Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 01:22 PM

861 posts, read 1,456,876 times

Advertisements

Cut your hair, keep your nails trimmed, wear clean clothes and some nice smelling cologne. Lift weights, drink more water and exercise regularly.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:12 PM

597 posts, read 1,147,569 times
[quote=bmw335xi;29737317]My best advice for the future, when you come across a girl you like, don't ask her out until you are absolutely certain she likes you the same way. If you ask her out when she only likes you as a friend, it could kill your chances forever. You need to be patient and take your time. quote]

This advice is irrelevant; because I would NEVER consider any woman but the young lady I am interested in. She is the (only) one I hope to someday marry, and have a family with. If she refuses to accept me, I will accept the fact that I must live a single life.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:29 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
[quote=Jay Watson;29738681]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
My best advice for the future, when you come across a girl you like, don't ask her out until you are absolutely certain she likes you the same way. If you ask her out when she only likes you as a friend, it could kill your chances forever. You need to be patient and take your time. quote]

This advice is irrelevant; because I would NEVER consider any woman but the young lady I am interested in. She is the (only) one I hope to someday marry, and have a family with. If she refuses to accept me, I will accept the fact that I must live a single life.
There is no hope with this girl, so you should either prepare for the single life or seek therapy. Desperation will never get you anywhere.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:54 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,318,301 times
Default What can a teenager do to improve his appearance?

Live healthy, eat correctly and nutritously, practice good hygiene, exercise, pay close attention to your grooming habits (haircuts, fingernails, and skincare). Last but not least perhaps you would consider some spiritual practice such as meditation and yoga.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Old 05-26-2013, 03:12 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,386,313 times
Reading this and the many posts, I am reminded of a poem that goes something like this.

If you love someone set them free, if they come back it was meant to be, if they don't it never was.

Basically, meaning, if you love someone their happiness will be most important to you, and if you are making that person unhappy, let them go. Leave that person in peace to pursue their own happiness.

As for your question, there are things you can do to improve your appearance, but if someone does not find you attractive you could do everything possible to change your appearance and it still won't make a difference.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
As for your question, there are things you can do to improve your appearance, but if someone does not find you attractive you could do everything possible to change your appearance and it still won't make a difference.
So, are you trying to say that I have no chance with her simply because I was born with features that she deems, undesirable?

What you must attempt to recognize, is that I had no control over my physical appearance, when I was born. Yet, I am being punished for something I could not help.

Last edited by Jay Watson; 05-26-2013 at 03:55 PM..

Old 05-26-2013, 03:22 PM

571 posts, read 1,201,485 times
[quote=Jay Watson;29738681]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
My best advice for the future, when you come across a girl you like, don't ask her out until you are absolutely certain she likes you the same way. If you ask her out when she only likes you as a friend, it could kill your chances forever. You need to be patient and take your time. quote]

I had a similar situation in high school, where a friend of mine was determined that we would end up together. He was a friend and I simply felt no spark between us. It was a waste of time and emotion. It did not end nicely - he became somewhat of a stalker.

The way you speak about this young lady is quite selfish. You cannot be indifferent to her likes/dislikes. If you want to write off the possibility of anyone else in your life at the young age of 19, then go ahead.

I should add that if you don't know her well, you are fantasizing about her as a person. You've built a fictitious person in your mind that doesn't even exist. You will have no one else, because you've made her out to be the perfect woman. You can go ahead and waste your life living in a fantasy, if you want.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:30 PM

[quote=Angelcake4;29739543]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post

The way you speak about this young lady is quite selfish. You cannot be indifferent to her likes/dislikes. .
I am trying to be considerate of her likes/dislikes.

I recognize that she considers me unattractive. I am trying to change my appearance for her. I am doing this out of consideration, for her feelings.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:32 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,656,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
She didn't have to say it. Her actions toward me made it obvious.

When I first met her (back in freshmen year), I tried to make conversation with her. Keep in mind, that she knew nothing about me at that point. Yet, she was anything but friendly.

It appears that she was opposed to giving me a chance from the beginning; as her responses to my questions were short, curt, and in a monotone voice.

Therefore, I believe that she considered me very unattractive during our initial encounter; and still does.

Leave her alone there is nothing you can do at this point. She is not interested-probably feels like you are obsessed with her.It probably has nothing to do with your looks.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
She is not interested-probably feels like you are obsessed with her.It probably has nothing to do with your looks.
I believe it does have something to do with my looks. I recognize that she considers me to be very unattractive.

That is why I am asking for suggestions as to how I can improve my appearance to the point that she would consider me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty