Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 06:48 PM

1,923 posts, read 4,716,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I just buy it at discount at Fred Mayer. Yesterday I bought 35 gallons at a thirty cent discount each (from the month of February). For March I am already at twenty cent discount, so it will probably grow to 0.50 by the end of the month.

Yes, those grocery store discounts are great! I have not managed to spend enough money to earn my discount though. Oh, well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 08:06 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
When you give the wealthy $800 billion in tax cuts they're supposed to use that money to create jobs and not use it to drive up the price of black goo.

I want to be trickled down upon.
Everyone deserves a tax cut, including the wealthy. But in reality there wasn't any tax cut, but the continuing of the existing tax brackets for a couple more years. Now, a tax break would have been nicer

Old 03-10-2011, 08:09 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
^ Hmmmm... this sounds like a possible solution to my problem of "I want a full-size pickup but don't want to have to pay for all that gas"! Ha, no not really, but still, if I could get a discount like that, I might have much less of a problem eating the cost of that gasoline. I had a Z71 Silverado three years ago before I downsized to save on gas, and boy do I miss that truck! It was my rolling living room; so incredibly comfortable! And these new F-150's, holy cow. Those things are like super-luxury vehicles with a pickup truck body on them. ::drool::
You can also do something else to save gasoline after buying the F-150: just have a fuel-efficient compact automobile to drive around, or just to drive to work and back, and drive the F-150 when needed. Once the price of fuel comes down, then you can drive any gas guzzler a little more.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:17 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,521,443 times
I paid $3.63 last night for regular down in South Florida. Diesel is at 3.85 or more...

IMHO, oil should continue to fall unless another oil producing country goes crazy. Still it takes a couple of months for pump prices to fall after a barrel of oil does.

As they say prices go up like a rocket and down like a feather...

Old 03-11-2011, 03:46 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,877,714 times
Default Excuse me Stiff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
And the profits from that went straight back to SunYoungMoon and his fellow noodle eaters in Korea. Way to go!! USA!! You've done your part to combat world hunger. Go ahead, pat yourself on the back a couple of times.!!!
Really??... hmmm... guess where my subaru was assembled... in Indiana... and a "green" plant by the way. Where do you think the parts come from on the "american brand" built vehicles then?? Do a little bit of homework... Subaru of America Company Environmental Policy Toyota Camry one of the most popular is assembled in Kentucky. Many "American" workers get a paycheck putting together these vehicles.

I work with auto claims and we do try to "recycle"... use salvage parts for repair but "after market" parts (restamped orignal parts from original molds) can come from many other countries... something to think on before you "assume"... you know what assume means don't you Stiffnecked....

Old 03-11-2011, 07:13 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
Really??... hmmm... guess where my subaru was assembled... in Indiana... and a "green" plant by the way. Where do you think the parts come from on the "american brand" built vehicles then?? Do a little bit of homework... Subaru of America Company Environmental Policy Toyota Camry one of the most popular is assembled in Kentucky. Many "American" workers get a paycheck putting together these vehicles.

Oh my gosh, you found the little smiley things. I got a Subbie. BUT THE PROFITS FROM THAT WENT BACK TO JAPAN. I'm thinkin' you should go back and retake that economics class. "PROFIT" is the key word. Or due ya think Subaru is just building cars here for free???????????

Old 03-11-2011, 10:52 AM

879 posts, read 1,731,995 times
I'm totally understanding the whole "Stiffbrain" thing now.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:57 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
We all know that Stiffbrain is lying when he says he has a hummer.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:02 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
We all know that Stiffbrain is lying when he says he has a hummer.
Or if he's ever gotten one.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:12 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times
Isn't that like the song that the Tinman sang in the "Wizard of Oz?"

"If I only had a brain!!!"

At least I know how to follow the paper trail. I'm thinking some people don't understand what profits are. A hint, it's not the idiot in the White House. He's your Prophet but he is not concerned and doesn't care if businesses make profits. He just wants to rob them of them. Oh no! I've gotten too deep for the shallow wells on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks