Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 10:21 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times

Advertisements

My experience thus far has taught me that handsome is different in the eyes of each and every woman (or man if you are gay). For example, according to people on this forum, I look ugly (which is perfectly acceptable by me). According to my sister, I look handsome (thanks for the compliment). People think differently. There tend to be differences in preferences among people from different cultures. But these differences cant be generalized. It all depends on the whole package of stuff a guy presents at the table that molds his handsomeness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 10:25 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
I spotted one. Black Irish with inky dark hair that wouldn't behave, with piercing blue eyes. The way he interacted with women, he hadn't a clue about his devastating good looks. I suppose he didn't make much eye contact because he was somewhat aware of the terrible power his gaze could contain. But he still didn't act like a fellow who knew he was handsome.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:39 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
According to my sister, I look handsome (thanks for the compliment).
according to my mother I am the most handsome guy on earth! (I think she may say the same thing to my brother)

Old 01-13-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
according to my mother I am the most handsome guy on earth! (I think she may say the same thing to my brother)
True, I don't get complimented by those who don't know me and could care less.

Meh, it doesn't even matter. What value does it provide for a guy. I still cant talk my way out of Jersey traffic tickets unlike beautiful chic's. Tell me if its possible to sweet talk a female cop into giving me a warning. Has anyone done it before. My bet is no.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:37 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
I spotted one. Black Irish with inky dark hair that wouldn't behave, with piercing blue eyes. The way he interacted with women, he hadn't a clue about his devastating good looks. I suppose he didn't make much eye contact because he was somewhat aware of the terrible power his gaze could contain. But he still didn't act like a fellow who knew he was handsome.
Sounds like my kind of guy - why can't I come across a guy like that at the Target on Sepulveda when I'm shopping for Champion shorts on a Sunday afternoon? Where did you spot this specimen?

Old 01-13-2014, 11:48 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:

Meh, it doesn't even matter. What value does it provide for a guy. I still cant talk my way out of Jersey traffic tickets unlike beautiful chic's. Tell me if its possible to sweet talk a female cop into giving me a warning. Has anyone done it before. My bet is no.
I'm not a dude, but I did somehow talk my way out of a traffic ticket before. I failed to stop at a stop sign and got snagged before I could even get mid block. He was very nice and asked if I saw the sign and the sheepish contrition act apparently worked. I think he decided he would let me go when he spotted what I had on the passenger seat next to me - which I had completely forgotten by that time. I only noticed after I pulled away.

I bet if a female cop pulled you over and you had the right magazine on the passenger seat she might let you go. Give it a try next time. A low-cut shirt may help too.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:09 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:

are you single? if you are better looking, it will help you meet a better looking girl/guy. once you are a married guy, the value of being good looking isn't so much. im sure its still better than being ugly though.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:26 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,449,583 times
Down South girls like to date six foot two, athletic built good looking white men. And no yankees,

Old 01-13-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
And no yankees,
Why not people from the north. Whats wrong with them. They are also Americans just like you. Singling out people based on regional location is old school. I would not back off from a nice looking girl just because she was from the deep south.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
if you are better looking.
That's the million dollar question in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty