Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 10:57 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My favorite serums are Clarins and Chanel. Chanel's serum is about twice as expensive as Clarins (I think Clarins is about $80 and the bottle lasts about 5-6 months because a little goes a long way) and I can't see a difference between the results to be honest, so I switched to Clarins permanently.

I am nearly 52 and I HAVE made a conscious effort to take care of my skin all my life, other than a crazy stint of tanning during my teens (after all, we only have one face and it has to last a long time). I didn't start using a serum regularly till recently, but I've always used a good moisturizer. I also think genetics and the level of oil in our skin makes a huge difference. I have always had combination skin and when I was younger I often cursed the occasional blemish, but it's been a good trade off in the long run.

I use serum, an all natural eye cream, and then BB cream (combo moisturizer and very light foundation). After my bath, when my skin is very moist, I use almond oil on my face and let it sink in. It's a very light oil.

One thing I always tell younger women is this - DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR NECK AND UPPER CHEST AREA (decollatage). I didn't pay a bit of attention to this area for years and now it's not aging as well as my face is. I will nearly positively get something "done" about this in the near future (I think maybe for my 55th birthday). I don't have much wrinkling on my face at all - I mean, you can tell via gravity that I'm not a spring chicken anymore but I don't really have WRINKLES -but my neck is starting to get crepey and I have some sun damage on my decollatage. I am NOT going to have a turkey waddle neck!!! So I'm not at all opposed to going under the knife to take care of that!

Here's me about two months ago.

Beautiful Lady KathrynAragon~ .... Hear you on the skin, I'm thankful my mother rode my butt on not sunbathing & avoiding the tanning beds during my youth into adult life ... I wear a large hat always keep my chest and arms covered while in the sun and use a 60 or more sunscreen. Yes I might be fair skin but I have no real wrinkles yet...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Nope. I still don't wear make-up, and I still just wash and condition my hair at night and let it air dry. I do need to exercise more but I do have some physical limitations.

My clothing could use a helping hand, I am quite sure, but I wear what I am comfortable wearing. When I snazz it up a bit, I do get compliments, so I suppose I could do that more often.

Jeans and a t shirt... that is what I am comfortable in.

This is me a few months ago....I was 39...40 now!

Beautiful as well~~ You look very young...

Old 01-09-2014, 11:30 AM

72 posts, read 99,845 times
The older I get, I find that less is more. I no longer dye my hair. I actually like my gray highlights. I wear little makeup. I focus on fitness and eating right. I find that has far more value. I'm 43 and without a single wrinkle. I have never once worn sunscreen or tried to block my face from the sun. Aging doesn't scare me .. I embrace it.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:16 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
I do bit more but not alot- from my 30's to my 60's only diff is very short hair and colored redbrown.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:47 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Thank you very much! You're not so bad yourself!

You know, I like this age much better than my twenties. I never thought that would be the case, but it certainly is!

Old 01-09-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:

You know, I like this age much better than my twenties. I never thought that would be the case, but it certainly is!

LOl..Thanks.. I love wear I'm at...Getting old doesn't scare me...

Old 01-09-2014, 02:50 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,421,534 times
I'm having a hard time finding a personal style. When I was younger I was overweight, so I never really was much for clothes.

I'm finally losing my belly and back fat hahaha.

I just don't want to be the t-shirt and elastic waist pants type!

as for wrinkles, I'm used to them. By 18 I had crow's feet worse than most 40 yr olds!

Old 01-09-2014, 03:03 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
I am totally different.

My hair is long and straight instead of short and curly.

I don't have one grey hair. They're all number 4N mahogany brown.

Working out eating well and not abusing my body is now essential instead of elective.

I wear makeup almost daily now. I am very fair and tend to look like a pale blur if I don't.

I've noticed my eyelashes thinning but they were never much chop, thank the gods false eyelashes which are my new bff.

At the moment I'm on the hunt for the perfect nude lip which is not as easy as it sounds.

I would have no hesitation getting a bit of nip and tuck either... just a little.

I don't feel any older than I did at 18 so I don't want to look "old", for now at least.

50 is the new 30!

Old 01-09-2014, 05:53 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
She IS beautiful - she looks fourteen years old!!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2014, 05:57 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:

You said it - and it has surprised the hell out of me. But I feel great, I'm a LOT smarter than I was then...and I have more, shall we say...expendable income.

Plus I'm married to a guy who is SO much fun. And we just went to a class reunion of his and he won "Least Changed" - which says something, though I'm not quite sure what...

He's very young at heart and really extroverted and fun to be around. WOOOHOOO!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty