Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 07:18 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,564,067 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions for the best products out there for mature skin (60 y.o. skin)?
Normal skin and not quite dry yet, but need good products that fight crepe neck from coming and wrinkles from forming.
Am willing to spend the money IF the products are great and really do their job. Need a good neck cream and night cream especially. It's h*ll getting older, but I plan to fight it all the way to the grave!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 07:35 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,340,579 times
There are some very good skin care lines to choose from. Dr. Perricone, Dr. Denese, and Philosophy. One thing about using a neck cream, make sure that you stroke up and then stroke across going up. All three lines have neck serums, facial serums, and neck creams and night creams. Neutrogena also makes a high end retin product. I'm not yet 60, but like you, I am fighting every step of the way. I use a mixture of all of these, and I always get compliments on my skin. It is a battle.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:40 PM

SXMGirl, which product line would you suggest for normal-dry skin? Which worked best?
I have heard of Dr. Perricone and Philosophy, but have no real knowledge of them myself. Dr. Denese...never heard of that line. But I am so open to suggestions.
We old broads have to stick together...haha!

Old 07-21-2009, 08:18 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,340,579 times
I first started using just Philosophy about 7 years ago. The face wash is Purity Made Simple, and I really like When Hope is not Enough, which is in serum form and then a moisturizer. Their newest moisturizer is Divine Illumination, and I especially like that. My morning routine is to wash my face with Dr. Denese's Resurface and Glow face wash. I then put on Hydroshield on my face along with Dr. Perricone's Cold Plasma or Philosophy's Divine Illumination on my face and his eye cream. At night, I wash my face with Dr. Perricone's Nutritive Cleanser. Then, Dr. Denese's Facial Firming Pads, Dr. D's Wrinkle Rx Extreme Pro-Peptide Gel, either her moisturizer or Cold Plasma, and Dr. D's hydroshield serum for eyes. As you can see, it is a full-time job, but we need to fight the good fight. I keep thinking about botox-type things, and it might even be most cost-effective than what I currently do, but for now, I am satisfied with this routine. Most important is to know your skin on a daily basis so that you know what your skin needs every day.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:21 PM

1,450 posts, read 4,250,891 times
From the day I turned 40, I apply a sunscreen spf 25+ daily, won't go out the door without it. It must be doing something, people don't realize my true age!

Also, I always use Clinique products, their quality is worth the price/1

Old 07-21-2009, 08:30 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Any suggestions for the best products out there for mature skin (60 y.o. skin)?
Normal skin and not quite dry yet, but need good products that fight crepe neck from coming and wrinkles from forming.
Am willing to spend the money IF the products are great and really do their job. Need a good neck cream and night cream especially. It's h*ll getting older, but I plan to fight it all the way to the grave!!!
Yes - I have outstanding skin care product line from Purium Health Products. Non-toxic, natural products. Please check it out.

Purium Health Products | Offering Whole Food Nutrition & Organic Supplements for Holistic Health

The company mostly sells whole-food supplements, such as green superfoods, but they have a great skin care line that i fell in love with...I would never get involved with the company whose products i'm not passionate about. It's not like anything i've seen on the market and I looked at so many companies.
I love that their products have Hyaluronic Acid. Their Line Erasing Serum is great. Look, no products are a magic bullet, no products will erase your wrinkles overnight and completely, but you need to see improvements on your skin, it needs to feel smoother, softer, cleaner, shinier...

Old 07-21-2009, 09:06 PM
K1F

12 posts, read 34,831 times
so the philosophy brand is pretty good then? My buddy is using that but I was looking into Ageless Science Anti-Aging System and Vichy Liftactiv Cxp. I am currently using St. Ives Collagen for the face but its so cheap that I have doubts. I really think you get what you pay for...but I am still searching.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:09 AM

I've always wondered how many older women are on City-Data. Does anyone know that?

Old 07-22-2009, 07:19 AM

917 posts, read 2,298,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
I've always wondered how many older women are on City-Data. Does anyone know that?
Well I just turned 59. I think actually there are quite a few older women here but I rarely see them posting on this forum. Now don't anyone yell at me but from what I have observed in my life is that MOST (over 50%) women stop being real concerned with beauty stuff around the time they become grandparents. That could be 40 or 60. Of course not all of us are that way but where most younger (under 35) women seem to really care I think a lot of older women have different priorities. I however am not one of those...I still REALLY care which may be unfortunate as it sometimes seems to be a losing battle.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:19 AM

I'm in my mid-60's and I still got it...if I can only remember where it is. Ha!
Do know what you mean about older women just..well, letting themselves go. I think it's stupid, personally. No wonder older men seek out much younger women. Makes sense to me--even tho I don't like it--makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty