Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 05:03 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Pulcino Pio View Post
Something doesn't add up here. The more you post the more I think you are a guy.
Why doesn't it add up? Those are my measurements and yes I am very athletic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 06:49 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I don't always wear size 10 in pants but do in shirts because I am quite busty. I am very muscular though in arms and legs and sometimes it can be bulgy. I don't wear jeans though so not sure of the sizes on those. It gets weird because generally speaking I wear pants and often wear pants that are medium or medium/tall since I have long legs. I suspect it's partly because I do have muscular legs but also that I might be off with the sizing since I don't wear pants generally with sizes and I think medium is a 10 or so.
So you just kind of...made that number up?

Old 04-07-2013, 11:41 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,715,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
So you just kind of...made that number up?
Had to. Or wears super baggy clothing.
There are one pair of juniors ultra slim cut levis I have (11). They are baggy on me and I MUST wear a belt or its just falls right off. I am bout the same measures but shorter. You (ue) and I wear pretty much the same size. (as sizes love to be non-standard). Your height seems to make you look leaner though in anything you shared on here. But we still wear about the same size because of our measurements of girth.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:06 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Yeah,I think curviness is defined by all the measurements,not body size,nor breast size.
A 36 24 36 is curvy and I'm assuming skinny also.
A 36 32 48 is curvy.
A 40 28 34 isn't curvy.
A 50 36 44 isn't curvy,and a 36 26 32 isn't either.

Doesn't matter the weight,bone stucture matters.
So curvy=hippy. If a woman has a big chest and a small waist she doesn't have curves, is that what you are saying?. It seems rather obvious that the two of you prefer pear shaped and think this is the only true way a woman can look good and be called curvy.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:17 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
So curvy=hippy. It seems rather obvious that the two of you prefer pear shaped and think this is the only true way a woman can look good and be called curvy.
There was no judgement about the attractiveness of people who are busty without having a low waist hip ratio.

Curvy should designate a ratio, and isn't a descriptor to mark "attractiveness" or "unattractiveness."

There is some debate on whether or not it is waist hip or bust waist.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There was no judgement about the attractiveness of people who are busty without having a low waist hip ratio. .
Not this time or not blatantly. But there has been before. Great effort is being made to establish curvy as a positive attribute and "not fat" So by going through great lengths to explain why a busty woman can't be called curvy is excluding them from this effort.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:16 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Not this time or not blatantly. But there has been before. Great effort is being made to establish curvy as a positive attribute and "not fat" So by going through great lengths to explain why a busty woman can't be called curvy is excluding them from this effort.
Personally, curvy implies a well-defined waist. Subsets of curvy are pear and hourglass. Someone can also be "busty" and "curvy." But for me "curvy" doesn't imply any attributes related to bust size or shape.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Personally, curvy implies a well-defined waist. Subsets of curvy are pear and hourglass. Someone can also be "busty" and "curvy." But for me "curvy" doesn't imply any attributes related to bust size or shape.
Small waist is I think the key too, or small compared to whatever she has going on above or below. I just don't necessarily apply more, weight, If you will to a woman's curvy quotient if she happens to be more hippy then busty - or vice versa. But whatever, someone may come along with some huge dissertation on why a woman like Kate Upton isn't curvy or mathematically can't be as attractive or that the only reason she's a succesful supermodel is because she has a large chest but It doesn't matter to me. Nor some study that says pear shaped women are healthier and have better genetics then apple shaped women. I and most guys I know will call her curvy along with a Sofia vergara or Esther Baxter or Maliah Michel type figures.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:03 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,894 times
I think women are just as much to blame here as men. I think the scope of the argument has changed from decades of yesteryear. Thin was the "in" thing and everyone else contrary to that shape was not as attractive.

Bigger women began standing up for their rights and demanding equal respect as "real women" and recognition with their thinner sisters.

Now it's the thin ladies wanting to be respected like they were before because the "big girls" have supposedly taken over. This new age of "real women have" curves has put a negative stamp on thin ladies.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:49 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,200,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
I think women are just as much to blame here as men. I think the scope of the argument has changed from decades of yesteryear. Thin was the "in" thing and everyone else contrary to that shape was not as attractive.

Bigger women began standing up for their rights and demanding equal respect as "real women" and recognition with their thinner sisters.

Now it's the thin ladies wanting to be respected like they were before because the "big girls" have supposedly taken over. This new age of "real women have" curves has put a negative stamp on thin ladies.
In our culture there is not a negative stamp on thin women, culturally thin is the most desirable, almost all women wish to be thinner. The women held up as ideal are models and actresses, except for a few "character" actors, they are almost exclusively very thin, often significantly thinner than the average thin woman. Thin women are still viewed as always being healthier, and usually they are considered better people in general, people think they have more self control, even better morals.

If there were a broader range of people held up as attractive, sayings like "real women have curves" wouldn't even exist. Anyway, sayings like that are not meant to be taken literally, it's just a backlash against the idea that only thin women matter, and are entitled to feel good about themselves. Even thin women, myself included are always striving to stay that way, or lose a little more because they know they will be considered more attractive. I went through a horrible period of stress awhile back, and lost a bunch of weight, I was already thin, so this made me very skinny, I have never been complimented so much in my life, mostly by women, men aren't as into women being "skinny."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty