Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 05:58 PM

1,624 posts, read 1,706,945 times

Advertisements

Bad food is bad food. Why work so hard and then put so much junk in your body at one time? Your body chemistry, blood sugar levels etc will freak out. Cheat days make no sense to me, especially if you eat that much crap one day a week. IMO, it's much better to eat what you want, when you want it, in moderation. Eat healthy and smart, live long and prosper, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2023, 06:02 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,818,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
Deluxe Spicy Chicken Sandwich
Large Waffle Fries
Cookies and Cream shake

Is eating this once a week perfectly healthy/fine? I'm very fit and muscular. The only thing is my abs aren't as lean/shredded as I would like.
Leave the bread on the plate. Enough carbs in the potato things. You might go to CostCo and get a $4.99 chicken. Shred it over a bed of real lettuces of your choice. Squeeze lemon juice on instead of all those horrible for you salad dressings.

Old 09-19-2023, 08:16 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,493,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Leave the bread on the plate. Enough carbs in the potato things. You might go to CostCo and get a $4.99 chicken. Shred it over a bed of real lettuces of your choice. Squeeze lemon juice on instead of all those horrible for you salad dressings.
I think the guy wants a cheat day lol. What you recommended is healthier but every now and then, you should cheat if done in moderation and keeps you on your diet.

Old 09-19-2023, 09:00 PM

652 posts, read 520,519 times
Ok thanks for the replies. I'm 41 btw. I decided to stop with the cheat meals.

Old 09-19-2023, 10:23 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,694 posts, read 58,004,579 times
Quote:
May you live a long (healthy) life. (Oh to be 41 again ) or 21

(I have no shortage of bad decisions to chalk up for my life. - it's now payback time, and it physically hurts )

Old 09-21-2023, 08:57 AM

19,017 posts, read 14,191,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxrivers View Post
That's a lot of typing but not so much reading.

I said OIL.

OIL is not a healthy fat. And you can deny the cancer links that are undenyable cuz I'm used to every discussion about food being taken over but the High Fat Animal Product Loving Contingent.

I'm a Nutritarian and quite familiar with healthy fats TYVM. That would be nuts, seeds, avocado.
Thank you for the kind words of support. You failed to present evidence to support your assertions, other than your opinion, so you apparently capitulated.
. . . .
OIL - Any of numerous mineral,vegetable, or synthetic substances or animal or vegetable fats that are generally slippery, combustible, viscous, liquid or liquefiable at room temperatures, soluble in various organic solvents such as ether but not in water, and used in a great variety of products, especially lubricants and fuels.
. . . .
https://www.cancer.org.au/iheard/can...s-cause-cancer
The World Cancer Research Fund reviewed the latest scientific evidence on fats, oils and cancer risk, it concluded that there was no evidence that eating vegetable and seed oils in moderation increased the risk of cancer.
. . . .

Old 09-22-2023, 10:23 AM

4,991 posts, read 5,283,788 times
Do you shop at Costco? They have a 'Just Bare' brand of chicken chunk and filets that some people think tastes like ChikFilA's. They even had a spicy filet one last time I shopped. I use the chicken chunks as an easy meal to make at home and then serve it with some veggies. I've cut out most bread so I don't eat chicken sandwiches anyway. If I don't have fries, I don't eat them.

I'm not big on ice cream shakes so I don't get them. I have a husband who insists on ice cream so sometimes I get the nutty bars or ice cream popsicles for him for at home because it is a limited portion. I'll eat .5-1 cup of ice cream if I have the urge, but it is limited. I personally like the fruit bar popsicles and they tend to be lower calorie like 60-120 calories each.

Old 09-22-2023, 06:16 PM

1,392 posts, read 1,399,233 times
Quote:
I think you have made a wise decision.

I was an emt and first responder when I was a pup. So, I have always known what role a good diet would play in our health and longevity. I am an old guy guy now, but my daily run is a 5k and I don’t take any meds. I am a cancer survivor and I did have a several years where I didn’t necessarily eat bad but I was not very good to my body.

What I have discovered over the years, if you start letting bad habits creep into to your regular schedule, they tend to grow exponentially. One bad meals turn into two , then the weekend is added.

I had an episode happen where I had an allergic reaction to some meds in my cancer treatment, my doctor said I was the the only person he ever saw survive the incident. I had run a 5k on Friday before starting the new meds on Saturday. He started running after that.

Take care of yourself and it pays dividends down the road. I think you will look back and appreciate giving up the bad meal.

Old 09-22-2023, 08:46 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,655,549 times
It's interesting that you make a point of mentioning your exercise, but don't mention your usual diet.

Old 09-22-2023, 09:21 PM

25,558 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Quote:
Ok, I will just eat this once for this week and once next week. And then I will go back to eating my boring salads.
One of the successful body builders lived on steak and eggs 5 days a week - sometimes two meals a day and sometimes three, but that's all he would eat. Then on the weekends he would relax a bit and eat something else.

Salads?.... Not for me. I don't like them, don't think they are necessary and never eat them. I mean, really, without dousing them in flavored oils, they taste like nothing. Maybe they're boring because your body just doesn't need them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness