Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 10:10 AM

7,129 posts, read 12,672,910 times

Advertisements

For me, your named meal is a boatload of fat (the bad kind), processed carbs, salt, sugar and additives.

Me, I wouldn't want to subject my body to that kind of fat/sugar/salt bomb--plus all the additives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2023, 10:37 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
You can try and see what happens. The scale is the ultimate source of truth. None of us can tell you for sure. Though, if you would like to lose fat so you can see more abs, I'd cut the shake and fries, and stick to just the sandwich as a cheat.

I don't know about that, you can lose fat and gain muscle mass while the scale gives you the exact same number. The way your clothes fit can sometimes give you a truer picture.

Old 09-19-2023, 10:38 AM

350 posts, read 196,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
Ummm... last time I checked, this was still America and you can do what you want. If you want to eat Chik-Fil-A once a week then go ahead. If you are healthy, then you are fine

You do not need validation from other people to eat what you want.

This one meal per week is not going to make or break you.
You're funny. Since every thread can be answered with "last time I checked, this was still America and you can do what you want", that would put City Data Forums into the dustpile of formerly active websites.

Also "you don't need validation". Bruh.

Old 09-19-2023, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
FAT IS HEALTHY

The latest science suggests healthy fats (saturated and unsaturated fats from whole food, animal, and plant sources) should comprise anywhere from 50 to 85 percent of your overall energy intake.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001...33760760481486
https://www.nationalreview.com/2014/...m-mona-charen/
Now, the Annals of Internal Medicine declares that beef, butter, and cream do not cause heart disease.
Nina Teicholz, writing in the Wall Street Journal, notes that “there has never been solid evidence for the idea that these fats cause disease. We only believe this to be the case because nutrition policy has been derailed over the past half-century by a mixture of personal ambition, bad science, politics, and bias.”
https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...-you-after-all
[R]esearchers wrote in JAMA Internal Medicine, that the sugar industry paid scientists in the 1960s to downplay links between sugar and heart disease, and instead play up the emerging science about saturated fat as a more likely contributor to heart disease problems than sugar.
Carb-Loaded, a film
. . . You can be trim and fit, but slowly dying from carbs . . .
https://youtu.be/lBb5TFxj1S0
>> Americans are victims of a public policy and propaganda campaign that resulted in a change in diet, a rise in sickness and disease, and an increased burden. <<
FAT is not the bad guy. Never was.
CARBS (refined) are the problem.
. . .
There are no “essential” carbohydrates.

Pemmican (80% fat, 20% protein) was a staple of American Indians for uncounted years.
Ketosis in the Bush
38 Days Of Pemmican – Ketosis In The Winter Bush

That's a lot of typing but not so much reading.

I said OIL.

OIL is not a healthy fat. And you can deny the cancer links that are undenyable cuz I'm used to every discussion about food being taken over but the High Fat Animal Product Loving Contingent.

I'm a Nutritarian and quite familiar with healthy fats TYVM. That would be nuts, seeds, avocado.

Last edited by jaxrivers; 09-19-2023 at 10:50 AM..

Old 09-19-2023, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
You can try and see what happens. The scale is the ultimate source of truth. None of us can tell you for sure. Though, if you would like to lose fat so you can see more abs, I'd cut the shake and fries, and stick to just the sandwich as a cheat.

Fit and slim - but we still got 'fat people diseases':

Old 09-19-2023, 12:40 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
I just never understood the passion for Chick fil A. I've had it a few times in the mall, but wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.

Aside from that off topic observation, I doubt that one "cheat" meal a week will do you any harm.

Old 09-19-2023, 01:21 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,503,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxrivers View Post
Just because strokes and heart attacks happen more commonly in fat people doesn't mean skinny people can't die of them. Eventually something takes us all out.

Old 09-19-2023, 01:38 PM

17,316 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I just never understood the passion for Chick fil A. I've had it a few times in the mall, but wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.

I only eat there on Sunday!

CFA is ok, no way would I go out of my way to eat there. If you get it "to go" its always wet when you get it home, soggy fries/bun etc. Some people go crazy for it.........not me and usually long drive through lines convince me I don't want to eat there!

Old 09-19-2023, 01:41 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
I think if you stick to the 90% rule, you are pretty much eating a good overall diet.

21 meals a week, 90% is about 19 high-quality meals in that week.

2 or 3 cheat-meals a week, in a diet where you are otherwise eating really healthy,
is probably well worth it to most.

Now about those cheat-days, ouch, that opens-up the floodgates for many who do that.

Old 09-19-2023, 03:04 PM

7,135 posts, read 4,540,768 times
I lost 50lbs and one day a week I ate out and ate what I wanted. 3 years later I have kept the weight off. I see nothing wrong with what you are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness