Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2011, 09:06 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,882 times

Advertisements

An O is less curvy than an S or a B. Do you call a NASCAR racetrack curvy? No! It's not curvy. But a winding mountain road, now THAT road is curvy.

A curve is one arc. For a shape to be curvy it has to have more than one arc or curve. A B has 2 curves and 3 sharp corners. An s has more curves and no sharp corners. An 0 has ONE curve. It's not curvy.

So out of those 3 letters, the S is the most curvy.

And women with an hourglass shape are more curvy than women who have an O shape or a bunch of lumps.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:54 AM

134 posts, read 127,092 times
Hm well I am a overweight women and have SERIOUS curves. I have the "hourglass"shape that most men find attractive. Even when I lost some weight, my hips were still HUGE.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:28 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Here are a few curvy women that I posted in a thread a while back. I swear, I get at least two people everyday (non members) who give me rep points for this: //www.city-data.com/forum/7102346-post8.html

Definitely future ex-wife material............

Old 01-09-2011, 05:19 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,329 times
Default Don't lose it

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Beauty View Post
Hm well I am a overweight women and have SERIOUS curves. I have the "hourglass"shape that most men find attractive. Even when I lost some weight, my hips were still HUGE.
American beauty-don't ever lose that. That S shape literally stops men in their tracks. Matter of fact, I work with a women that has a great S shape. Her face is jacked up but I love watching her walk away. Sad part, she knows that I am looking so she shakes it more....garl!!!

Old 01-10-2011, 06:25 PM

860 posts, read 2,716,591 times
How very fortunate she is to be observed by yourself in spite of her "jacked up" face.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:27 PM

37 posts, read 57,725 times
I love thick women

Old 01-10-2011, 11:05 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Please stop calling slim women "sticks". Just because I'm slim, doesn't mean that I don't have curves, dammit!!!

Just trying to play off the original post.

According to the OP only thin women can be curvy, the rest of us are plump

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 01-10-2011 at 11:46 PM..

Old 01-11-2011, 06:17 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
Who died and made you ruler? If a man sees a thick woman with curves and wants to call her curvy, he can. There are plenty of curvy woman that are size 14 and 16 and look amazing. I would not put the word "thin" and "curvy" in the same sentence. Do you think those Victoria Secret Models are curvy? I don't. They use tricks to make themselves appear curvy. The woman voted sexiest woman alive is a size 14. She has curves. The sexiest woman to date is Marilyn Monroe and she was a 12. Get over yourself.
Sigh. Once more, poor Marilyn gets a bad rap. You need to do some research. Here you go:

According to measurements from Marilyn Monroe's dressmaker:
Height: 5 feet, 5½ inches
Weight: 118-140 pounds
Bust: 35-37 inches
Waist: 22-23 inches
Hips: 35-36 inches
Bra size: 36D

In other words, whatever her size, her figure was an unusually dramatic hour-glass, which makes it kind of strange for women to compare themselves to her anyway. When a collector displayed a bunch of her most famous costumes in London recently, "they had to get a special mold made for the corset and swimwear dummies in the exhibition because Monroe was such an extreme hourglass shape that no off-the-peg dummies existed in those measurements."

So, what size was she? Well, like most women, she wasn't one size everywhere. When British journalist Sara Buys had a chance to try on some of Marilyn's clothes earlier this year, she reported:

After all these years, mystery and conspiracy theories still surround her death, but when it comes to her physical attributes, I can put a few facts straight. Contrary to received wisdom, she was not a voluptuous size 16 – quite the opposite. While she was undeniably voluptuous – in possession of an ample bosom and a bottom that would look at home gyrating in a J-Lo video – for most of the early part of her career, she was a size 8 and even in her plumper stages, was no more than a 10. I can tell you this from experience because a few weeks ago, I tried to try on her clothes.

Okay, now we have to translate British sizes. (HuffPo, adding to the confusion, neglected to do this in their link headline from April.) Depending on the designer, a British 10 might translate as an 8, a 6, or even a 4. And vintage clothes of that era were cut slim, intended to be worn with serious girdles, so take this into account. The answer? There's no "exact" number. All we can know for sure is that Marilyn Monroe was a gorgeous, dramatically curvaceous woman with a physique heavier and curvier than that which is en vogue now.

Read more: For The Last Time: What Size Was Marilyn Monroe?

Old 01-11-2011, 11:49 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
According to the OP only thin women can be curvy, the rest of us are plump
Don't make stuff up. You make yourself look bad. We all read the OP. The emphasis was on the hourglass shape, and that has been the overwhelming theme of this entire thread.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:40 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Sigh. Once more, poor Marilyn gets a bad rap. You need to do some research. Here you go:

According to measurements from Marilyn Monroe's dressmaker:
Height: 5 feet, 5½ inches
Weight: 118-140 pounds
Bust: 35-37 inches
Waist: 22-23 inches
Hips: 35-36 inches
Bra size: 36D

In other words, whatever her size, her figure was an unusually dramatic hour-glass, which makes it kind of strange for women to compare themselves to her anyway. When a collector displayed a bunch of her most famous costumes in London recently, "they had to get a special mold made for the corset and swimwear dummies in the exhibition because Monroe was such an extreme hourglass shape that no off-the-peg dummies existed in those measurements."

So, what size was she? Well, like most women, she wasn't one size everywhere. When British journalist Sara Buys had a chance to try on some of Marilyn's clothes earlier this year, she reported:

After all these years, mystery and conspiracy theories still surround her death, but when it comes to her physical attributes, I can put a few facts straight. Contrary to received wisdom, she was not a voluptuous size 16 – quite the opposite. While she was undeniably voluptuous – in possession of an ample bosom and a bottom that would look at home gyrating in a J-Lo video – for most of the early part of her career, she was a size 8 and even in her plumper stages, was no more than a 10. I can tell you this from experience because a few weeks ago, I tried to try on her clothes.

Okay, now we have to translate British sizes. (HuffPo, adding to the confusion, neglected to do this in their link headline from April.) Depending on the designer, a British 10 might translate as an 8, a 6, or even a 4. And vintage clothes of that era were cut slim, intended to be worn with serious girdles, so take this into account. The answer? There's no "exact" number. All we can know for sure is that Marilyn Monroe was a gorgeous, dramatically curvaceous woman with a physique heavier and curvier than that which is en vogue now.

Read more: For The Last Time: What Size Was Marilyn Monroe?

You are not a size 12 with a 22 inch waist. If I remember right, Twiggy, had the same waist size. 32-22-32. Smaller hips but a size 0. Does 4 inches extra really make somebody go from a size 0 to a 12?

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 01-11-2011 at 02:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty