Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2014, 05:26 PM

33 posts, read 49,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Exactly her lower body is too big, big chucky firewood log legs! She can ONLY be ""the face of"" something
Actually, Miu Miu used her full body in their recent advert:

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1555054/th...IU-MIU-570.jpg

Old 03-08-2014, 05:37 PM

674 posts, read 698,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post

Halle Berry - Beautiful black role model actress and beauty queen.
Rashida Jones - Beautiful black role model actress and beauty queen.
Maya Rudolph - Beautiful and extremely talented comedienne, actress.
Condi Rice - Highest ranking black woman in the history of U.S. Government. Should be looked up to by all women. THIS is a great role model and, yes, I think a face of not only black beauty, but also of black intelligence.
Virtually every woman you listed is biracial. I hope you did that as a joke rather than truly being that ignorant.

Old 03-08-2014, 05:57 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,341,250 times
Quote:
AND if you look at my post, I brought up her hair to COSIGN with some one else. I dont see you attacking the poster that said Lupita had an aweful buzz cut & no boobage. So why you attacking me boo?

Amber Rose is a black woman so again I acknowledged a beautiful black woman. Also part African so whats your problem?

I stated traits that make women unattractive including being overweight. A big part of Lupita's fame is that she is paving the path for dark skinned women. Thats what this thread is all about. If she was a black woman who looked like Vanessa Williams this thread would not have been created.

I'm talking about her skin tone aesthetically. IMO it takes FEATURES, SKIN TONE & SKIN CLARITY to create a beautiful face. And how am I racist? I acknowledged that Naomi Campbell is extremely dark, as dark as Lupita but she looks gorgeous & Lupita not.

By the way I am naturally a red head & I take no offence to the fact that blondes are most preferred. If a black person said they prefer blondes to redheads I guess they are racist??
Whatever. I'm reporting your posts. You are just here to start racial nonsense.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:07 PM

615 posts, read 1,676,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren4343 View Post
Actually, Miu Miu used her full body in their recent advert:

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1555054/th...IU-MIU-570.jpg

Lauren: That's why I was "LMAO" at Angry Millionaire's comment because the coined term "Use the face of" is not in its literal form. She was selected by Miu Miu to model their clothing. Thus, it would be her entire body not just her face.

You can't keep feeding trolls. They crave attention and must be lacking something.

They're the online bullies. Such is life.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:09 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Look at Naomi's first & last name & compare to Lupita's if they applied for the same job at IKEA who do you think would get hired first?
It may be that IKEA are less ignorantly bigoted than you think they are. I'm surprised you would even propose such a bigoted attitude as though it was a point in favor of Campbell's person.

They may even check character references and criminal records, which indicate that Lupita is a far nicer person to work with (and especially for) than Naomi Campbell.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:13 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,412,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Virtually every woman you listed is biracial. I hope you did that as a joke rather than truly being that ignorant.
i didnt even see this post

this iks what im talking about...always going for the halfbrrr

---

Halle Berry - yawn...she's just the default "lena horn" for the 90s-2000s the usual suspects are obligated to always use her for a "beautiful talented accomplished strong black woman" reference

Rashida Jones - only knew of her because of Dave Chappelles "love contract" skit and she was kinda hot but i didnt even look at her and think she was "black

Maya Rudolph - this woman is but ugly imo... nothing really more to say

Condi Rice - so you threw in condi... well truth be told most black women wouldnt use her when its time to reference that "btasbw" she isnt really good looking, but that isnt the reason, for some reason alot of blacks think they are liberals and they automatically HATE her for being a republican. on top of that they make fun of the fact that she is 50+ never been married and no kids (ironic because black women are the least married and least desired according to stats)... dont care about her actual accomplishments or talent playing the piano or anything... it just shows how fkkd up peoples thinking is

Old 03-08-2014, 09:11 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Lupita is beautiful, educated, poised, and talented.

That is it.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:13 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
Halle Berry - yawn...she's just the default "lena horn" for the 90s-2000s the usual suspects are obligated to always use her for a "beautiful talented accomplished strong black woman" reference
Considering the reasonably good job she did the Dorothy Dandridge biopic, she probably "gets it."

Old 03-08-2014, 09:16 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
This! She needs to do something about that hair. She is no Amber Rose.

To each her own, she is shaped funny to me. Her arms are nice and toned but her legs are too fat/thick.

Some blacks can get away with being extremely dark like Naomi Campbell is universally gorgeous but this woman''s complexion makes her look manly to me. Being too dark on a woman can make her unattractive IMO just like being too fat can make a woman unattractive etc.
Posts like this pretty much sum up why we need a lot more Lupitas and a wider variety of types to represent black beauty.

Last edited by jade408; 03-08-2014 at 09:44 PM..

Old 03-08-2014, 11:14 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Ah, no. She is Kenyan. No Mexican blood in her.
1) There is no such thing as "Mexican" blood. A Mexican (and ALL Hispanics) can be of ANY race.

2) Lupita Nyong'o is a Mexican citizen by birth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty