Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2010, 02:05 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,851 times

Advertisements

To answer the OP. Thinner women are not necessarilly more attractive than curved...

The OP should have detailed what they meant by "thinner" and "curved" though...

I prefer smaller to petite women myself. By smaller and petite I mean < 5'10" in height and < 150lbs in weight.

But there are "curvy" or "thicker" women that are pretty too. I just prefer being with a smaller woman.

I wouldn't want to be wrestling around with a big woman every night. Wrestling with a big woman shortens your life span... That's why men die earlier than women.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:11 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,439,566 times
thin girls look more sexy.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:07 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,286,327 times
Default Is being thin really that beautiful?

How important is it to be thin? Do you think people who aren't thin are ugly? A few years ago there were a lot of books on the market about how women from countries other than America "don't get fat." In a month or so there is going to be the release of yet another diet book, the French version of Atkins called The Dukan Diet.

In the states the focus is on fat: Biggest Loser, etc.

How important is it, in your opinion, to be thin?

Is being thin really that beautiful? | Viva Woman

Is the New Obsession With “Fat Shows” Helping or Hurting? : College Candy

OFFICIAL US WEBSITE of The Dukan Diet

Old 02-24-2011, 02:32 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
I think it's important to be Healthy, not thin.

Furthermore, You can't define someone as "ugly" due to weight alone, to do so is ridiculous. For me, ugly is more of what is on the inside...and ugly comes in all shapes and sizes.

As for the Dukan diet, I've read your other numerous posts regarding this diet. I think it may work for some and not for others. Personally it's not a lifestyle change that would work for me.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:34 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times
There are fat people who are beautiful and there are thin people who are ugly. But that's more looking at the person as a package deal with body, face, personality, and the way that they carry themselves.

As for the body shape specifically... My personal preference is people who look healthy. Outside of the "healthy" looking range, people look less and less attractive to me. I'm not ashamed to admit that the extremes of weight are very unappealing to me.

As for my body "shape". I don't consider myself "thin" but rather "fluffy on the edges". I'm technically a healthy weight for my height, but I could stand to lose a few pounds.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:37 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,958 times
Is beauty absolute or relative ? The answer is yes, so being thin is indeed that beatiful to SOME people.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:52 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Is being thin really that beautiful?
From a purely physical viewpoint, YES, thin is almost always more beautiful than BIG, FAT, OBESE, OR "FLUFFY" as some say.

Quote:
How important is it to be thin? Do you think people who aren't thin are ugly?
I think from a purely health viewpoint, it IS extremely important to be thin (physically in shape). Everyone knows obesity is a cause of death in many people, thinness is not. Unless you talk about the extreme which we are NOT talking about here.

I would not go so far to say people who arent thin are ugly, but they are DEFINITELY NOT as physically attractive as those who ARE thin/fit. Everyone knows that people who are overweight/obese are not considered to be as attractive as those who are NOT obese/overweight. You know, those who are thin/fit.

Quote:
Its more important to be HEALTHY/FIT!!! Usually being thin is a great byproduct of concentrating on being/becoming healthy/fit, but I think it is secondary. If you are talking again about attractiveness, then YES it is important to NOT be overweight/obese as thin/fit is much much preferable and desirable.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:08 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,093,380 times
Quote:
How important is it to be thin? Do you think people who aren't thin are ugly? A few years ago there were a lot of books on the market about how women from countries other than America "don't get fat." In a month or so there is going to be the release of yet another diet book, the French version of Atkins called The Dukan Diet.

Being healthy is what counts,
Not every thin person is beautiful and not every big person is ugly
Diets are ridicules
DONT DO DIETS

Old 02-24-2011, 03:10 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,522,974 times
my ideal of beauty is someone like stacey pillari, nicole ball, larissa reiss. MUSCLE!!!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:18 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:

its important to be healthy.

When you look after yourself, usually being thinner is a result.

I don't equate beauty with size.

eat well, excercise & forget diets
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty