Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:53 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,973,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpc1027 View Post
Having a workout partner is my motivation. It's hard to skip a workout when someone is counting on you to work out with them.
I for the most part can't stand having a workout partner. Maybe its because most of my friends are lazy and like talking. The other few are either way stronger than me so its a hassle to switch weights or they like doing different weights and machines. I don't mind trying new things but there a few things I can't stand doing such as the hamstring machine where you lay on your belly and the bar is on your chins. I'd rather just do some basic deadlifts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 08:17 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I for the most part can't stand having a workout partner.
I don't like it either. I find it distracting to have someone else there. When I'm working out, I want to be able to focus on what I'm doing.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:38 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
I prefer to workout alone, but if I had to have a partner, they better be more gung-ho about it than I am. It would suck big time to workout with someone who would rather talk, people watch or not push themselves.

Now, having a group of people pushing and motivating you is another thing altogether which is yet another reason why I love Crossfit. Having folks push you to do that last 8-9 pullups, overhead squats or kettlebell swings when the clock is ticking IS motivating.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:43 AM

28 posts, read 394,353 times
Nothing and I am getting bigger all the time! I am really getting depressed about my body. I had some steroid shots in my shoulder a couple of months ago. Could this cause me to gain weight? I know I eat little snacks through the day and am never really satisfied. I have a pool in my backyard and intend on using it for water arobics and swimming as soon as it warm enough. Maybe that will help.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:08 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,922,445 times
motivation== trying to bring sexy back

Old 04-28-2010, 05:05 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
One thing that motivates me is looking at movies of people who are physically active and also watching "Rocky" movies and taking note of Sly's physical progression between movies.

Rocky 1-2 (average-above average)
Rocky 3 (Athletic)...

Old 04-28-2010, 06:10 PM

2,004 posts, read 3,417,337 times
I am 66 years old, 6 ft. tall, and I have gone from 246 lbs. down to 231 lbs. in 4 weeks by eating less and better and by getting on the walking machine for 20 minutes every evening. Only 41 lbs. to go.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:03 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
I am normal weight and always try to exercise every week, 2 hrs. There are different things that motivate me, even simple things, like just by looking at a person that's obese can motivate me because I do not want to be like them. I know what happens when people become lazy and gain weight, they are unable to lose that weight because they gain too much. If I do not feel like exercising on a particular day all I do is go to yahoo or google images and look at pictures of people that are obese and I am automatically motivated.
1. The mirror
2. Good looking men who keep themselves in shape

Old 04-28-2010, 10:38 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
I am normal weight and always try to exercise every week, 2 hrs. There are different things that motivate me, even simple things, like just by looking at a person that's obese can motivate me because I do not want to be like them. I know what happens when people become lazy and gain weight, they are unable to lose that weight because they gain too much. If I do not feel like exercising on a particular day all I do is go to yahoo or google images and look at pictures of people that are obese and I am automatically motivated.
I want to be healthy, and I want to live a long life. More than anything I want to ski free when I'm a senior (Probably won't do it by the time I'm old.)

Old 04-29-2010, 05:57 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,821 times
What motivates me to exercise:

1. Staying healthy (heart disease runs in my family by age 50. So, I'm trying my best to prevent it. So far, so good!).

2. Keeping my weight down (it helps to speed up my metabolism some).

3. Looking better in clothes (I do, truly, believe that clothes look and feel better on a body that works out).

4. For the summer season (I workout more often and longer when it's warmer).

5. Keeps me mentally stable (It's great for the mind and spirit).

6. And it's great meditation (to be with one and a Higher Power for the day).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness