Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate my looks in these pictures
Sparkling Handsome 0 0%
Nice: I like your body & clothes 7 13.46%
Average: Nothing special 34 65.38%
Meh: Should work more on your body & clothing choices 8 15.38%
Disgusting: You are a south asian guy, isnt it obvious 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 10:16 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,298,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
So I can only come to a more rational conclusion, and that is that the person who posted this isn't the person in the picture. Especially given the OP's statement that he is thick skinned and encourages insults, I feel like the OP is looking for insults on the appearance of the person that he/she posted. It's devious.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:16 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
It's devious.
HORRENDOUS ASSUMPTION

SERIOUSLY, WHY THE EFFING HELL WOULD I DO THAT. I AM NOT A SADIST AND DID IT TO PREVENT TROLLS FROM THINKING INSULTING ME ON THE BASIS OF LOOKS WOULD IMPACT ON I FEEL.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 11-22-2013 at 10:36 AM..

Old 11-22-2013, 10:19 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
You have great potential to me, the body looks good and not overly built, not to skinny. You have good natural proportion to your face. It's ok for men to wear a bit of make up as well. You have good eyes so just trim those brows, but to add healthy glow use a bronze blush gel, just a bit on your cheeks. Looking healthy is what attractive is about according to science. We are attracted to health. You can cheat a bit but getting healthy will be the real deal.

Oh, and if you are short add some type of boot or tennis shoe with a bit of height. Like sketchers or similar brand. If you are on a budget, most of this can be found second hand or garage sales. Use the money for eyebrows and hair color.

Here is my fashion advice - - keep us updated! These threads are fun to me. It's fun to work on yourself, don't get hung up on naysayers. Be who you want to be. If it's good looking you want, that's easy. Just get healthy and show it off a bit.

Lose 10 to 15 lbs, that's it though don't go to far. Start a daily jog, women love men who are out jogging or biking. Eat veggies, drink water.
Get your eyebrows done! Sounds silly but makes a big difference on men. Lighten your hair about a shade, and get a relaxer on it so it's manageable. Don't wear a suit or you'll look like an Intel worker, unless you do work at Intel. Get some darker jeans or cords that fit and have a slimmer line and some lighter shirts, t-shirts or button ups. This will reduce the lower while building the top. A (V) shape to the body is attractive. You can wear a "cough" wife beater with the button up open. That looks nice but call it a tank top. Above all, don't have a cocky attitude, work on a relaxed attitude with some yoga or meditation. What's on the inside tends to show on the outside regardless of how you look.

Here are some pics of what I'm talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Rate my looks in these pictures-screen-shot-2013-11-22-10.01.22   Rate my looks in these pictures-screen-shot-2013-11-22-10.02.10   Rate my looks in these pictures-screen-shot-2013-11-22-10.02.24  

Last edited by kris; 01-10-2014 at 01:39 PM..

Old 11-22-2013, 10:27 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I will post a picture in a Suit with a smile once I graduate with a Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering degree this May from Rutgers. I think that is what most guys on this forum think is nice looking. Even then, I expect mixed reviews due to my origin and nationality.

I dont feel ashamed to expose myself in clothes I like to wear. Someone I don't know is going to see them, why bother if its on a public fashion forum or outside. Dating is a waste of time when I know I am going to have an arranged marriage anyways planned by my mother and father. Even if I get hit on (which has happened a couple times in the past), I turn it down.

For those who want to know my plans after college, I have a gutsy call. Hire me if you want to, else I am going to grad school (Already applied to 3 in the top 20), doing a PhD, and becoming a university researcher or professor .
Good for you!
Even if a marriage is arranged, you should still want to feel good about yourself for you and the girl involved. You are young, and in this day and age with the internet more and more kids are looking for answers here. Some people are old on here and don't understand why you would. Don't let it throw ya.
Remember a good attitude!

Old 11-22-2013, 10:40 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Yes, but not a dating forum. The cheesy bed photo's gotta go.... nothing fashionable or beautiful about that.
In other fashion threads I have seen people post photos of themselves wearing PJ's and you say nothing about that. Yet when it comes to my photos, you always mistake me for dating. Why I do not know .

Old 11-22-2013, 11:16 AM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
It's the pose, not the clothes.... that's why!

Old 11-22-2013, 11:22 AM

6,460 posts, read 7,798,579 times
Quote:
HORRENDOUS ASSUMPTION

SERIOUSLY, WHY THE EFFING HELL WOULD I DO THAT. I AM NOT A SADIST AND DID IT TO PREVENT TROLLS FROM THINKING INSULTING ME ON THE BASIS OF LOOKS WOULD IMPACT ON I FEEL.

Quote:
I will post a picture in a Suit with a smile once I graduate with a Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering degree this May from Rutgers. I think that is what most guys on this forum think is nice looking. Even then, I expect mixed reviews due to my origin and nationality.
Quote:

I dont feel ashamed to expose myself in clothes I like to wear. Someone I don't know is going to see them, why bother if its on a public fashion forum or outside. Dating is a waste of time when I know I am going to have an arranged marriage anyways planned by my mother and father. Even if I get hit on (which has happened a couple times in the past), I turn it down.

For those who want to know my plans after college, I have a gutsy call. Hire me if you want to, else I am going to grad school (Already applied to 3 in the top 20), doing a PhD, and becoming a university researcher or professor .

What's with all the emoticons and caps? I think you might be a woman. Did I strike a nerve? I thought you were thick skinned. I didn’t even think I said anything insulting.

I makes more sense that you would do what I said you did rather than what you propose to be really doing, that’s why. So ease up there cowboy and switch to decaf.

Rather than why you would do what I proposed you did, I think the better question is why you are doing what you propose you are. You followin’ me professor?

Yes, any negative reviews will be due to your origin and nationality rather than what people think about the way you look. Do you think about what you write before writing it?

And dude, DUDE! If you think dating is a waste of time you must not be male (or female). Are you saying you haven’t been on a date? And your how old bro? oh man, I am sending you a (virtual) bro hug and telling you sincerely, go on some dates. Women are fun to be with, lots of fun. LOTS! You catchin’ what I’m throwin’? Pay attention man!

Thanks for filling us in on your plans after college. I’m sure many of us were very curious and hoping you would. When are you going to reveal your favorite food and favorite color? Don’t keep us in suspense! Oh, and thanks for letting us know we can hire you, I happen to have been looking to hire a narcissistic inexperienced engineer. How are you at cleaning toilets?

Good to hear that you applied to the top programs. They don’t let just anyone apply you know. I mean one must have internet access and a printer to get those coveted application forms. Regretfully, I don’t think you’ll make it as an academic, they like professors to have at least a little hair in their armpits.

Best of luck professor. Hope you don’t get all blowed up building rockets.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:24 AM

809 posts, read 1,273,676 times
Quote:
In other fashion threads I have seen people post photos of themselves wearing PJ's and you say nothing about that. Yet when it comes to my photos, you always mistake me for dating. Why I do not know .
If you were caucasian, you will be walking off with compliments even. That's the sad state of the internet

Old 11-22-2013, 11:30 AM

4,040 posts, read 7,443,879 times
Quote:
Before I start, I want to make a firm and important statement in caps to avoid unnecessary abuses and trolling:

THIS RATING IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. IT WILL NOT INFLUENCE MY EMOTIONS, THOUGHTS, OR FEELINGS IN ANY WAY. FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I AM CONFIDENT, STRONG WILLED AND TOUGH TO BREAK. IF YOU DECIDE TO COMMENT NEGATIVELY ON MY LOOKS WITH THE INTENTION TO PUT ME DOWN, REMEMBER THAT NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, I WILL STILL STAY IN 1 PIECE .

So, What are your thoughts on my looks from the pictures below. I always like to think of myself as just another average looking kid. These are my best raw images without any Photoshopping involved and show my true self.

Showing off on a warm & sunny afternoon:

Flexing my muscles at home after a heavy workout and steamy shower (Sorry for the blurriness, it was an unexpected quick shot by my cousin sister, but a nice picture of myself nonetheless):
Strictly physically, my sister would see you as somewhere between a 9-10, on a scale from 1-10. She finds the dark, well-built type very attractive, I would say an 8-9 as I am more attracted to the light-brown, blue eyed, slightly more slender type. :-)
Note I am not making any evaluations based on style of clothing you're wearing. (Yes, you do need to lose the "wife beaters" :-) ).

That being said, you would automatically lose lots of points in the eyes of women like myself or her because of too much preoccupation with looks. A truly attractive guy does NOT fuss over looks! Ever.
Brad Pitt has spent years trying to acquire a rougher, less "pretty-boy" type of look - not that he managed, Bless His Heart.

Overall, I think you are a good looking to very good looking guy; but as a man, you need to quit worrying about looks as much. Take that worry instead and place it in the "achievement/confidence/wisdom/conversation abilities/providing abilities" department.

Please understand that this is what "tames" a woman to the bone - particularly in this highly materialistic, money-oriented, competitive world we live in. Granted, it will also depend on the type of woman you are going after but generally speaking, I am yet to hear of one who says "no" to money - regardless of background.

Grab an MD degree or what not, then come back here and let us know if you still give a flying "X" about how you look. Unless you were in danger of being considered terribly unattractive (which you are obviously not) - move on to other considerations.

Finally - not a good idea to give all sorts of jerks the opportunity to take out all of their racist, hateful tensions on you, in a place where they finally, FINAAAALLLLLY!.... don't need to be PC anymore, like in the real world.

You're fine. Now go get a life.

Last edited by syracusa; 11-22-2013 at 11:43 AM..

Old 11-22-2013, 11:39 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
The bed photo reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with George Costanza posing in his underwear..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty