Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 12:27 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times

Advertisements

Im 31 and still no sign of any wrinkles, not even surrounding the eyes (know people my age that have them) or in the forehead (some people my age also have them). At what age do i have to expect first winkles to appear and what was your experience with this?
Can i coast through the 30s without any wrinkle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 12:33 PM

456 posts, read 1,170,226 times
I have seen 21 year olds with significant forehead wrinkles and wrinkles around the eyes, so you'll be fine. About not developing any wrinkles through your 30s though, doubtful. Just stay out of the sun, don't drink, and have a healthy diet/good work-out routine.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:39 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
It depends on you and your genes. Keep wearing your sunscreen! If you aren't yet, do it immediately. Women who are olive or darker tend to get wrinkles later.

I am 34. I have smile lines. No forehead wrinkles. None in the corners of my eyes. I do have dark circles. And some unevenness. Those are my biggest signs of aging. I also notice, that I really need to work hard to get that effortless "glow" that my skin had in my 20s. Now I exfoliate more, and get stuff that says it helps with brightness and tone. And I use a serum daily.

But I know I am working with a good gene pool. My mom and her sisters have very few wrinkles, and they are all 60+ right now.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:48 PM

10,047 posts, read 18,069,717 times
I am in my early 50s and JUST got crow's feet in the last couple of years, literally. You can't see them unless I smile (not going to stop smiling because of this!) or you are gazing at my face from a foot away (lol, only my SO or my kitties do that!). I still have no forehead wrinkles and no wrinkles at all around my mouth (e.g. those vertical lines that some women and men have). Some of my students (early 20s) have more wrinkles than I do.

I think a LOT of it is genetic, but also in my case I never smoked (my younger sister did and she has had lots of wrinkles since her 30s) AND I really hated the sun when I was younger so was rarely outdoors. I am outdoors way more now than I was when I was younger, and I do use sunscreen, but I figure I am doing OK for my age and don't worry about it too much!

Old 03-03-2013, 08:15 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,502,785 times
Just about 45 I got vertical lines in between my eyebrows - but other than that I am O.K. - happy I dont have those marionette lines near my mouth.

Dont smoke, stay out of the sun, try not to squint - but I think the best thing to have is good genes.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:01 AM

149 posts, read 343,230 times
Great advice.I didnt start seeing any sign of wrinkles untill my mid thirties.Of course Ive always been a outside person.I started outdoor tanning almost every summer since I was like 15.Lived in Florida for a year or so and stayed on the beach.
I started smokeing when I was 32 and havent been able to stop yet.I dont drink water or milk often which I know I should.
My mother has great skin,she has never smoked or done anything to abuse her body.People have always told her she reminds them of Liz Taylor.And she does.
I dont have alot of wrinkles for all the sun,and past years of smokeing.
I think sometimes how much younger would I look if I had never smoked?I feel my skin tone would have been quite a bit tighter now than it is.
I was always in truth on the vain side about my looks,but as I have gotten older It really doesnt matter like it use to.I do what I can with what I have.We have different things to deal with in the many seasons of our lives,and right now at the moment Im not stressing over my wrinkles in my forehead or that Im not as cute or my eyes dont seem as blue as they were.My husband still loves me,I do hope to be able to drop some weight before summer and then Ill be good to go Lord willing for a while longer.Faint lines if you start looking really close usually always start in your mid to late 30's they may or may not stay faint untill hey start to deepen,this is up to you.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 AM

95 posts, read 198,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Im 31 and still no sign of any wrinkles, not even surrounding the eyes (know people my age that have them) or in the forehead (some people my age also have them). At what age do i have to expect first winkles to appear and what was your experience with this?
Can i coast through the 30s without any wrinkle?
I thought that when I was your age but there were already signs of aging I just didn't notice. I think we all think we are never gonna age and that we are magically gonna look 25 forever. Wrinkles are not the only thing that give away your age and sometimes they are already there but we don't want to see them. The mirror lies.

Stop trying to defy age. It's a futile battle. You will get old, you will get wrinkles, your skin will sag and deteriorate and your eyes will show your true age. The eyes don't lie. You look 30 and you will look 40 when that time arrives weather you have some specific wrinkles or not

If you spend too much energy trying to avoid the inevitable, you will either get bitter or ruin your face with unnecessary obsessive compulsive surgery. Always try to look good for your age, never try to look younger because that is impossible

I guarantee you, you won't look younger than 40 when you get there. The sooner you accept that the better.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:30 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
I know I always read "wear sunscreen" but do you know you should actually be wearing sunblock?

Sunscreen still let's the rays come through,whereas sunblack completely blocks them.

Look for ingrediants sinc and titanium.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:44 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Pulcino Pio View Post
I thought that when I was your age but there were already signs of aging I just didn't notice. I think we all think we are never gonna age and that we are magically gonna look 25 forever. Wrinkles are not the only thing that give away your age and sometimes they are already there but we don't want to see them. The mirror lies.

Stop trying to defy age. It's a futile battle. You will get old, you will get wrinkles, your skin will sag and deteriorate and your eyes will show your true age. The eyes don't lie. You look 30 and you will look 40 when that time arrives weather you have some specific wrinkles or not

If you spend too much energy trying to avoid the inevitable, you will either get bitter or ruin your face with unnecessary obsessive compulsive surgery. Always try to look good for your age, never try to look younger because that is impossible

I guarantee you, you won't look younger than 40 when you get there. The sooner you accept that the better.
Agreed. So often I hear people say they look 10 years younger than they actually are, and I look at them and wonder how they can be so delusional. Of course I too look 10 years younger.... the mirror lies. We see what we want to see.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:46 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I know I always read "wear sunscreen" but do you know you should actually be wearing sunblock?

Sunscreen still let's the rays come through,whereas sunblack completely blocks them.

Look for ingrediants sinc and titanium.
How do you absorb vitamin d while wearing sunblock? Do you keep your arms uncovered? Or do you take supplements?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty