Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 07:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times

Advertisements

Very tall (at least 6'3"; 6'5" or more is better), on the lean side, muscular, wide shoulders, strong and defined facial features, nice teeth.

Alexander Skarsgaard (Eric from True Blood) is close to my ideal, but he has serious competition now from the guy who plays Alcide. That dude is a freaking side of beef, plus he has dark eyes and hair, which I prefer.

Pictures & Photos of Joe Manganiello - IMDb

Sorry for the dual True Blood references, but we spent all weekend getting caught up to the current season.

Kevin Durand is also super hunky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 07:29 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times
I've always gone for guys with mass, but not necessarily super cut, although I can appreciate the time and effort that goes into those bodies (I'm not, nor was I ever, repulsed by overly muscular men.) Howie Long's build was my ideal.

When I was single and folks would ask what I liked physically, I used to tell them I wanted someone built like my dad; the guy had to fill the doorway. My father has an impressive stature. My husband isn't as tall as my dad or Howie, but he fits the bill otherwise.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:17 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
Tall ...6' - 6'4"
Brown hair
Light Eyes
Thick build
Broad shoulders
He should NOT look pregnant. I don't mind a small tummy but if he looks like he's a few months pregnant

Actually...this picture...Mmmmmmm...that's it right there. I'd be all over him like a cheap suit!
Gerard Butler | Shirtless Daily

Old 06-20-2012, 08:53 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,857 times
Wow. Very interesting descriptions. By the posts that have been written so far it is fair to say that a man like me would be in big trouble. If I was playing the dating game now I would be totally screwed because I don"t even come close to resemble most of what has been described. I guess the good lord forgot about me or ran out of supplies when assigning attractive men features lol.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Wow. Very interesting descriptions. By the posts that have been written so far it is fair to say that a man like me would be in big trouble. If I was playing the dating game now I would be totally screwed because I don"t even come close to resemble most of what has been described. I guess the good lord forgot about me or ran out of supplies when assigning attractive men features lol.
Most of us don't come close to the women in the ideal woman's body type thread either. Don't worry about it.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:59 AM

18,476 posts, read 31,648,692 times
Vin Diesel, is perfect !!!!

Old 06-20-2012, 09:25 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,655,946 times
From the neck down Michael Phelps. Also Alcide is pretty smokin' Eric too.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:28 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
\
Alexander Skarsgaard (Eric from True Blood) is close to my ideal, but he has serious competition now from the guy who plays Alcide. That dude is a freaking side of beef, plus he has dark eyes and hair, which I prefer.

Pictures & Photos of Joe Manganiello - IMDb
Alcide's body is ridiculous (in a good way) but when I think about all the time and effort spent to get it to look like that (hours in the gym, fussy diet, etc.) it becomes much less attractive. I'd rather a guy spend more time with me and less time freaking out about the occasional cheeseburger or skipping a workout.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:49 AM

24,124 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
What I find amazing is how many guys think six packs and the steroid look is hot.

I don't see as much of it in Boston but in Florida there is a whole "sub genre" of men in their 20-30s (maybe 40s, not sure) who all they can talk about is the gym, protein supplements, etc.

It's really not attractive when you whole life revolves around it...pretty boring and vain
I agree totally! It is "boring and vain" and in the Sunbelt states like Florida, where more skin is on display more frequently and in greater quantity, one can see why this cult of body building survives there.

However, I'm originally from LI NY and "beach culture" is huge there, as are some men's muscles.

I also agree that the men who do it think it's hot. But women, not so much.

I think it's more of a narcissistic thing. They do it for themselves and for other men.

Kind of like women with really big hair, overly made up, with unnatural acrylic nails. Men are not impressed.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Alcide's body is ridiculous (in a good way) but when I think about all the time and effort spent to get it to look like that (hours in the gym, fussy diet, etc.) it becomes much less attractive. I'd rather a guy spend more time with me and less time freaking out about the occasional cheeseburger or skipping a workout.
Okay, but we're talking about ideals. It's not like I'm going to date the guy. Besides, his height, frame, and facial structure have nothing to do with his diet or how much he works out. Eating some cheeseburgers isn't going to turn him short and narrow. I just admire the hunkiness. I don't even normally like facial hair but dang!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty