Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 09:06 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
victorias secret has inexpensive pretty bras. you can get a breast reduction insurance now covers it if noted right by a MD. or get another fitting by another person at another shop to compare. or go back wearing the preety 36 c bras you were wearing. NOT all manufactures sizes are the same....... so that may also be the reason why the size is off.

Not sure how tall or what you may weight maybe lose weight and that may help

ps buy a prego test to see if you are preggers.
That's a lot of shockingly bad advice all rolled into one. You shouldn't have major surgery because it's inconvenient to find a bra that fits.

Her breasts aren't going to change size just by going to a different person and she shouldn't be wearing bras that don't fit right. They're uncomfortable and don't give proper support, just increasing the inevitable effects of gravity.

Manufacturers do vary a bit and the shape of your breasts may make you need to go up a cup size, but your band size isn't going to change unless you gain substantial weight. The measurement right under your breasts is your band size. If you're 32 inches around, you wear a 32 band. I don't trust companies that go along with that silly "add 4 or 5 inches" system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 09:30 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,511,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
That's a lot of shockingly bad advice all rolled into one. You shouldn't have major surgery because it's inconvenient to find a bra that fits.

Her breasts aren't going to change size just by going to a different person and she shouldn't be wearing bras that don't fit right. They're uncomfortable and don't give proper support, just increasing the inevitable effects of gravity.

Manufacturers do vary a bit and the shape of your breasts may make you need to go up a cup size, but your band size isn't going to change unless you gain substantial weight. The measurement right under your breasts is your band size. If you're 32 inches around, you wear a 32 band. I don't trust companies that go along with that silly "add 4 or 5 inches" system.
You've given a lot of great advice in this thread, UE. Thanks! I especially enjoyed the link to the Thin and Curvy website.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:49 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I always joke that my future husband is one VERY lucky man..too bad for the morons of the world who let me go, lol.
so we know you are single and have 32DD jugs. how many pm's have you gotten in the last 2 days?

Old 03-16-2012, 09:53 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
For now, I'll try to buy one that works to hold me over.
You lived with the existing bras probably for at least good 7 or 8 years before acquiring this amazing knowledge; I'm pretty sure you can make it for a few more months, need be!

Old 03-16-2012, 10:04 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,702,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
so we know you are single and have 32DD jugs. how many pm's have you gotten in the last 2 days?
I think when someone makes such a bold claim, proof of said jugs should be made public.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:29 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
none . Like I said, they won't get anywhere with PMing me.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:31 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You lived with the existing bras probably for at least good 7 or 8 years before acquiring this amazing knowledge; I'm pretty sure you can make it for a few more months, need be!

Actually my every day bra is super old so I've been needing a new bra for a while..its getting very uncomfortable so I've been wearing most of my other bra's lol. Not only that, I don't want saggy boobs before 30 haha!

Old 03-16-2012, 10:35 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
none . Like I said, they won't get anywhere with PMing me.
why not? when you first said that i assumed you were married. but now that you are single, i dont see why they dont have any chance.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:25 PM

699 posts, read 2,219,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
The measurement right under your breasts is your band size. If you're 32 inches around, you wear a 32 band. I don't trust companies that go along with that silly "add 4 or 5 inches" system.
so if a gal is a 37", what exactly is your logic for that?

Old 03-16-2012, 04:42 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe2ofus View Post
so if a gal is a 37", what exactly is your logic for that?
You try 36 or 38 and see which one fits better. But that's a pretty large ribcage, I bet fewer ladies are 37 inches around than wear a 36/38. I measured my boyfriend last night as a frame of reference for this very conversation. He's slightly stocky and is 37 inches around (and would wear a AA).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty