Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 01:35 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,509 times

Advertisements

Everyone is free to dress as they please. But since the OP asked...

1.Underwear is called "under"wear for a reason. You wear it under your clothes.

2.Clothes have sizing for a reason. Wear your size, don't look like a potato sack or a muffin-top parade. And be conscious about length, please!

3.Make-up is to enhance a woman's beauty, not to make her - literally - look like a clown. It is make-up, not make-clown.

4.Everybody knows that tan is artificial... only you and the tan salon lady think it looks natural. Same goes for 2 inches long red acrylic nails.

5.They are called "sun"glasses for a reason. Unless you have a medical condition, they are to be worn only when (surprise surprise!) it is sunny, and outside.

6.No baseball caps (especially backwards, nooooooo!) outside sporting events, unless it is really sunny outside.

7.Too much bling is great on Christmas trees. You happen to be a person. It is just plain ugly and distasteful. Too much perfume will make you smell bad instead of good.

8. Do people really have to post signs "no shirt, no shoes, no service?" I mean, come on, it is a restaurant or a store, not your backyard. By the way, if I live near you, please be a dear and keep your shirt on even in your backyard. Or let me know and I will make sure I have a higher fence.

Those are the ones I remember right now, but I am sure there are 1000s of huge fashion faux pas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 01:38 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
big earrings. the bigger the earrings a female is wearing, the trashier she is.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:48 PM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I don't like men in sleeveless shirts or tank tops.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:16 PM

395 posts, read 1,540,974 times
I love gladiator sandals and especially crocs. I have wide feet so cute shoes are usually not even on the radar for me and crocs are so comfortable and I do not have to wear socks with them. Since they are rubber they fit my wide feet without me needing to look for "wide width". I also have been dealing with chronic foot problems for several years.

What I really dislike are shorts/pants with writing on the rear.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:02 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridamom1970 View Post
I love gladiator sandals and especially crocs. I have wide feet so cute shoes are usually not even on the radar for me and crocs are so comfortable and I do not have to wear socks with them. Since they are rubber they fit my wide feet without me needing to look for "wide width". I also have been dealing with chronic foot problems for several years.

What I really dislike are shorts/pants with writing on the rear.
Apparently I have wider feet than the norm, but anytime I order wider shoes, they are not even close to fitting. Happens with just about article of clothing I buy.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:26 AM

56 posts, read 127,624 times
One should wear clothes according to his/her personality. Loose fit clothes don’t suit me. I don’t like boot cut jeans.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:40 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,565,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
big earrings. the bigger the earrings a female is wearing, the trashier she is.
I agree
women who wear low rise jeans and thier belly hangs over

Old 04-18-2011, 07:23 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyninfl View Post
women who wear low rise jeans and thier belly hangs over

I think anyone who wears low rise jeans should be aware of how their body looks in them first.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:20 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
I don't like the maxi-dresses that reappeared a couple of years ago. I don't think they're flattering on anyone.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:20 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,474,595 times
I think people should wear what is most comfortable or best for them...that being said - I can still wonder and vent about some fashions!

- Those light scarves that women tie around their necks in the summer/spring. I hate wearing scarves and would never tie something like that around my neck. A girl in my office wears almost that same outfit daily.

- Flood pants/jeans that are too short

- Wearing Uggs with skirts in the summer. Seeing that makes my feet sweat like a hog.

- Skinny jeans on anyone, they look soo constricting.

- Older men who wear shorts, sneakers, and tube socks that come up to their knees or calves. Haha my dad does this!! He has a sock tan now.

- Bermuda shorts - some can pull them off, most can't!

- Wearing anything denim other than jeans.

- Huge hoop earrings, random lip/face rings etc etc

Gah that seems like a lot. But I see a ton of crazy things, being a receptionist!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty