Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 01:50 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,532,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Without the cone bra, hardcore girdle and photshopping in the Esquire shoot, Christina Hendricks is similar to your chubby pics.

http://images.starpulse.com/news/blo...endricks-5.jpg

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/phot...9-975-1300.jpg

No girdle, no photoshop, no power bra:
http://www.starsmoke.com/christinahendricks3.jpg

With girdle, photoshop and power bra:
http://media.mademan.com/chickipedia...mb_585x795.jpg
She is not fat!!! And nowhere near as chubby as the pics erasure posted.
She is average built, not far or overweight, no super thin.

Those girls in erasure photos are overweight, Christina is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 01:52 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,026,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It depends on if a man is a real man or not. Real men love woman and see beauty in all of them...
Geez, please give that a rest. This is what I was talking about when I initially responded to this thread...there a billion more instances in life where a man is called "not a real man" versus a woman being called "not a real woman" (this is really just a recent phenomenon, last decade or so, because there are so many more plus-sized women out there).

Old 04-03-2013, 01:55 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,026,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo-e View Post
(At least I have a fair-sized chest on me, so I'm not stick-like, but I have very long, narrow bones.)
So what if you didn't have a fair-sized chest? That wasn't something you earned anyway. I'm not trying to call you out, just that boobs, big or small, are something you're born with right? So for the thin girls with small boobs, did they choose to have small ones? No, they didn't.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:53 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
She is not fat!!! And nowhere near as chubby as the pics erasure posted.
She is average built, not far or overweight, no super thin.

Those girls in erasure photos are overweight, Christina is not.
No, CH is solidly overweight. The barre is simply very low these days.

http://aladyquecaga.files.wordpress..../hendricks.jpg

This doesn't mean she is unattractive, and I am sure plenty of men would crawl over broken glass to get to her, but yes she is certainly overweight.

Last edited by OngletNYC; 04-03-2013 at 03:02 PM..

Old 04-03-2013, 03:15 PM

141 posts, read 426,533 times
Why must all these threads end up as bashing? Women are beautiful in all shapes and sizes. I am not saying that being overweight is healthy but there is no need to bash them. Same for thin women. Just because they are thin does not mean they are healthy. All women are real women. I am overweight but I am still beautiful. Yes I have made some unhealthy choices and I am trying to change my diet to more healthy foods. Am I jealous of women who are naturally thin? Yes but I would never call them sickly or gross. Putting someone else down to try and make yourself feel better is just immature in my opinion.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:12 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
CH is fat. No two ways about it. Not chubby, fat. But I will admit I prefer women who have athletic builds. So to me, KK is fat, as well (even pre-pregnancy). Christina A looks great when she is thin, not so much when she packed it on.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:15 PM

372 posts, read 740,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
The comedienne Monique is a high-profile offender in this regard. I bet she would never sign to be a spokesperson for one of those weight loss programs, because she's crowed about being beautiful in her obesity for so loud and so long, it would just make her look like a hypocrite. She calls slender women (her fellow females, mind you! ) Skinny b****tches and they are not to be trusted. Wow, way to be a "sister" Monique. If a man could get past the obesity, do you think he wants to be bothered with jealous, insecure, hateful and petty?
She actually did lose quite a bit of weight recently. She looks much better than she did before, though she still has more to lose. I guess she got tired of lying to herself.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:00 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,201,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
It isn't meant to be taken literally. The point is that very thin women are over represented in the media, giving men--and some women--an unrealistic view of what is "normal." The average American women is somewhere between a size 12 and a size 14, not a size 2 or a size 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
I think the backlash is against artificially thin women; there are many celebrity photos where the female's image has been the product of photoshop. Stretch marks disappear. Love handles removed. Faces and arms are thinned. Those aren't real images of real women.

Then, there is also the fact that during the 90s, anorexic thin models were the standard of beauty. Their lifestyle promoted an unhealthy body image that the media embraced as the ideal for women. Models were thin because they are supposed to slip in and out of clothes; they are to make the clothes look good.
People take this way too seriously, no one actually thinks thin women aren't real women, this comment is used in contrast to the unrealistic level of thinness portrayed in the media, if you watch TV, or read a magazine one would think every woman in the US is very, very thin. There is also a lot of photoshop/airbrushing going on where skinny women are made to look even thinner, and every imperfection is removed. No one thinks an actual woman in real life who happens to be thin isn't "real," that's just ridiculous.

I've been thin most of my life, and at times of stress when I don't eat, I've been model thin, and constantly complimented for it despite being at my worst health wise. I've never been victimized, or made fun of for it, it gets ridiculous when people who are the American ideal start to claim victimhood. For every one negative comment a skinny woman might hear about herself there are about 10 million negative comments thrown at an overweight woman, plus thin women are constantly complimented and envied. Just read this thread, it's mostly "fat" woman bashing.

I don't like to hear about any woman, thin, or otherwise being insulted, that shouldn't happen, but taking a saying like that, and getting all upset about it as though thin women are these poor victims of constant ridicule in our society is too much. If a thin woman is genuinely upset by this, I think she needs to seriously work on her self esteem, and maybe she should consider focusing less on herself, and be more upset about the constant focus on women's looks, and weight as being a reflection of her worth, that's a real problem ALL women face, if we stopped that no woman would have to worry that the way she looks is bad, or something that's needs defending.

Last edited by detshen; 04-03-2013 at 05:10 PM..

Old 04-03-2013, 05:15 PM

26,784 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Oh yes, on those pictures that you've posted - definitely.
But watch her here - it's a different story.

Christina Hendricks of Mad Men shows off her dirty car at Melrose Place Shopping Spree - YouTube

Those few extra pounds make a difference for her; that's when from "voluptuous" she turns into "overweight."

So on those Esquires pictures she had simply a different weight - it was not just "photoshop."
And another thing - those chubby girls whose pics I've posted earlier can't be turned into "curvacious," girdles or not. That's why they are "chubby," while that Christina Hendrickson is not, even when she is overweight.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:24 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,201,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh yes, on those pictures that you've posted - definitely.
But watch her here - it's a different story.

Christina Hendricks of Mad Men shows off her dirty car at Melrose Place Shopping Spree - YouTube

Those few extra pounds make a difference for her; that's when from "voluptuous" she turns into "overweight."

So on those Esquires pictures she had simply a different weight - it was not just "photoshop."
And another thing - those chubby girls whose pics I've posted earlier can't be turned into "curvacious," girdles or not. That's why they are "chubby," while that Christina Hendrickson is not, even when she is overweight.
That was a horribly unflattering picture of her, you can't even tell her size because of the way the shirt poofs. She's just voluptuous, in every picture I see of her, her waist is quite small in relation to her hips which is a known indicator of good health, I would not call her overweight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty