Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 05:54 AM

1,349 posts, read 664,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I just shave it off. I can't stand having what I call a 1970's bush LOL

I hate how shaving scratches.

I might do it for my legs in case of "emergency" () but never down here.

If needed and have no time, I use a depilatory cream.

But then it depends on everyone's way of life. I live 200m from the beach so go about everyday (day off or after work) from april to mid-october, bikini is an important item of clothing here

This year was different, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 04:49 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,432,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
I hate how shaving scratches.

I might do it for my legs in case of "emergency" () but never down here.

If needed and have no time, I use a depilatory cream.

But then it depends on everyone's way of life. I live 200m from the beach so go about everyday (day off or after work) from april to mid-october, bikini is an important item of clothing here

This year was different, of course.
I would do a brilliant but I am scared of being in pain plus I basically do it for myself and try and keep groomed down there. I don't shave down there a lot maybe once a week

Old 07-21-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I would do a brilliant but I am scared of being in pain plus I basically do it for myself and try and keep groomed down there. I don't shave down there a lot maybe once a week
What is a brilliant?

And again, it is not painful, merely disagreable and it is done in a very short time.

Or maybe I have better resistance to pain

Old 07-21-2020, 03:05 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,412,090 times
Ok, so I chickened out on the Brazilian Wax, I'm sorry. What I might have to do is probably try getting my underarms waxed first as a trial. Not that I have much of a desire to have hair-free underarms, but it's inexpensive and less hair. So it's a good test to see how well I can bear the pain of waxing...

Old 07-22-2020, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Ok, so I chickened out on the Brazilian Wax, I'm sorry. What I might have to do is probably try getting my underarms waxed first as a trial. Not that I have much of a desire to have hair-free underarms, but it's inexpensive and less hair. So it's a good test to see how well I can bear the pain of waxing...
If you're so afraid of wax, just try hair removal cream. Painless although it lasts for about five days. inexpensive and efficient.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:59 AM

20,936 posts, read 28,432,613 times
Quote:
What is a brilliant?

And again, it is not painful, merely disagreable and it is done in a very short time.

Or maybe I have better resistance to pain
LOL I meant Brazilian it was a typo

Old 07-24-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
If you're so afraid of wax, just try hair removal cream. Painless although it lasts for about five days. inexpensive and efficient.

Is that safe to use "down there"?

Old 07-27-2020, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Is that safe to use "down there"?
Never had any problem or discomfort. Just respect the timing and then wash with a loofah or something similar.

Used to smell bad, but now there's a lot of choices, some odorless, some floral, etc.

But as I said, it doesn't last long since it only destroys de hair not the bulb. But lasts longer than razor and so much more comfortable, not stubbling.

Old 07-27-2020, 01:23 PM

Has anyone tried sugaring? I saw a place near where I live that does it for men and their reviews on yelp are pretty good. Based on my research, while not pain-free, it's not as painful as waxing.

Old 07-27-2020, 02:25 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
Has anyone tried sugaring? I saw a place near where I live that does it for men and their reviews on yelp are pretty good. Based on my research, while not pain-free, it's not as painful as waxing.

I never heard of a man doing it....but I've tried it. It's less painful cause it doesn't pull on your skin like a brazilian does...AND it's no chemicals so it's a little easier on your skin IMO. There's less risk for infection because there is no wax being pulled off from the skin, it's all at the root.....tho tbh even with brazilian waxes IMO results & comfort will be on the quality & technique of the esthetician. The bad part is that it's not quite as smooth as a brazilian wax.......& you have to do it a little more often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty