Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 07:23 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times

Advertisements

I watched the encapsulated version of women's gymnastics last night, and I was rather put off by the messy hair that almost all of the American gymnasts wore. When they were coming out in groups, everybody was in warmup gear, so I thought they were being comfortable. Nope, they performed like that. And as far as I could tell (granted, I only saw Russia, a little Romania, and practically no China), we were the only group of girls with that sloppy hair. A different leotard for every event, different outfits for the medal ceremonies ... and scrunchie buns that look like they just fell out of bed. You represent our country at an important event, ladies. Brush it out or put it up, for Pete's sakes. My ballet teachers would have killed me.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:41 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,738,315 times
Lots of teenage girls like that look and even though they are super athletes they are still teenage girls. They are all so adorable I think it didn't really distract.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:45 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,949 times
I barely noticed the hair. I'll watch the highlights again. Lots of gymnasts in the past had ponies. Right? I don't remember too many bunned styles in the past.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:52 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Lots of the american women had longer hair. A regular ponytail would have been in the way.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:40 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
I don't care at all WHAT their hair looks like... it is their performance that matters!

Old 08-01-2012, 08:46 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Since Jules is having a bad hair day, the crocodile sings her a song.

Half of what I say is meaningless
But I say it just to reach you, Juuuuuuuuuuulia

Juuuuuuulia, Juuuuuuuuulia, ocean child, seashell eyes, calls me

Her hair of floating sky is shimmering, glimmering in the sun.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:03 AM

484 posts, read 854,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Julia View Post
I watched the encapsulated version of women's gymnastics last night, and I was rather put off by the messy hair that almost all of the American gymnasts wore. When they were coming out in groups, everybody was in warm up gear, so I thought they were being comfortable. Nope, they performed like that. And as far as I could tell (granted, I only saw Russia, a little Romania, and practically no China), we were the only group of girls with that sloppy hair. A different leotard for every event, different outfits for the medal ceremonies ... and scrunchie buns that look like they just fell out of bed. You represent our country at an important event, ladies. Brush it out or put it up, for Pete's sakes. My ballet teachers would have killed me.
Being European, I notice Americans, have a very, how shall I say. 'OVERLY' relaxed style. Reminds me when a group of teenage girls meet former President George Bush and they wore flip flops to the white house. Tacky, Tacky, Tacky

USATODAY.com - NU's lacrosse team sparks flip-flop flap at White House

Old 08-01-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
I barely noticed the hair. I'll watch the highlights again. Lots of gymnasts in the past had ponies. Right? I don't remember too many bunned styles in the past.
Ponytails are fine. One of the five girls had a sleekly brushed pony, while the other four had those half-ponies where you pull the hair into a loose loop instead of all the way out, with the end sticking out and the whole thing flopping around. All of the other girls I saw had ponies or buns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Since Jules is having a bad hair day, the crocodile sings her a song.

Half of what I say is meaningless
But I say it just to reach you, Juuuuuuuuuuulia

Juuuuuuulia, Juuuuuuuuulia, ocean child, seashell eyes, calls me

Her hair of floating sky is shimmering, glimmering in the sun.
My hair does object to the humidity, but for the most part my shimmering sky is behaving itself today.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post
Being European, I notice Americans, have a very, how shall I say. 'OVERLY' relaxed style. Reminds me when a group of teenage girls meet former President George Bush and they wore flip flops to the white house. Tacky, Tacky, Tacky

USATODAY.com - NU's lacrosse team sparks flip-flop flap at White House
I usually stick up for Americans in the threads where we are judged en masse as lazy slobs. Sometimes, though, I just want to . Like you say, there are times that call for a hairbrush or real shoes.

But other than the hair--good job girls.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:05 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Eh, maybe that's how they felt comfortable. Maybe that's how they practiced and it felt more natural when they competed.

Or maybe they were so focused on, ya know, being at the OLYMPICS that the way their hair looked took a backseat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty