Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 12:15 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyTXsmile View Post
I may be used to paying a little more for bras, since I (we) wear a less common size, and I've buying it for so long.

I'm the queen of sales, and I love Nord. Rack.

And not all Nordie prices are higher than elsewhere. I used to buy them online, until I realized Nordie cost less, and I could try it on first in the store by going to them.

I also take very good care of my bras (hand-wash them in mild soap, lay flat to dry, etc) so they last a long time.

I also supplement with the less cute (but still cute enough) but lower priced bras from Macy's for wearing to the gym, etc. so my cuter bras last even longer.

There's nothing more uncomfortable than wearing the wrong size bra, so it's worth it to pay for the size that fits you best.
hehe ya I love Nord rack. especially during their "clear the rack" sales! ya I don't trust buying bra's I can't try on first.

I guess I could take better care of my bra's. I just don't put them in the dryer but I wash them in the delicate cycle.

For dancing, I wear sports bra's and I always buy smaller than what I should so I have more firm support.

I've gotten used to wearing the wrong size cause I thought I was wearing the right size all these years. but ya, the right size is a lot more comfy. I feel more supported! haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 11:18 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,811,149 times
Im also a 32 dd and I shop at VS their bras are ok.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:06 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
I've been "fitted" at VS before and they were WAY off on my size. She kept telling me I was a 36C so I humored her, put it on and showed her there is NO WAY I'm a 36C.

I went and got measured at a specialty shop and wound up being a 34DD. If you have any foundations shops your area you may want to consider that option. They measured me and then their seamstress altered the bras to fit me. It was pretty pricey ($70 a bra) but they lasted a very long time.

Last time I went to buy a bra I picked a few up at VS. They are okay, not made to last very long but they are comfy.

I've been wearing this one:

NEW! Full Coverage Bra - The Showstopper by Victoria's Secret

I like it because it's full coverage and doesn't have any padding or "push-up" in it...they don't need ANY help! lol

Old 03-19-2012, 08:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,726 times
no photos?

Old 03-20-2012, 03:30 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
oh I know it could be worse. Thankfully VS has the semi annual I can count on for bras in the 25-40 dollar range when they're on sale at least. I feel for those above a DD..I don't know how you do it. I'll check out the herroom.
Lots of patience!

I'm a 32DDD, and from my experience, the majority of VS sales girls are morons when it comes to sizing people. Seriously, they are bad.

I got properly sized by a very sweet ancient lady that worked at Macy's in the lingerie section (seriously, she was 84yrs old about 8 yrs ago!), and she put me at a 32DDD, where I still am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
victorias secret has inexpensive pretty bras. you can get a breast reduction insurance now covers it if noted right by a MD. or get another fitting by another person at another shop to compare. or go back wearing the preety 36 c bras you were wearing. NOT all manufactures sizes are the same....... so that may also be the reason why the size is off.

Not sure how tall or what you may weight maybe lose weight and that may help

ps buy a prego test to see if you are preggers.
Ignorance.

Not everyone wants to be a cookie cutter of everyone else. I personally love my big ole boobies, and love the fact I didn't have to pay for em. Not to mention the fact breast reduction scars are HORRIBLE!!!

Manufacture's sizes will not be that much off, when it comes to bras. a 34B is going to be a 34B pretty much across the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
i would get a second measuring from another company you never know .. it happened to be at VS they miss measured me and I corrected them when I should them I was floating in the size they suggested and also like i said in the orig post every manufacture has different sizing.
You can measure yourself.

Take the first measurement right under your breast tissue, that's your number size.

The 2nd measurement should be across the largest part of your breast (wearing your best fitting bra) that's your cup size.

You subtract the band size from the cup number, and each inch difference is a letter.

For example I am a 32" band, and a 38" around the fullest part of my breasts, so that makes me a 32DDD/E.

Ignore that old mess about finding your band size then adding 4-5", cause it DOES NOT WORK!

I have found a few cute sturdy bras from Macy's during their sales, also check out Dillard's.

Search Results - Macy's

Underwire Bras & Sports Bras : Bras & Lingerie | Dillards.com

I really like the B'Tempted line from Wacoal; really cute, work well and when they are on sale they are even better!

Old 03-20-2012, 03:33 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Either I'm pregnant and don't know it or I've just been wearing the wrong size all this time, thought I was a 34C. Regardless...where on earth am I supposed to find pretty bra's in this size that aren't expensive??? I"m somewhat disappointed.

Bra Shop that specializes in pretty bras. Why would you be disappointed in paying a wee bit extra for a bra that actually fits? How much do you spend on shoes, skirts, blouses, etc. How much do you spend at Starbucks or whatever your local coffee or tea shop is if you go? A good fitting bra has a small price to pay when the twins are perky and comfortable.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:40 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
This thread's been very valuable for my C/D stats database.

SELECT * FROM CITY_DATA_F_VITALSTATS WHERE HEART_NATURE LIKE '%DD%';

Old 03-20-2012, 07:59 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Mir, are you signed up for Groupon/Livingsocial/etc? I know (at least here) I've seen deals for local lingerie shops come by every so often.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:05 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
Nordstom's Wacoal bra line.... Best made bras for DD+ sizes IMO. I believe they were designed by a male engineer to give the best support... Also very pretty and comfortable.

The only bras I wear since my first Nordstroms bra fitting by a "certified bra fitter." They are great at bra fittings there. My hubby said he wants that job!

They range from $50 - $80 and are well worth the price for comfort, fit, durability...

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/wacoal

Old 03-20-2012, 09:07 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Nordstom's Wacoal bra line.... Best made bras for DD+ sizes IMO. I believe they were designed by a male engineer to give the best support... Also very pretty and comfortable.
I also like Wacoal. They're not exclusive to Nordstrom's, though. Macy's carries them, too. I believe Dillard's does as well, but I'm not sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty