Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2023, 05:45 PM

652 posts, read 520,833 times

Advertisements

Deluxe Spicy Chicken Sandwich
Large Waffle Fries
Cookies and Cream shake

I've been doing this for the past 4-5 weeks. I workout 5 days per week. 1 week I go Legs 3x, 1 Pull, and 1 Push. The next week I go Legs 2x, 2 Pull, and 1 Push.

Is eating this once a week perfectly healthy/fine? I'm very fit and muscular. The only thing is my abs aren't as lean/shredded as I would like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2023, 07:18 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,478,550 times
I'd skip the shake and drink water, but otherwise, sure why not.

Old 09-17-2023, 07:23 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,614 posts, read 17,948,343 times
If otherwise, all week long, you eat healthy reasonable portions, I can't imagine this will harm you.

Old 09-17-2023, 07:56 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,496,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
Large Waffle Fries
Cookies and Cream shake

I've been doing this for the past 4-5 weeks. I workout 5 days per week. 1 week I go Legs 3x, 1 Pull, and 1 Push. The next week I go Legs 2x, 2 Pull, and 1 Push.

Is eating this once a week perfectly healthy/fine? I'm very fit and muscular. The only thing is my abs aren't as lean/shredded as I would like.
You can try and see what happens. The scale is the ultimate source of truth. None of us can tell you for sure. Though, if you would like to lose fat so you can see more abs, I'd cut the shake and fries, and stick to just the sandwich as a cheat.

Old 09-17-2023, 09:45 PM

652 posts, read 520,833 times
Ok, I will just eat this once for this week and once next week. And then I will go back to eating my boring salads.

Old 09-18-2023, 03:45 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,505,207 times
Yes if that's all. A reward is due for diligence. It looks like in total it's less than 2,000 calories.

Old 09-18-2023, 08:09 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,496,434 times
Quote:
Ok, I will just eat this once for this week and once next week. And then I will go back to eating my boring salads.
If you don't like your diet, change it. No reason to eat salads on a diet if you don't like salad.

Me personally, I love salad with steak for dinner. But if I didn't, I'd eat something else.

You can try wraps. Buy low calorie wraps, use low calorie dressings. Grill some chicken breast, use your favorite veggies, tomatoes, some cheese. And this will be filling, probably taste good, and low calorie/high protein option.

Old 09-18-2023, 09:38 AM

3,195 posts, read 1,662,548 times
Quote:
Large Waffle Fries
Cookies and Cream shake

Working out does not help with getting rid of bad foods. I don't know why people keep thinking that running an extra mile or lifting more weights is going to take care of drinking alcohol or bad foods such as empty carbs and high sodium content.

It will come down to how well is your digestive system such as your microbiome, liver health, digestive tract, and metabolism to help digest bad foods.

Your Abs isn't tight because the liver stores excess toxins and fat there, so wouldn't matter if your have rock solid ab muscle will be blocked by visceral fat. The less junk food you eat, the better your body can get rid of junk and reduce overall body fat composition.

Last edited by MKTwet; 09-18-2023 at 09:56 AM..

Old 09-18-2023, 09:50 AM

29,740 posts, read 34,372,211 times
For a lot of people, a "cheat meal" is a scheduled binge, which isn't necessarily a healthy way to look at food. If you enjoy Chik-Fil-A, it might be more sustainable to you if you took it off the pedestal of "bad" food that you have to gorge on once a week, and integrate it into your diet more. Get a chicken sandwich and eat a big salad with it. Get a side of fries to eat with your salmon and veggies. You don't have to punish yourself for eating food you enjoy, nor do you have to earn it with a harder workout. All foods can fit in a healthy diet and allowing yourself the permission to eat them in moderation means that you're not obsessing about what you can't have (and maybe eating less of it in the long run, anyway.)

Old 09-18-2023, 10:03 AM

17,298 posts, read 22,023,110 times
Quote:
Large Waffle Fries
Cookies and Cream shake

Why go all in? Skip the fries/shake and don't sweat about it. I eat about 3 or 4 of the spicey chicken sandwiches a year. They are good but I couldn't eat one a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness