usually successful, but now having to work at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness