Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 06:35 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
I think as some already said, men will often find a woman attractive if she gives off a sexy, sensual vibe, even if she's not conventionally beautiful.
Agreed. The way a woman carries herself makes a big difference in how attractive she is to many men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 08:04 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Well, Gwyneth is actually one I quite like. She has such a lovely, gentle spirit about her, but I didn't realize she was a hit with men. But I was showing a male friend a picture of Amanda Seyfried the other day and saying how beautiful I found her, and he couldn't understand what I meant. He thought she looked like a bug-eyed alien.
LMAO. I never heard of Amanda Seyfried so I just looked her up. High five your friend for me.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:06 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,877,109 times
Men and women are not going to look at the same specimen with the same eyes. Blame evolutionary strategies (men are looking for mating material; women are looking for those who they can cooperate with) for that.

Amanda Seyfriend is a great actress and while her beauty is not conventional it is undeniable. There is also a sensuality to her, something from deep within, a femininity that has no need to be artificially manufactured by exterior plays attempting sexiness. Across the pond we have Romola Garai.

Gwyneth Paltrow veers toward conventional Western beauty standards but where she shines is her sense of discipline. She does not overeat, is confident enough to find a need to show off lots of skin while maintaining and elegant style, and overall does not come off as desperate for attention. All plus points.

I don't have anything positive to say about the other most discussed women on this thread so will leave it as that.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:13 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,457,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
Agreed. The way a woman carries herself makes a big difference in how attractive she is to many men.

Exactly, kinesthetic beauty (how it all is put together and moves when a woman walks) will make up for a lot of other things, especially, when they possess great personality and character traits.

Some women who naturally come to mind as gorgeous(not just pretty):
Salma Hayek (funny how Michael Jordan's new wife Yvette Prieto has some resemblance to her) as does Cote De Pablo
Charlize Theron
Halle Berry
Lara Dutta (recall seeing her on a late night talk show years ago stunning articulate and intelligent)

Two others that stick in my mind from seeing only once or twice on late night talk show years ago due to their bearing and non ditzy-ness that so many of today's flavor of month model seem to have are:

Vendela Kirsebom
Daniela Pestova

The type that prompt this response a la Charles Boyer, "Come with me to the Casbah, we can make lovely music together" See Warner Brothers Classic

The Cat's Bah (Pepe Le Pew) - YouTube

cue the old "Meow mix" cat.... meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow

Old 05-01-2013, 11:25 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Kate Upton is just about the only supermodel I find truly sexy these days, the rest are just too skinny and generic looking.

Yes agree, she is sexy

Old 05-02-2013, 02:45 AM

11 posts, read 75,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Women are jealous and threatened by other women that men find attractive - plain and simple

That's not true I might not be the best looking but I can and will most certainly point out a woman who is beautiful, or has nice breasts and even a nice butt whether or not my boyfriend finds her attractive if he does then we will agree I have no insecurities about myself as a woman if a man I am with veered off path to be with his "type" or even worse someone who is most definitely out of his league then see ya!! cause you wasn't worth it anyways... and male friends? well most of them seek the need to point out women to me because they know I will be honest. Attraction happens because that is what you are attracted to, don't mean you are shallow about who your attracted to. People are attracted to other people mostly because that is their type. Im a big girl, but im not attracted to big girls... why? simply because Im just not... thats not my attraction but if I see a big girl I think is pretty I will say it.

IE.
Pamela Anderson - nice rack but ewwww noooo butt and skinny chicken legs and botox lips that bleach crap she puts in her hair???
Angelina Jolie - ok rack, beautiful lips (natural I think) but tooooo skinny and a large forehead
Kim Kardashian - (no im not a fan) BAM! nice everything!!!!

Its an individual preference and any woman who is jealous and threatened just by the fact men or her man find a certain type to be attractive has self esteem issues and other insecurities that need to be checked on... my theory is if he leaves you for another he was never worth it and you'll find better, but if hes just glancing theres nothing wrong with window shopping as long as he doesn't stop to buy.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:49 AM

11 posts, read 75,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
Very much agree I am a "big girl" and I have dated 2 different men who have never ever fathomed the thought of dating someone of my body type and both admitted it was the way I carried myself.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:57 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,273,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Women are jealous and threatened by other women that men find attractive - plain and simple
Agreed. I wouldn't even want to say the things these women say about the "good looking gal" that all the men like at work.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:37 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
No I dont agree at all... as a female I enjoy seeing other good looking women , what I dont like is tarty looking females who flaunt.... I find Catherine Zeta Jones lovely without being overdone up , and would love to look like her.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:59 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,877,109 times
While I broadly agree with the sentiment I noticed the term kinesthetic beauty which we simply call comportment.

Am I missing out on the latest lingo? Please fill me in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty