Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was there ever a Stunning First Lady?
Absolutely and she was? 25 86.21%
Not a chance. The President must have a plain wife 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 07:38 PM

10,177 posts, read 20,800,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
My opinion is that I do not find her attractive AT ALL, not on the outside, not on the inside, not at all.

She's not hot at a ball; nope not at all.
Not here, not there, not anywhere.
I don't find Michelle Obama hot,
not today, not tomorrow, no no no, just not.

But to "be fair", here's one not talking.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.bvonbeaut...ackson-450.jpg

Her facial structure is too off for me to find beauty in it, although she does have pretty eyes, but that's all.
I agree, and it has nothing to do with her politics or any other so called motive. I just don't find her attractive. It's too bad some of the smaller minds on here feel compelled to bash you based on where you are from.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:47 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,988,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Its quite amazing that the most powerful men in the world don't marry beuatiful women. They have affairs with them but they don't marry them
Pretty girls are easy for powerful men to get, married or not. Women who can complement a career, are intelligent, know how to make interesting dinner conversations on a whole variety of topics, entertain, avoid unpleasantries, look and behave in a presentable manner in various occasions, be an asset - these are probably more important qualities to look for in a marriage partner.

I think really successful men tend to marry women who are their match and can hold their own. They don't need the clinging vine or window dressing sorts. Insecure men choose them.

This thread did not specify the First Lady of the US, but I suppose that was what was intended.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:55 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,190,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I agree, and it has nothing to do with her politics or any other so called motive. I just don't find her attractive. It's too bad some of the smaller minds on here feel compelled to bash you based on where you are from.
I agree; I just don't get the endless hype over her looks. She is an average looking woman, at best. I really got turned off by the media continuosly writing story after story of 'how Michelle gets those arms' back when Obama first took office

Old 02-29-2012, 08:51 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,749,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I agree; I just don't get the endless hype over her looks. She is an average looking woman, at best. I really got turned off by the media continuosly writing story after story of 'how Michelle gets those arms' back when Obama first took office

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--n8qORPwXn...Bcrocodile.jpg

Old 02-29-2012, 09:01 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,190,447 times
LOL, no need for the crocodile tears....I'm just not a fan. I don't think we've ever had a really hot first lady.

If we turn this question around though- obviously the hottest President ever was William Jefferson Clinton. I miss Bill

Old 02-29-2012, 09:09 PM

653 posts, read 947,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Before all the idiots start posting and saying things about Democrats or Republicans, or how one or the other is somehow better than the other, let me say that due to age of women who become first ladies, none can be considered true "stunners". Other than say for their age women like Laura Bush and Jackie Kennedy, First Lady Ellen Arthur was probably the most attractive of the bunch:
Very gorgeous. So are Jackie and Michelle. I think there is a difference between an elegant beauty and a stereotypical model beauty. Both are attractive, in their own way.

Just like men. I think men that are rough around the edges are equally attractive as men that are buttoned up. Both are attractive, for different reasons.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:11 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,555,653 times
The reason that certain people are being called out for the Michelle Obama bashing is because these same people were fairly indifferent to Barbara Bush, Hillary Clinton and Laura Bush (none of which were either attractive or stylish....yet they say the most vile things about Michelle Obama.

Hmmm, now what is particularly "different" about Michelle Obama that makes certain types of people get so riled up that they actually call her (an obviously attractive woman and definitely more attractive than the past 7 or 8 First Ladies) unattractive or even ugly?

Old 02-29-2012, 10:17 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,743,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
She's nothing special to me. There are many women I see on the street I'd take over her.

As for bashing Michelle Obama, you people need to be less sensitive.
so? your opinions vs. every other person out there. no more or less valid. just sayin'

Old 02-29-2012, 10:33 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,743,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The reason that certain people are being called out for the Michelle Obama bashing is because these same people were fairly indifferent to Barbara Bush, Hillary Clinton and Laura Bush (none of which were either attractive or stylish....yet they say the most vile things about Michelle Obama.

Hmmm, now what is particularly "different" about Michelle Obama that makes certain types of people get so riled up that they actually call her (an obviously attractive woman and definitely more attractive than the past 7 or 8 First Ladies) unattractive or even ugly?
It's been my experience that people tend to judge black women's looks much more harshly than other races of women. Their minds will immediately go to a trait they find negative 9 times out of 10 FIRST. Beyonce? She's 'loud and obnoxious,' Halle Berry: 'she was a terrible Catwoman' These things might actually be true too; but it's the idea that it is usually a negative trait that comes to their minds when it concerns a black woman as opposed to a positive one. How about Beyonce seems to be a decent role model? or Halle Berry is an Oscar winner? See what I'm saying? Michelle Obama isn't a bad looking woman, neither is Laura Bush IMO. But people have an image of what they expect a black woman to be and when she doesn't fit that -- they bash the hell out of her. I've had it happen to me and seen it happen time and again. Nothing new to me, personally.

Now, folks may not like that take on it -- but oh well.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:38 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,130,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Pretty girls are easy for powerful men to get, married or not. Women who can complement a career, are intelligent, know how to make interesting dinner conversations on a whole variety of topics, entertain, avoid unpleasantries, look and behave in a presentable manner in various occasions, be an asset - these are probably more important qualities to look for in a marriage partner.

I think really successful men tend to marry women who are their match and can hold their own. They don't need the clinging vine or window dressing sorts. Insecure men choose them.

This thread did not specify the First Lady of the US, but I suppose that was what was intended.
good post.

I'm still trying to figure out why the "attractiveness" of any First Lady even matters ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty