Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 02:47 PM

95 posts, read 160,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I didn't pay attention to this thread coz the title was ODD

But I now see a raging discussion here.

Can someone nutshell it for me? Is this about a dude cross dressing
No.

It's about having fun with clothes and wearing whatever fits UR figure.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:20 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,685,511 times
to change things up a bit, could how people look at this kind of thing be based upon where each of us lives? i mean i think a guy walking through the store in a dress here in the south would probably be ridiculed or worse a lot quicker than a guy doing it out west.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:53 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
to change things up a bit, could how people look at this kind of thing be based upon where each of us lives? i mean i think a guy walking through the store in a dress here in the south would probably be ridiculed or worse a lot quicker than a guy doing it out west.
I'm out west and although I periodically see dudes in female clothing (not drag queen style but "I am a man and I'm wearing a dress" style) I am snickering and thinking they are werid. Sorry fellas but I'm gunna judge you. Everyone will. It's part of being yourself I suppose.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:21 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,685,511 times
maybe thats why a lot of guys secretly wish they were girls. nobody judging them every time they turn around.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:58 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,565,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBIRDS View Post
Wow, this thread has turned somewhat ugly.

I am no threat to children, I would never wear that top in public. Worry more about dirty men in raincoats.

The MOST I wear in public are leggings or yoga pants when I'm running. Many thongs keep the little package that I have virtually invisible anyway. I also tend to wear long t-shirts or sweaters to hide "that", not that I really need to.
You are doing nothing wrong. Like you said you are no threat to children.

It is good to know you are happy with yourself and not so concerned with what everyone else says.

Do what makes you happy.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:52 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBIRDS View Post
Wow, this thread has turned somewhat ugly.

I am no threat to children, I would never wear that top in public. Worry more about dirty men in raincoats.

The MOST I wear in public are leggings or yoga pants when I'm running. Many thongs keep the little package that I have virtually invisible anyway. I also tend to wear long t-shirts or sweaters to hide "that", not that I really need to.
In the opening post you said you received a "few awkward stares" while wearing that top. Who was staring at you, if you weren't actually wearing it in public?

Old 07-10-2011, 09:01 AM

4,789 posts, read 14,744,746 times
Well, as a crossdresser too, I think those clothes you like are lame. But it would be nice if society accepts men wearing some womens clothes sometimes. But when I go out in full drag, I try to look passable and as much as a woman as possible, - so I'd have no problems.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:03 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
But it would be nice if society accepts men wearing some womens clothes sometimes.
i actually dont think it would be nice if society accepts men wearing women's clothes. it would be nicer if those men would accept that they are men and wear the appropriate clothing. at least i dont want to see that in my town. if you want to walk around like that in manhattan, go ahead.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:12 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Well, as a crossdresser too, I think those clothes you like are lame. But it would be nice if society accepts men wearing some womens clothes sometimes. But when I go out in full drag, I try to look passable and as much as a woman as possible, - so I'd have no problems.
People can tell you are a man. They are just being polite and are letting you live your life as you see fit.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:25 AM

4,789 posts, read 14,744,746 times
For crossdressers in general, if you dress overdone, you will be read. I was shopping in Village Thrift when a crossdresser in full dress, makeup, necklace, and earring walked in. I could tell it was man man even though he was passable enough, it was just that he was overdresssed to look as much as a woman as possible. This happened a few times I was overdressed too, - I got read. Like when I went to this year's gay parade in my cheerleading outfit, - what girl would go in a cheerleading outfit to a parade? So I got read as a drag queen but many people said I was beautiful and that the outfit was nice. So I got my picture taken 7 times. I pass about 95% of the time as a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty