Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 06:37 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,548,159 times

Advertisements

There is a guy on TV who pretty much embodies my ideal man in terms of looks- Stan Larsen on The Killing - tall, big-framed/muscular without being a body-builder, short hair, full lips, dark hair, non-skinny fingers, and generally very masculine looking.

Strangely, I also find Holder on The Killing extremely attractive too- but in his case, its his personality that makes him hot (to me), and that overrides the fact that he lacks some of my preferred physical traits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 06:54 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,509,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Are they also almost all 6'3" and up, with handsome faces and nice teeth?
Height varies. The females are nowhere near 6'3".

Old 06-21-2012, 07:11 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
There is no ideal. Tall and lanky, shorter and beefy, really short and average, hairy, non-hairy, it's all good. As long as it's male, it's good. Dig those pheromones!

Old 06-21-2012, 08:26 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Not the steroid look but Six pack is definately attractive. Six Pack is the most hardest muscle to get so that is why male models have them and they are promoted in the magazines.

You cannot go wrong with Six Pack.
I'm not a big fan of six packs... Usually the guys who have them are too thin for my taste. I like my men big, like a lumberjack

Old 06-21-2012, 09:09 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,509,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm not a big fan of six packs... Usually the guys who have them are too thin for my taste. I like my men big, like a lumberjack
You could be big and and still have a six pack but that is hard to do. Those are the rare ones most likely a male model.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,932,094 times
Ask 1000 women you will get 1000 different answers. There's no point of trying to fit a certain mold. Just be don't be an arrogant douche bag and I'm sure you can find a decent woman somewhere.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:52 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,857 times
I remember when I was in middle school there was this kid who was even shorter than me and probably the shortest kid in school and he was probably the most popular kid there, he had a lot of admirers, girls who wouldn't even give me a second look loved him and he never had a any trouble having a girlfriend I remember that all of his girlfriends towered well over him but it was never an issue. I was always wondering what his secret was. I guess when you got it you got it. He still has some of his boyish looks and I suppose he is still is popular with the ladies, lucky bastard lol.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:23 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,370,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
To become toned and add muscles, you have to be working 3-5 times a week for a few months to get there. It takes dedication, patience and time. Overall, California and Hawaii have the most fittest people according to my online research.

The scrawny men aren't working out and/or poor diet.
Generally cities with high income, good schools, higher education tend to have fitter people.
haha.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:47 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Ok ladies and gentlemen! Pop open that bottle of wine and settle down

What is your ideal male body type and what can't you stand?

I figured the guys have a thread like this so now it's our turn

Please feel free to add pics as well.
Right there;
The guy with a boombox in OP's video))))

//www.city-data.com/forum/europ...-remember.html

PS. Tree trunk legs are a big turn-off...

Last edited by erasure; 06-23-2012 at 04:56 PM..

Old 06-23-2012, 09:00 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Don't sweat it, what their ideal body types are and what they actually get can be and often are two different things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Wow. Very interesting descriptions. By the posts that have been written so far it is fair to say that a man like me would be in big trouble. If I was playing the dating game now I would be totally screwed because I don"t even come close to resemble most of what has been described. I guess the good lord forgot about me or ran out of supplies when assigning attractive men features lol.
I know, right? Looks like anyone under 6' 4" is scr*wed! Trouble is at the race track, concert....whatever... there's 10,000 men between 5' 6" and 6'. I think we can take the 6' 4" guy in strength by numbers.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty